What gift items do you not recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
For kids or adults?

I know every year I think, boy, this will be a hit of a gift and it's not.

So perhaps we can help someone save money by not buying this item.

i love pajamas... but some ppl don't. my family have told me they don't like getting those bath gift sets... I, myself, love them

Yer many ppl think pjs etc are zzzzzzz but I'm a fan apart from when Aunt buys me tacky nightys ya know like those big wooly kind :lol:

Bath stuff I love but theres certain stuff I say stay clear of and have made the mistake myself of buying others and thats stuff like chocolate bubble bath - although for kids they loveeeeee

Wine & other alchohol drinks unless you know what they like its a bad move!

Sweets & chocolate one of those unless you know their fav don't go there lots of people say ooo I love chocolate but theres MANY they don't (if you get me).

Picture frames - Im fussy so maybe thats me!

Jewlerry for adults ...again depends! I mean once year my Aunt bought me a NEXT watch *lovely* and my Dads gf bought me some tacky watch *yak*

Any use? Can only answer on my own dislikes and something to think about - is that what your after?

Bath sets that obviously came from the pound shop :lol: not only they look tacky but alot of people dont realise half the stuff i cant use because of my skin.

Gosh, I hate those cheap bath sets that they sell in large volume to make a buck. So agree with you there AG!

I also never get my kids anything from the dollar store...cheap and nasty and last a few hours.

Yer many ppl think pjs etc are zzzzzzz but I'm a fan apart from when Aunt buys me tacky nightys ya know like those big wooly kind :lol:

Bath stuff I love but theres certain stuff I say stay clear of and have made the mistake myself of buying others and thats stuff like chocolate bubble bath - although for kids they loveeeeee

Wine & other alchohol drinks unless you know what they like its a bad move!

Sweets & chocolate one of those unless you know their fav don't go there lots of people say ooo I love chocolate but theres MANY they don't (if you get me).

Picture frames - Im fussy so maybe thats me!

Jewlerry for adults ...again depends! I mean once year my Aunt bought me a NEXT watch *lovely* and my Dads gf bought me some tacky watch *yak*

Any use? Can only answer on my own dislikes and something to think about - is that what your after?

Anything goes here :) Even if someone can mention a brand name gift that was an absolute bad gift.

i agree with the chocolate thing...
i got godiva once, and i don't like expensive chocolate... lol.
i like cheap stuff.. so i didn't even eat it!

Shit wonder if pound land do refunds ;) :lol:

For me probabaly teddies. I happen to LOVE Eeyore and for every xmas/birthday for a number of years I have recieved scores of Eeyore teddies. Now they have a happy hope in Jessicas nursery, but before they sat on shelves in my bedroom gathering dust, then being slung in the washing machine, taken out and back to gather dust again. So for an adult teddies didn't really cut it with me but they're great for Jess. Maybe it's just that I had lots tho...

i dont like boxes of chocolates.. the swiss kind? theyre shaped like seashells? bleugh! and jewellery that isnt from a proper shop and isnt silver or gold (the kind that makes your ears green!)

Ugh, Guylian?? I HATE them!!

Anyway, suppose it depends on the person.. but I have to agree with cheap pamper stuff (bath stuff etc), as the cheap stuff usually smells bad. You have to be careful with any smellies because tastes vary so much, I only buy if im sure they like a certain smell.
Cheap make up
Socks - the total "i didn't know what else to get you" present.
Chocolate - again you need to know what people like, me for example.. only like Cadburys really (Mars a bit), so if people buy me Thorntons, im screwed!
Personal things - eg as Wobbles said, frames, underwear, clothing - if they don't know you well, they can get it SO wrong.

I hate getting books. It's not that I don't read, but I only read certain books and they either give me shit books or i've already got or read it.
And def cheap bath stuff sucks!

FRUITCAKE!!
around here everyone laughs that you buy fruitcake for people you either don't like, or you've left too late and had no idea what to get, and there was nothing left to choose!!!

pants, socks pj for men

I hate having PJ's that have teddies on them

I used to get pjs that matched me, OH and my babies. But I've eventually chucked them out as a grown woman wearing pjs with teddy bears all over is not sexy.

I used to get pjs that matched me, OH and my babies. But I've eventually chucked them out as a grown woman wearing pjs with teddy bears all over is not sexy.

:rofl:No I agree! mine go straight back the shop for an exchange as I always get them for xams

I agree Leanne lol. I had nighties with an angel on, an owl and some other random thing.. made me feel like a proper mummy, but not a woman. Not a good look!! In fact, I must throw the owl ones out asap and hope I don't get more for xmas!

I agree Leanne lol. I had nighties with an angel on, an owl and some other random thing.. made me feel like a proper mummy, but not a woman. Not a good look!! In fact, I must throw the owl ones out asap and hope I don't get more for xmas!

:rofl::rofl:

Don't understand why people think that a grown woman would want pjs like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"