what Christmassy Thing Have You Done Today?

I bought a sandwich from co op called 'boxing day lunch'. Ham turkey coleslaw with spiced chutney.
Was quite nice but prefer brie and cranberry.

Co op had some cute decorate your own reindeer cookies etc. Must get some soon so the elves can bring them :)

I bought a sandwich from co op called 'boxing day lunch'. Ham turkey coleslaw with spiced chutney.
Was quite nice but prefer brie and cranberry.

Co op had some cute decorate your own reindeer cookies etc. Must get some soon so the elves can bring them :)
Coop have some fab Christmas sweet treats the shortbread stars are so nice, too nice haha!
And the gingerbread flapjacks.

Yes I keep forgetting our SS.
I haven't got much of an idea yet....I'll need to get thinking :)

It was stressful. Shouting at each other I'm asking for that etc etc. They both ended up with some different ideas though. X

Least they needed up with some different ideas ! DD1 does not want the same as DD2 this year . Usually I buy two of everything but they are into different think . Some I had bought 2 of just like stocking fillers !

I had Christmas music on this morning until my son begged me to turn it off :lol:

You ladies are always posting about mince pies and gave me cravings and I had to order them lol. Haven't had mince meat pie in so long though, my grandma always made it when I was a child. Do any of you make it yourself and have an easy recipe? I know it takes a long time

I had Christmas music on this morning until my son begged me to turn it off :lol:

You ladies are always posting about mince pies and gave me cravings and I had to order them lol. Haven't had mince meat pie in so long though, my grandma always made it when I was a child. Do any of you make it yourself and have an easy recipe? I know it takes a long time
I haven't made them the past couple of years but when I did they didn't take that long. I soaked the dry fruit in cold mulled wine overnight, the ready made variety you pick up at the shops (I was told cold tea is usual, but I like it in the wine) I made a Jamie Oliver sweet short crust pastry ( Shortcrust pastry recipe | Jamie Oliver recipes )lined the tart tins and blind baked, added the moist fruit, put on the top and back in the oven, when they are out sprinkle on some icing sugar, delicious.

I haven't made them the past couple of years but when I did they didn't take that long. I soaked the dry fruit in cold mulled wine overnight, the ready made variety you pick up at the shops (I was told cold tea is usual, but I like it in the wine) I made a Jamie Oliver sweet short crust pastry ( Shortcrust pastry recipe | Jamie Oliver recipes )lined the tart tins and blind baked, added the moist fruit, put on the top and back in the oven, when they are out sprinkle on some icing sugar, delicious.
Thank you

Thats lovely. I can't remember the last time I had one either. I've bought myself a wax melt one this year

I have been keeping it in my bedroom out the way and keep forgetting its there and going in and wondering why my bedroom smells so nice :haha:

Been organising the 1 December and Christmas eve boxes so far they are looking like this . Still need a Christmas pop figure for DD2 and something for DS , crafts for all three and slippers socks for DD1. Will pick other stuff up too as I see them .

Christmas Eve Box
Snowmen and Candy cane for DDs
Slippers for DDs
Reindeer food
Still need slippers for DS and pjs for them all
Snacks / sweets
Anything else I pick up too !

9C22EE31-BEF1-46D6-B9AA-1F105FD5A101.jpeg D29DE211-800D-43DA-92E7-470E3C3C66D8.jpeg

This is costing more money than anything else but they will love it and that’s all what matters to me !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"