What if it's TWINS?

LegoHouse

Mummy of one of each <3
Reaction score
Did anyone else think about this straight away or just me? :rofl:

I was a twin, and it usually skips a generation, but I can't let the thought escape my mind! The skip from 2 children to 4 will be much harder than 2 to 3 :rofl:

i always think about that :haha: we will never know until the scan!! :D

I thought it straight away too. As far as I know though, there are no twins in my family. I do have an increased chance of twins (according to google) because I'm breastfeeding, am on the larger side, and I'm tall. :haha:

All I know is we would have to buy a house a little sooner than expected!

Are you joking? I'm still breast feeding too!! Why does that increase chance of multiples??

Yep i have twin brothers and twin cousins so this is a concern but a friend just had 2 beaitiful boys and she loves it so im sure you just deal with it.

Are you joking? I'm still breast feeding too!! Why does that increase chance of multiples??

Most people think that you can't get pregnant while breastfeeding, that the process of lactating keeps a woman from ovulating. However, plenty of mothers of twins disagree with that idea. Some research has supported the theory that the chance of twins or multiples is increased if a woman conceives while breastfeeding. For example, Dr. Gary Steinman claims that women who become pregnant while breastfeeding are nine times more likely to conceive twins than women who are not breastfeeding at the time of conception.

That's from https://multiples.about.com/od/funfacts/tp/howtohavetwins.htm

Oh I'm not saying it would be awful! Just scary lol

So glad u did a thread haha

I am convinced im having twins ..... ive read all the high chances statistics and I am up there with the most likely bunch lol

My mum her mum and her mum all fraternal twins. .. im 5ft10 and my bmi is over 30 this is my 5th pregnancy eeeeeek

Its prob only one tho and im being dramatic lol

I do but then try not to think about it lol.

My mums mum was a twin and my dads mum was too!!! Not had other twins so far in the family but who knows!! It would be crazy scary but amazing!

My great nanny was one of 13 kids... 3 sets of twins 2 sets of triplets and one single baby .... she had twins so did my nanny aka mum rhen mum didnt so it skipped is it my turn lol

Hahaha the thought crossed my mind immediately!! Doesn't help that my son who is 4years old(doesn't know I'm pregnant yet) says that I'm going to have 2 babies!!! GAH!!!!!!!!!!! Going from 2 to 4 kids freaks me out!! But what a blessing if that was the case! I would just need to invest in a better coffee maker lol!!

Haha I would be joining you too 2 to 4...... I dont mind one or two this is my last pregnancy tho lol

I have always wonderd!
I am tall , this is my 5th pregnancy am a little over wieght! Have always said i would i love them.
My friend also all of the above has just had twins , had a horrendous time - ended up with an emergency c.-section , massive internal bleeding , had to have a hysterectomy to save her life. Was in ITU for 3 days
Shes 27 :'(
Now i am freaking out

:hugs: I think that is really unlikely to happen twice, to people who know eachother x

It crossed my mind straight away too. I'd have 3 under 2. Well 3 under 1.5... :argh:

:rofl:

I keep telling myself its only one theres only one just one!! But this pregnancy is different to the last two carried to full term. Both girls both morning sickness that was it.

This one feels different severe fatigue no sickness not even once sore boobies and bad mood swings.... feel so bloated I know im a chubster already but the inside feels so full and bloated too lol

I only stopped depo jab in july someone told me hype ovulation can happen after stopping bc too

I had a boy and a girl and this pregnancy is so much stronger :dohh: Oh well we'll see!! Good luck everyone!! :) x

I also feel different this time around - cant put my finger on why

Me too.... feels different. .. unless im having a boy? That could be why hmmmmm or is could be one of each so I cant decide what sex im having hahhaha

Omgosh. In so glad you started this. I have the strongest twin intuition. I would also be going from 2 to 4. My hcg is not really high its in normal range but was doubling at 29 hours instead of 48 before 1000 and 40 instead of 72 after 1000. I have a scan Thursday. But I stopped breastfeeding 6 months ago and have only had 2 periods since and the last one was in July and it was only 2 days of spotting. I went to the dr to make sure everything was OK because of no period still and I was very early pregnant. I knew I was cause from like a week before that (I found out at 12dpo) I had really bad round ligament pain. Dr said he wouldn't be surprised cause of my missing a bunch of periods and the fast doubling time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->