What ever happened to 12 weeks

Brunette_21

Pregnant 1st trimester
Reaction score
What ever happened to waiting till after 12 weeks to tell friends and friends of the family I'm 4 weeks pregnant and my in laws have told everyone :dohh: xx

That is really rude of them. It's not their job to tell people :(

It's really wrong for them to do that. Not only are you trying to wait to be more in the safe zone, it's your news to share, not theirs. My MIL did this to me my last pregnancy. The day after I specifically told her not to tell ANYONE, she put it on Facebook! I was livid and she was on my list for quite sometime.

My MIL did that with my first born...and so this time we decided not to tell her. She was on my list, still is for other reasons...
She will prob find out when she sees my growing belly because I don't plan on telling her at all. She'll figure it out.

Oh I'd be furious!! We told my in laws not to tell anyone and to be fair, they didn't for a long time but at about 5 months along, they started telling their relatives without any warning or asking us. Not as bad as 4 weeks along but I know how it feels to have the announcement taken out of your control.

I'm sorry. My mum does the same thing, telling everyone she talks to as soon as she suspects I'm pregnant (which is before I get my BFP!). I can't stand it, and I ask her not to, but she doesn't care. So annoying that I can't even announce my own pregnancies. I know just how you feel.

My dad did this with my last pregnancy. Posted it on Facebook. I don't have an account, so I didn't even know right away. Well, joke's on him because it was a mmc, so he had to do the untelling.

He doesn't know about this one yet, and he won't for a while!

My mom did this, too. She told EVERYONE. So annoying.

Last time we told everyone at around 8 weeks via facebook. We were excited first time parents and I never understood the waiting thing. Now with this pregnancy, I will be 8 weeks on Monday and the big difference here is that I have since suffered 3 losses between my son and this one. I will be waiting until 11 weeks to tell the rest of our family because we are announcing it at our son's birthday party (it is the only time all of our family will be together). And I would much rather tell a whole group at once instead of individual people over the phone.

My parents, my older sister, my husband's parents and his only sister are the only ones that know this time around so far. My mom's been messaging me on facebook today asking when I plan to tell everyone... I know she is excited to post something on facebook but I am starting to think telling her was a bad idea lol!

Yeh its driving me nuts I get that they are excited but we are still receiving congrats for getting married 3 weeks ago and so far there is not one member of my husbands family that doesn't know and some of them were told by his sister who wasn't even happy for us. Just feel angry and will be fuming if they have jinxed it xx

Don't worry. There's no jinxing it, whatever is gonna happen is gonna happen. I guess this is just how we learn who we can and can't trust to keep our secrets, right???

With our son my MIL posted on FB before we pulled out of the driveway .... We hadn't even told my side of the family yet
She also announced we were in the hospital being induced hours after we got there and I didn't want it public until after he was born

Talk about FUMING

Ugh Powell! I know how you feel. We specifically didn't tell MIL we were in the hospital for induction until after DD was born because I knew she couldn't be trusted. We're planning on telling her about this pregnancy next week on her birthday, but it will come with a stern warning about me cutting her if she opens her mouth. I refused to speak to her for over a month last time, so hopefully she learned her lesson. One never can tell with these types though :wacko:

I don't blame you! We'll probably do the same this time around!

This time we're not telling them til we make a trip home in October for my birthday. Being two states away now, I can hide it from her pretty easy lol

Aww I'm sorry they did that. Sometimes they are just too excited but it's no excuse. When we told my mil about my 3rd all she said was congrats. We had a falling out a while back and we tried mending the relationship but she hasn't even met DS3 who is 15 months now. Hubby told her to stay away for good when i was 38 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->