what do you do with your kids "art" work??

nikkip75

Reaction score
So since daisy started pre-school she has been bringing a lot of her art work home. And most of it has been put up in the kitchen or hallway for a few weeks until more comes home then i will rotate and put the older ones away in a box. But the box is getting pretty full now shes in reception!

And its not just paintings/drawings now its huge structures made out of cereal boxes with kitchen roll inner tubes sticking out of them. Todays was a jaffa cake box with a plastic milk bottle top stuck to it. Its sitting on the shelf in my bedroom with all the other non-descript model thingys.

What am i supposed to do with them all? i cant possibly keep them but i feel so bad throwing them away! I make sure when she comes runnnig out with them from school i tell her how much i love it and how shes so clever and its wonderful blah blah blah. Even her teacher apologised today lol

i kept most of my 14 years stuff when she was little so ive got all that then i will have daisys then i will have edens when she starts school! my house is going to be overun with cardboard junk models!!:dohh:

My son's an artwork addict - will spend ages drawing at home and it's a rarity that he doesn't bring home something from nursery. I have to say I'm fairly brutal with it though or we wouldn't be able to move for it all! The 'good' ones get put up on show - either on the kitchen wall, on the fridge or on the wall in the cupboard under the stairs and this gets rotated as we run out of room. Anything particularly exceptional or if he does something new (like when he starts adding a new body part on his stick men), gets dated and kept.

Everything, no matter what it is, gets praised and he's proud of the ones on the wall but when it comes to throwing stuff away I don't do it secretly but I also don't make a big deal about it. It's just something that happens - I'm sure he's aware of it but it's not made a big deal of and so he's never seemed bothered by it :)

I have 4 kids, believe me - you can't possibly keep everthing your little one makes! Keep the most special & secretly dispose of the rest, they will never know... FYI - those cereal box masterpieces? I work in a pre-school, the kids love making them, but really we send them home with those huge junk sculptures to hack the parents off!!! It's funny seeing their faces 'that's lovely darling (where the hell am I gonna put it?!?!)'
We all go through it, don't be scared to bin stuff, or you will be overrun by cardboard!!!

I have heard of some parents scanning and taking photos of art work, models etc and then storing the photos on cd. They then keep any extra special art work like mothers day cards, really good ones etc.

I have 4 kids, believe me - you can't possibly keep everthing your little one makes! Keep the most special & secretly dispose of the rest, they will never know... FYI - those cereal box masterpieces? I work in a pre-school, the kids love making them, but really we send them home with those huge junk sculptures to hack the parents off!!! It's funny seeing their faces 'that's lovely darling (where the hell am I gonna put it?!?!)' We all go through it, don't be scared to bin stuff, or you will be overrun by cardboard!!!

:rofl: i knew it :haha:

I have heard of some parents scanning and taking photos of art work, models etc and then storing the photos on cd. They then keep any extra special art work like mothers day cards, really good ones etc.

Whilst i do have alot of stuff in the loft i do photograph and scan 90% of it then bin it:shhh:.. computer files are easier to store and with 5 of them i cant keep it all lol xx

I have a loft full of this stuff :rofl:

The plan was that when the children grew up and left home I would hand it all over to them :haha: However the 2 oldest have left and, for some inexplicable reason, I still have it all :dohh::dohh:

I dont keep the cereal box models but I keep paintings. I have a rail like this in the pic to hang them on. I put old ones in a box in the loft. I keep MOST but not everything.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_54q8GUgR43w/SXWo_zyO3zI/AAAAAAAAAEs/qek-B_gPx54/s1600-h/artwall1.JPG

I havent had any 'sculptures' home yet.

I have his first proper drawings of people on my fridge and a scrap book of the good stuff :)

My mum found the scrap books she made of me and my sisters art work a while ago it was lovely looking through it all and was so nice that she had kept it :)

I dont keep the cereal box models but I keep paintings. I have a rail like this in the pic to hang them on. I put old ones in a box in the loft. I keep MOST but not everything.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_54q8GUgR43w/SXWo_zyO3zI/AAAAAAAAAEs/qek-B_gPx54/s1600-h/artwall1.JPG

Ooh that rails great, wheres that from?

Honestly, our Grandma has kept all of my OH's artwork and gave it back to him, and he really doesn't want it :rofl: We now have Helena's artwork.

I usually keep one on the fridge, I framed her first drawing. Sometimes I mail them to grandparents. Usually I chuck them in the garbage once a new one comes along. Right now we have Halloween crafts up that she made, and once its time for Christmas ones, I will probably just throw them out, because I am paranoid of becoming a hoarder :lol:

I sound like a mean mommy.

I do take digital pics though :)

Oh those sculptures :rolleyes: They drive me insane.
We keep it on display for a couple of days and then we take it apart and take it back to school so other children can make something of it. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->