What happens if..

L

Laura--x

You start to give lo food when theyre not really ready for it?

Will it cause problems or will they let you know they arn't ready?

How old was your lo when you started weaning?

x

If you start out and it doesn't go well it's fine to take a break from it for a bit until you think they're "more ready" or try again a couple weeks later.

"Readiness" is somewhat opinion based... some people think babies are not ready before 6 months, some people think there are set signs of readiness, some people think they're ready when they're taking x amount of formula per day... really I think it's something you have to decide for yourself :)

We started at 4.5 months, we took a break after the first try for a few days, but the 2nd try at it went really, really well - and we haven't taken any breaks, minus yesterday & today.. it's sooooo hot here, I know I don't want to eat very much in the hot weather, so I figure she's the same, and formula/BM intake is much more important than their solids at this age :)

We tried to wean Thomas just before 6 months but he just was not interested one little bit! Finally when he was 8 months old he suddenly showed an interest and started opening his mouth for the spoon etc

i started weaning zane at just a day under 4 months n he had a bowl of baby rice straight away none of this a spoon a day stuff he wanted more lol.

if she doesnt like it she will let u no lol but i dont see the harm in baby rice for now, i found the best time was at dinner for zane at first n then i built him up for 3 meals a day

You seem a bit unsure hun, so it might be an idea to talk to Mums who have early weaned, ones who have weaned at 6 months, and some who have BLW to get an idea of what will suit you both. I'm happy if you want to PM me about BLW :hugs:

Early weaning can cause food intolerances and allergies. Even things like excema

Your baby will definately show you if she's ready or not.
I have twins and i've started weaning one but not the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->