What benifits am i entitled to?

BeckyxBoo

Reaction score
I am a stay at home mum.. i have a 1 week old little boy and my boyfriend works 38 hours a week and gets around £800 a month.. i have applied for child benifit and will be applyin for child tax credits and my boyfrend will be applyin for workin tax credits.. what else am i entitled to? x x x

if ur oh works then apart from what uve applied for u wont get a penny more

Well i appied for child benifit but havnt heard anythin back yet? how long u think it will take to come thro?? x x x

Id ring them coz they need chasing up sometimes. Go on direct.gov and do the benefit calculator xx

u dont get housing benefit if ur in a relationship and one of u works especialy 38hours a week

No I agree with what Moomin said, you probably won't get housing or council tax benefit. You have to claim CTC and WTC together, as a couple.

and aswel i wouldnt trust the calculator on the gov website cuz it said me n oh wud get ctc and wtc and when the claim went thru we cudnt get wtc even tho i dont work and oh works 40 hours a week they said we earnt too much to get it even tho we r under the limit for them

Unfortunately, stay at home mum's don't get much at all if their OH works. CTC and WTC and CB as mentioned above
Do you get any maternity pay?? MA??

xx

I do get housing benefit .. i get quite alot actually.. about £122 a week :) and nah cos i was made redundant just when i turned pregnant so i was on income support

if ur gettin those benifits already then count urself lucky seen as ur oh works and i very much doubt ud get anymore then u already are.

ur doing better then most people

Maybe.. me and my other half went to our local council office and just applied for it lol x

:shrug:Hmmm i am a single parent and full time nursing student and get less than £200 a month HB

no maybe about it i cant work cuz the area im in has no jobs what so ever and i cant get a penny. we dont get wtc and we get a very low amount of ctc n my oh only works 2 more hours then ur oh

all im sayin is ur very lucky to get the benifits u do so i very much doubt ule get anything else as u seem to get all the benifits possible anyway.

i no single mums who get less then u on benifits and u get money coming in from ur ohs job

Your OH works and you are getting that much in Housing benefit? That doesnt seem right knowing the benefits system as I do.

Just noticed he works full time and earns £800 a month, Id calculate that to be more £100 in Housing Benefit depending on your ocal authority LHA.

Edited again to add, are you still on income support though your OH works full time?

:shrug:Hmmm i am a single parent and full time nursing student and get less than £200 a month HB

I'm going to be a single parent and working part time when I go back...I've been told I'll be able to claim £25 a week!!! Thats pants ... better than nothing but I've heard of people getting so much more.

Apparently it depends on your area and the month in which you apply because the rates constantly change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->