What can I do differently this cycle ???

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
I know realisticly just keep going is the answer. We dtd everyday through and past ov this cycle (legs in the air afterwards) and af still arrived. I take pregnacare and epo up to ov (which I think really helps with my cm and makes dtd more enjoyable)

Is there anything else I can do or take ???

i think your doing good!!
we are thinking about shaking things up this cycle aswell so we are going with OPKs (again, havent used them in about 6 months) and pre-seed!

good luck hun!! xxx

Hi MrsDoddy, so know how you feel. Like cycle, we did everything right, were on hols during ovulation, so babydanced plenty but with great enjoyment, I took the right vitamins, used fertility aids etc.... yet something went wrong along the journey....

I strongly believe that the best thing we can do is try to relax mentally, ie. not make ttc the focus of our lives...the problem...near impossible to do :laugh2: I was so disappointed last cycle that I think I am getting there. I am starting to convince myself that the baby waiting for us will be a 'miracle baby', so on that basis, I am less expectant.... or so I convince myself because it is so much easier to think that way in the wake to ovulation, a totally different matter in the 2ww!!!

Good luck MrsDoddy, hope you have a lovely Christmas break and your bfp will come this cycle :hugs:

Fbaby - thats the thing. I am a control freak, I have to know when I ov (so have a CBFM) and cannot switch off about it all. I have re-set my CBFM for this month and have considered not using it at all - not sure I can let go though !!!

ha ha, same here! Taking it easy totally goes against my nature, I approached ttc like everything else in my life, with plenty of research and great planning! There is no doubt that the most important thing we can do to increase our chances is to bd at the right time, either timed or regular. But I strongly believe that the second best thing we can do is to relax, which is the part I fail on!

This cycle is my last one using the monitor I have decided. I was going to bin it (well not literally!) this cycle, but I have decided to try the soy tablets as I think my problem is my age and quality of eggs, and because it can affect ov, I thought it better to use it (and also, have just 20 sticks left, might as well use them). After that, that's it, I shall be taking the 'it will come when it is the right time' approach. At least that's the plan for now.....

MrsDoddy. Sounds like you are on the right track! You may well have caught the eggy this month but it just didn't implant so why change anything? I vow, if all my antics don't work this month I am doing nothing but temping next month. Good luck. x

ha ha, same here! Taking it easy totally goes against my nature, I approached ttc like everything else in my life, with plenty of research and great planning! There is no doubt that the most important thing we can do to increase our chances is to bd at the right time, either timed or regular. But I strongly believe that the second best thing we can do is to relax, which is the part I fail on!

This cycle is my last one using the monitor I have decided. I was going to bin it (well not literally!) this cycle, but I have decided to try the soy tablets as I think my problem is my age and quality of eggs, and because it can affect ov, I thought it better to use it (and also, have just 20 sticks left, might as well use them). After that, that's it, I shall be taking the 'it will come when it is the right time' approach. At least that's the plan for now.....

yeah I might do the same, think h would be happy with that too.

Hi, just a query... how old are you ? I'm 36 (almost 37) and wonder whether my age would have anything to do with having one (possibly 2) chemicals in the last 3 months ? xxx

notquitesure sorry about your chemicals. I am 39. There is no doubt that as you age, the quality and quantity of eggs decreases, but that doesn't mean you become infertile, just that it can take longer and you are more at risk of m/c. I wouldn't worry about it though, it can become more of a issue as you approach 40, and you still have many months and cycles before you get there! Good luck to you.

I have decided to try soy this cycle, but only so that I can add it to the long list of all I have tried!!! It can't hurt, so why not!

I think it can be hard for our OH to keep up with us, especially if they are not on the same scale of control as we are. My OH is much more a believer of fate and with his very limited understanding of gynaecology (and no point in going into too much details, it has the same effect on him than it has on me when he goes on about car performances), I am concerned each time the witch shows that he is going to say he doesn't want to ttc any longer just ntnp. I especially expected it last cycle as I know he had strong hope this time, but he just said with a smile that it had been fun (we did bd twice as much as normal!) and we'll just have to do it again in 2 weeks time. He certainly made cd1 better to handle with those words!

CD1 sucks ! :(

I'm with you on OH issues, I drove mine carzy last month with 'oh, look at my belly, ouch my boobs hurt, I have a pain in my ovary' etc. etc. so this month, we'll BD as much as possible and I will say NOTHING about any symptoms I may or may not have lol So, I suppose you could say we're NTNP (though I secretly am !).

My work situation is changing as of Monday so I hope that will take my mind of things this month, plus Christmas !

Good luck and FX for your BFP xxxxxx

Have you tried Omega 3,6,9 (2 for £4 in Asda) for you and hubby? I always take it anyways but started feeding it to DF along with his Father-To-Be pills. Is you DH doing anything different? Also my Dr said bding every other day should be enough. Although my colleague reckons everyday for 10 days after AF so :shrug:

Just wanted to jump in because I was glad to see others my age (I'm 37, ttc #1). Not taking anything other than basic supplements, designed not even as a prenatal but for hormone regulation (woman2woman.com, recommended by a friend my age who got preggers). G'fruit juice works for me, but I still only really get one day of EWCM. Thinking of opks -- haven't done that yet.

OH doesn't help, asking always "are you preggers yet?" As if I had a choice!:dohh:

Just wanted to jump in because I was glad to see others my age (I'm 37, ttc #1). Not taking anything other than basic supplements, designed not even as a prenatal but for hormone regulation (woman2woman.com, recommended by a friend my age who got preggers). G'fruit juice works for me, but I still only really get one day of EWCM. Thinking of opks -- haven't done that yet.

OH doesn't help, asking always "are you preggers yet?" As if I had a choice!:dohh:

MEN !!!!!!!! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->