What did you do for LOs first birthday?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I'm really undecided now!

Thought about inviting some of the family for a quick to do only the kids are older 14 17 & 2 primary school POSS my baby sister (6).

Here the deal Caitlins birthday is on a school day - I don't want ONE TODAY on the weekend before or after so I asked Aunt if cousin whos in school could be off and cousin if her two kids could be off ...aunt ok but cousin I don't think seemed to keen.

Half wondering if it will be a waste of £ and time for all tbh don't want people round long.

What did you do on your LOs first birthday & whatever you did would you have changed the plans if you could have done it again ...didn't do enough did too much, etc?!

Half thinking to have me Daddy & Moo takeher somewhere for the day and tell ppl they can call in for an hour after school times ...I'll get some cake they can share that in a little goodie bag. Is that naff though :blush:

Sorry if I rambled!

just do something with Stu and Caitlyn.. maybe go out for the day and have visitors after school hours :)

thats what i would do

we just went to Colins parents and put out some party food. it was during the day so we just had adults there (fil,mil,aunts and uncles etc who happened to be off work)

we didnt do anything special, it was a normal day, Ewan went to toddlers and then we poped and saw grandparents and that was it,

We had a tea party for Jack started at 2pm,loads of friends and family turned up, we had lots of food and music,balloons, toys out... it was summer so we set out loads of tables and chairs in back garden and toys and things for the kids, people were coming and going from the house and garden, people did not leave untill 11pm! it turned out to be THE best day ever and we still talk about it now! we passed the camcorder around most of the day so we still enjoy looking at it lol, glad we made a special day for his 1st birthday would not change a thing. sure catlins birthday will be special whatever u decide to do x

Make it her day, take her to an indoor soft play area or something, feed the ducks, go see some animals or something.

I'd then have the kids over for an hour after school, cake, party bags, pics then send them on their way:happydance:

Both times I've done what you said and had a party for family and friends, lots of time, effort and not all that much appreciation to be honest.
We also took Lauren to Chester Zoo the next day.

It's Toby's 1st birthday next month and I will make him a nice cake and maybe have a tea party for him with my other kids. On his actual birthday we're going to take him to a nearby petting farm as he loves the animals and gets soooooooo excited:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

We've not long moved here so we don't really know many with kids theres my cousins 2 are school age and yer would enjoy a party - my sister who I'm not sure could get here and I don't frive to go collect her other than that know a couple of girls I met from here but I'd go all blazing if I thought it would be worth it I just feel maybe its not tbh and won't be something apprieciated by others like you mentioned hevz (from my family).

Ill have to see if theres anything around I could do with her and invite them over at maybe 4-5 for party foods and cake then.

For carlys first we (me and OH) went to a sea life center ( she absolutly loved it) watching the different fish and sharks ect.
After that we arranged with my mum and partner , and OH's mum to meet us at dinnertime for some food (this is where Carly had her first meal from the menu)
Then we went back to my mums for cake and pictures and present opening :)

sea life center
Oooo! I like that idea theres seomthing like that around here I think if not near Chester.

Like the first meal froma menu idea haha what kind of place did you go to for food? Me I'd prob take her to pizza/pasta (lol) :confused: hut as her first treat coz I'm bad lol

Thanks x

She will love it ill be taking ella to it for her first aswell , carly was so memorised by it all!

We only went to weatherspoons as we dont have any other places that do childrens meals around here.

Pizza hut sounds great ! and im sure they could chuck some ballons up if you ask :)

I think theres a family pub about somewhere (wacky warehouse) actually!

https://www.wackywarehouse.co.uk/

The on in stoke was nice and mmm food ...nice tip thanks Kay x

Ah no theres not that was when I was in Wrexham but must be something like!

theres a soft play called jelly beans by st asaph its in a place called the talardy pub (closer to u then wacky warehouse) that is a pub n soft play. rhys liked it from when he was 1ish.

and theres a sealife centre on rhyl seafront

For Colton's birthday we are just decorating at my mothers and inviting over mine and OH's family members. It's his first birthday, and besides pictures he will never remember so I'm not going to invite all kinds of people.
Actually, we will probably just have family until he starts school. Then we will be inviting over his friends that he wants to come. :D

My niece just had her first birthday:

On the day, my brother in law and his fiancee took her to the local aquarium which she loved (loved going in the 'underwater' bit)

At the weekend, invited relatives round at 12pm, then a few of her friends round at 2pm for a mini party in the garden.

i didnt do much for brendans 1st birthday, bought him some presents, a birthday cake, and had one friend round with her daughter who was 2 years older than brendan lol, that was it really, i dont think id change it cos it was still special to me, this year im not doing much either, he doesnt have any little friends or anything, so iv bought him an in the night garden cake, balloons, a banner, lots of presents, and my family will prob come round to see him but thats it really!

If I drove I'd go over there - hour in car but we don't.

ANYWAY

Thank you!! After speaking to Stu we're gonna do just that ...go somewhere just us & Moo go for a meal invite people over for a little party food, cake & the kids a goodie bag that means nobody needs to stay off school and I won't go OTT and stress out sorting it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->