what double pushchairs will people be buying or can you recommend

kalia1988

Reaction score
Hi I have got to buy a double pushchair my little boy will be 22 months when this baby arrives, I need one which converts into a single and can easily get on and of buses, I like the bugaboo but doubt it will get on buses ok really confused on what to get :(

Just wondering what other people have got or are getting?

We've gone for the baby jogger city select. I definitely wanted a tandem rather than a side by side double and this was the best one for us in our budget. I got it secondhand from a pramaholic friend (it's seriously as new, not a mark on it, as she only used it for a month if that!) for £500 with carseat adaptors, 2 seat units, carrycot kit, snack trays and raincovers. I did like the iCandy but it's a lot more than we wanted to spend.

I love the donkey I've got the money ready but I'm worried about how wide it is going to look at the peach 3 next week in mothercare love the new 2016 collection butterscotch is beautiful

I have the peach. We bought it as a single for DS1, then upgraded to a double for DS2. Back to a single at the moment, but will be using the double kit again when this one arrives.

When you have the carrycot underneath and the toddler up front, it looks like a big pram, but is surprisingly easy to push and manoeuvre.

A friend of mine had the donkey for her twins and had to get a friend to look after the twins when you had a doctors appointment, because the pram wouldn't fit through the surgery door! Now that they're both toddlers, she's switched to the baby jogger city mini double which she prefers for being narrower.

Depends where you are. North America, Europe or Australia. All different brands.

I have the peach double and hate it. Will be going back to a quinny buzz when new one arrives. The peach looks nice but that's about it.

I have the maclaren double stroller. It's awesome. My boys are also 22 months apart. I must say I only started using it when #2 was already 1.5 years old though. It doesn't recline fully, but is great for simultaneous naps. The front-and-back one is too cramped for the kid sitting at the back when the front one is reclined down.

Where I live it's a seaside town we can't have side by sides as the footpaths are too small. So I was also wondering this as it would have to be a tandem. We have a mortgage and other outgoings so I can't justify spending £1,500-£2,000 on a pushchair. I did see the Britax bdual but they've been discontinued :shrug: not a good sign really I like the I candy but they look to bulky.. And I can't have a donkey duo as its side by side :cry:lol Help!??

My mum looks after my kids one day a week and, although I've said she can borrow our pram when she had them and DS2 will be over 3 by the time she's looking after #3, she's decided to get herself a double pram to use. She's got the phil and teds dot, which was £400 including double kit. I used it recently to take on holiday and it was great for 2 toddlers (feels much smaller as a double than the peach) but I've yet to find out what it's like with a newborn and toddler. A few of my friends used phil and teds when they had a newborn and approximately 2 year old and they generally seemed to find them fine at first (even if it is a bit odd that the newborn is hidden away underneath the toddler seat) but found that the baby outgrew the lie flat position before the 6 month point. I'm looking forward to at least giving it a go with baby and toddler when I go out with my parents and could be an option for someone wanting a tandem on a bit more of a budget.

Well we went for the icandy peach 3 blossom it was delivered this week :) much happier knowing I can fit easily round shops I saw a lady struggling with the donkey and it totally put me off glad we changed our minds ! My peach is all in boxes at mums ready lol

With my second and third baby we had the City Select. We chose it mainly for its seat size and the room between the two seats. I have large children. The I candies and oyster Mac were just too teeny in the seat for us. My son was too fat for the bugaboo at 13 months. lol. I was fine on a bus with it as a single but I wouldn't contemplate getting on one in double mode. Trains not a problem.

When this one arrives in going to get the bugaboo donkey because my third child is a midget in comparison to my oldest two:)

Another awesome pushchair is the uppa baby vista double.x

i think we've settled on the city select! we live a city where the sidewalks are pretty narrow, and we walk everywhere, so a side by side double just wouldn't work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->