what do I need?

jellybean87

mum to 1 and expecting
Reaction score
I am getting ready to start traditional weaning with dd.

What do I need? I can remember hardly anything from dd1:dohh: So any advice on how to start and equipment etc is appreciated.

I just started off with some tommee tippee spoons. You can get some extra soft, flexible ones but to be honest, my LO ate from the hard plastic ones no problem. I guess you could buy some plastic bowls but, normal bowls would be fine. Plastic ones are good if you are going out. I bought some stage 1 weaning pots from Tesco. Really cheap. Loads of these on Amazon but normal little Tupperware pots are just as good, I just liked being able to get the right portion size. I also have a hand blender and i steamed/boiled or roasted vegetables and blitzed them, with a bit of boiled water sometimes just to get the right texture. I know some people then push the purée through a sieve to get it extra smooth but that seemed like too much faffing to me! The blender is good as when they start to manage more textured/ lumpy food, you just whizz it in the blender for less time! Now that he's older, he has finger foods too but, depending on what we are eating, I now put a bit of our food in the blender. It's much easier now he's eating meat aswell as I tend to make just one meal and have enough for his dinner plus a bit extra to freeze (I use bigger pastic pots for this now).

Oh, I guess bibs are good too! My LO hates the plastic wipeable ones though so I feel like I'm forever washing bibs! Oh, get some stain remover too. I've never had to soak so many items of clothes in my life! He is a messy eater though!

That's all I can think of! I know the modern way is to do BLW but we found traditional weaning more our cup of tea! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->