What Happens after Maternity Pay ends?

jojo85

Reaction score
I am just wondering if anybody knew what benefits you are entitled to after your maternity pay ends? I know you get the 52 weeks paid but i want to take the full 12 months off and have been told that the last 3 months of maternity you are paid nothing which makes me wonder how do we live? :wacko:

I'm at this point right now - dipping into savings and remainder of holiday pay

Wth savings you have, cutting back on what you spend to cover you not getting any wages.

SMP and Maternity allowance (and even a lot of 'enhanced' packages) only pay out for 39 weeks so after this you have to manage on what you have or go back to work.

In the 6 weeks I get 90% pay I'll be saving everything above SMP levels (around £585 a month) and then using this to pay myself SMP for the last 3 months.

Savings. Unfortunately we cannot afford for me to be off so I have to go back to work after the 9 months. xx

after my smp finished i phoned the tax credits they increased my child tax credits by £20 a week and for 4 weeks i got working tax. after the working tax i put in for income support and was just awarded it (got it back dated to when my wtax stopped) i was hell bent on taking the year off 2.
give the advice works a call there very good at helping u sort out all ur money

good luck xx

As the other girls have said, unless you have planned ahead and saved then most people have to go back to work when the SMP finishes. If your not yet on maternity leave start saving all you can now!

after my smp finished i phoned the tax credits they increased my child tax credits by £20 a week and for 4 weeks i got working tax. after the working tax i put in for income support and was just awarded it (got it back dated to when my wtax stopped) i was hell bent on taking the year off 2.

good luck xx

I never knew they did this!! Lol. I doubt we could get anything like this due to hubby working and he earns 16k

xx

good luck xx

Hiya

Whats the advice works?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14