what Christmassy Thing Have You Done Today?

Yes, thank you, Jimi went back to school Thursday, Zac seems fully recovered now. John is out of isolation tomorrow, though he still feels like he has a cold, he doesn't have a temperature so is good to go. Seth has been a bit under the weather the past few days but hoping that's the excitement

Yes, thank you, Jimi went back to school Thursday, Zac seems fully recovered now. John is out of isolation tomorrow, though he still feels like he has a cold, he doesn't have a temperature so is good to go. Seth has been a bit under the weather the past few days but hoping that's the excitement

Oh no. Hope everyone's on the mend soon x

Spent the day decorating gingerbread and sugar cookies we made yeaterday. It was fun and the kids are getting quite creative and artistic (see our superhero gingerbread men?)

20211218_141523.jpg 20211218_141529.jpg

We all went in to town today for the teens and Ds to do their shopping, it was a nice day, now that they are older it's far more relaxed and enjoyable for me. Ds has said he didn't get for everyone he wanted to so we'll do a tkmax outing one evening. A few people in his class have had positives yesterday, as we were away at the start of the week I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's not been around them, I think I'm going to call it quits now and start their Christmas breaks rather than sending them in on Monday.

Thanks @AngelUK
@NDH they look nice.
@Rags fingers crossed he wasn't around during those kids. How lovely that you can take them shopping and have a nice day out now. DS1 still complains like a small child (my legs hurt, my back hurts, how much longer? is this the last shop?) :haha:

Bought some presents for MIL and for our old nextdoor neighbours

We are having a real lazy Sunday. Dh last day at work so the girls are creating havoc and I'm watching Christmas shows etc between tidying up after them :xmas13:

Yesterday we saw Santa and did a Christmas lights walk through. Today the kids and I wrapped daddy's presents.

Dh went and bought all the Christmas drinks. I will point out most of them were fizzy/pop type drinks but we rarely have that sort of thing so it makes it special.
I've made a list of all the food left to get. And I bought bought few party food bits.
This evening I played a board game with the big 3, which in itself isn't Christmassy but we always play board games at Christmas and New Years so that made it feel like Christmas

So this morning we nipped to Asda and got 90% of the food. Few bits we couldn't find, and our meat is pre-order, so that's coming on the 23rd, hopefully with the rest of the bits I couldn't get today.
We were in and out again but 8:36am!
Came home and DH wrote out Christmas cards to his family as I said I simply don't have time. I sorted out all the things we needed to take with us and we went round to MILs for an hour or so. We wore Christmas jumpers and took cake. Dh took some of the boys up to visit FILs grave.
When we came home I spent most of the afternoon wrapping.
This evening I'm doing a zoom call with the girls and opening our secret Santa's.
I'm feeling less panicked. Everything we havent got now isn't an essential if it's substituted, except the meat but that shouldn't get subbed as it was a pre-order type deal to secure it. I only have a handful of presents left to wrap, and then build a wooden play kitchen on Christmas eve. I should be able to get that finished tomorrow. Any cards I haven't done now wont be done as its too late to post now. I'll probably put something on Facebook about if you usually get a card from us and haven't this year I apologise but it's been madness. 3 of us have had covid as well so doubt people would want our cards anyway :haha:
I feel like I'm now able to say bring on the big day.

Knew you'd get it done mother of boys.
We watched home alone and played a few board games.
Asda order came and only a few substitutes. All we need now is our fresh veg and we're sorted
At work tomorrow and then hopefully home to relax (whilst trying to sort out my car) so many places can't fit us in before 31st :(

I did the xmas food shop today and it was not half as busy as I thought it would be.
This evening we watched Home Alone 2.

022BBD7F-40C9-4E00-A381-D4883EF6B66E.jpeg 26BE904D-44CE-4F91-97A7-64117B321D6B.jpeg D778BA17-6B2D-497C-8F5F-BC3F199B9054.jpeg

We went for afternoon tea with “singing Santa” and it was so lovely!
Santa went around to all tables and spoke with the children, then sang us a selection of festive songs and all guests joined in. The afternoon tea was so yummy and the boys both got a gift.

Food shop done apart from a bit of meat and smoked salmon (I'm veggie so if it's not got I won't notice personally, but the girls would be disappointed). I'm working tomorrow so will stop in to Waitrose on my way home and hopefully get it.
Started wrapping tonight, i needed to get the work gifts done as tomorrow is my last day, and Ds was desperate to help, so I looked out a couple of the gifts he saw me buy for the girls and his friend and left him to it, he did a good job. I usually wrap everything on Christmas eve but it was madness last year as the teenagers were all excited to be involved in the santa set up and I kept having to chase them out of the room when I came across something of theirs, this year I'm hoping to be able to sit back with a glass of something nice and let them fuss over their own wrapping.

Knew you'd get it done mother of boys.
We watched home alone and played a few board games.
Asda order came and only a few substitutes. All we need now is our fresh veg and we're sorted
At work tomorrow and then hopefully home to relax (whilst trying to sort out my car) so many places can't fit us in before 31st :(
Thanks. I was worried I'd be trying to do it all Christmas eve.
That's rubbish about the car, I hope you find somewhere that can take it before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->