what Christmassy Thing Have You Done Today?

We went out this morning and got all the bits needed for the hamster, then this afternoon went and picked one...he's very cute. DD1 named him Humphrey after a book she has been reading :)
We liked the Humphrey books, I only hope your hamster is a bit less inquisitive!

Aw how sweet. We had a dog called Humphrey when I was very small but named after Humphrey Bogart

Aww lovely @c1403

Anyone ever had a Guinea pig ? DD1 fell in love with them when we went the farm to see Santa ! Was toying with the idea of getting her one for her birthday !

I did when I was younger but I wasn't too keen to be honest. They are often active at night and made such a racket! They are cute but quite smelly if you don't clean out their cage every couple of days. So that will be your job then :haha:

We had Christmas honey roast ham, roasted potatoes, red cabbage and brussel sprouts with bacon. It was so so delish! We had originally planned to have that on Christmas Eve.

We had one, probably about 10/11 years ago now. He was quite sweet.

We've never had guineas as they usually go in the garden and my cat would terrorise it. (hamster is upstairs with doors closed)

A friend has them though and they live much longer than hamsters etc. Hers are quite tame too. I'd be cautious about foxes and local cats though x

We're down for heavy snow from 9a.m. tomorrow so hoping to finish up with a snowball fight and tobogganing! Dd wants to catch snowflakes on her tongue.

Oh that sounds perfect! I hope you all get to enjoy some lovely snow :)

A couple of my friends were big Guinea pig fans, they always kept them in pairs and indoors - normally in the living room as they are nocturnal and can be a bit noisy. I had considered getting a pair a few years ago but my niece is allergic to rabbits fur and I didn't want to need to get rid of them if she reacted badly.

woke up to snow here. The kids will be excited when they wake up.

We have woke up to snow !!! Unexpectedly ! This has made my Christmas for the girls especially !

out to play in it before it turns to slush ! :xmas8:

The kids were so excited. I've never seen James so excited in his life. They're playing in it now

Thanks Ladies regarding the guinea pig !! We was going to keep it inside didn’t realise they need to be outside!

There are a few cats in my area which was why we was going to keep it inside ! Unless we get a good cage for outside and make it secure so other animals couldn’t get it !

Going to look into it more before making a final decision ! Got a few weeks before her birthday .

Thanks Ladies regarding the guinea pig !! We was going to keep it inside didn’t realise they need to be outside!

There are a few cats in my area which was why we was going to keep it inside ! Unless we get a good cage for outside and make it secure so other animals couldn’t get it !

Going to look into it more before making a final decision ! Got a few weeks before her birthday .
I've only ever seen them kept inside (I'm in Scotland) I suppose you could make a wee run in the garden for them to have outside time, but both of my friends kept them indoors all year round.

Ours were inside too but on nice days we put a cage outside (in the shade) so they could graze. :)

How wonderful you got snow! I bet the kids love it <3

Awww so jealous you have snow.

Today we area putting away the tree and decs :-(

No snow for us! We found some icy puddles to stamp in instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->