• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

indy and lara - me and my dad was talking about that last night how much of a mess they made last time they got in, my dad was a pit man and so was my grandad after he was in the army so thats why i would NEVER vote them x

I don't understand why people whinge about the NHS were very lucky to have it, regardless of it being a bit slow, with how many patients being diagnosed a year and bearing in mind how much drugs cost.. I think it works well. *ducks*

1000% agree with you

I voted for Lib Dems. Even if they dont get in, it might be enough to shake up parliament and have a more even spread of politicians from the main parties. I hope this will be enough to let new ideas penetrate through. I totally agree on the tax front, those who earn more should be taxed more and measures should be in place to help those who really need it most. I also agree with the education points raised by the Lib Dems. However I also think GB has done a good job with the tools he had. I think a lot of us forget he was left with Blairs mess!

Either conservative or lib dem. Swaying to conservative. Voting tonight.

x

indy and lara - me and my dad was talking about that last night how much of a mess they made last time they got in, my dad was a pit man and so was my grandad after he was in the army so thats why i would NEVER vote them x

I grew up in a mining community and although none of my family were in the pits lots of my friends' dad and grandads were. Our community was devastated when the pit closed. I remember my Mum buying food to give to her friends who had husbands on strike. This is why this area will always be a Labour stronghold.

nothing ANY governmental party does will make everyone happy, every person will be unhappy about at least 1 thing the government does over time

NHS - we are lucky to get some much provided free, yes it can be a little slow but it HAS got a hell of alot better over since labour has been in power, waiting times have been cut etc. Where do people expect the extra money to come from to be able to provide a free instant health care service?

Benefits - Sadly there has to be a cut off somewhere, people moan if it is too high, they moan if it is too low, people moan that benefits like JSA are thrown about yet you don't hear the same people moaning when child benefit is thrown their way, you are either for them or against them, you can't pick and choose based on what benefits you

Tax - regardless of the party that gets in, Taxes will be increased one way or another, it has to since everyone is moaning they want better health care etc

Alot of people seem to think there is a magical endless pot of money out there that we are kept hidden from, sadly there isn't, basic math shows you that to add money too one place you need to take it from another

I don't understand why people whinge about the NHS were very lucky to have it, regardless of it being a bit slow, with how many patients being diagnosed a year and bearing in mind how much drugs cost.. I think it works well. *ducks*

1000% agree with you

I wasn't whinging! There are parts of the NHS that are great, I fell down the stairs with Phoebe last sunday and ended up smashing my head open on a glass vase (she is fine!) the ambulance crew were amazing and the care we recived at the hospital was brilliant. However if I am told I have a potentially cancerous mole on my stomach I do not expect to have to wait possibly over a month just to get seen by a consultant before treatment starts.

I pay to have private heath care *now i'm ducking* and I was seen 2 days later yes this may take resources away from the NHS but it was my health at stake.

Gordon Brown wasn't elected as PM in the first place (yes, I know you don't elect a PM)

His first major cock up as Chancellor was when he introduced the 0% corporation tax band. It was designed to encourage 'investment' however, what happened was that near on a million companies were incorporated during that period, losing £8 billion in revenues. Probably more given the generous tax breaks on Limited Companies.

Then, he told the world he was selling our gold reserves, so the price dropped overnight, so we got the lowest possible price for it.

We're practically bankrupt. The UK is a business, it needs to make money and at the moment we're losing it, millions per day.

Things are going to get a lot harder over the next decade whoever is in, but Labour are not the people to get us out, they're too soft, you have to be cruel to be kind.

I'm not voting Labour, even though i've enjoyed a most fruitful decade with them.

I think the NHS is a great system, well "picked up" by Labour after the Tories messed it up. However if you had seen the figures... over £8000 is spent on NHS bureaucracy but just over £5000 on maternity care. Tory and Lib Dems both want to cut the costs spent on bureaucracy and spend that money on care. This is a really interesting video actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qba6Yj6BJY

labour for me ! i dont think Gordon Brown has done a bad job at all but if he aint money wise were going to be screwed! i cant afford to work because simply i cant afford childcare and its a struggle living off OH's wages as it is, and hes gettin made redundant this year :( never mind scrapping the tax credits then we would be living on the street no way could we live without that AND child benefit.
i 100% support the cancer treatment what they are wanting to do and the others so i just hope they do!
the poll on here is intresting! i thought labour was the underdog this time around!

Out of curiosity, would you genuinely be on the streets? Or would your family put you all up?

If I lost my job and couldn't afford my mortgage, my family or my parents would house us, no questions asked. We'd have to pull our weight, and i'm sure I could earn money somehow, whether it be collecting glasses in bar.

You shouldn't be 'entitled' to a house to live in. You should earn it. Nothing is free.

You shouldn't be 'entitled' to a house to live in. You should earn it. Nothing is free.

I agree this is what really riles me. Currently me & OH work full time. Both of us! And we are living in a 1 bed house which we pay for in full. Neither of us claim any benefits what so ever.

Next door but one there is a girl on her own with a baby. She lives in a 3 bed house. Which I the tax payer pay for. She has no intention of working and she gets everything for free.

Why I am I living in a 1 bed & paying my way & she is getting a 3 bed for free?!?

Labour rewards the lazy & the people who just sit there & want everything handed to them on a plate.

I work for everything I have and wouldnt want it any other way.

labour for me ! i dont think Gordon Brown has done a bad job at all but if he aint money wise were going to be screwed! i cant afford to work because simply i cant afford childcare and its a struggle living off OH's wages as it is, and hes gettin made redundant this year :( never mind scrapping the tax credits then we would be living on the street no way could we live without that AND child benefit.
i 100% support the cancer treatment what they are wanting to do and the others so i just hope they do!
the poll on here is intresting! i thought labour was the underdog this time around!

Out of curiosity, would you genuinely be on the streets? Or would your family put you all up?

If I lost my job and couldn't afford my mortgage, my family or my parents would house us, no questions asked. We'd have to pull our weight, and i'm sure I could earn money somehow, whether it be collecting glasses in bar.

If she is anything like me, under a Conservative government, all us "common" people who have low incomes will be ignored and things will be back to how they were last time, so yes, it is very likely that we will not be able to afford our houses anymore. I'm sure family would put me up, I can't speak for her obviously, but should it really have to be the case? That people are losing their homes and move in with family because the Tories are more interested in the top percent of wealthy people and their businesses? It's not that we would have to live on the streets, it's the principle that some people would have to move out, regardless of whether they work or not, just because you have a low income doesn't mean you don't work as hard

i don't work, and i don't claim benefits, myself & future hubby made the choice that i would stay at home and care for our baby, we made that choice for ourselves so don't expect other peoples taxes to pay for us to do what we have decided to do

I didn't mean you were whinging I just meant people in general RE NHS.

& in all honesty this country IMO doesn't need change, change could possibly end up wrecking everything that this country has achieved and possibly end up with us in a lot more trouble recession wise.
Better the devil you know and all that. GB knows what he's talking about and I think he's doing a great job :)

well my dad could put us up but thats it and i wouldnt expect that off anyone tbh, i dont claim NO benefits what so ever apart from my sons tax credit and child benefit,but when my OH is working 12 hours a day 5 sometimes 6 days a week and i cant afford no childcare as we dont have the funds and he is one hell of a worker! my dad is a teacher in a special needs so his work day starts at 8 am and sometimes dosnt get home till 6+ so its not like i have family to help me out with childcare like they did 20+ years ago!
i never said that i expect ANYTHING for free i am lucky to have what i do. like i said i dont claim a penny i live off my OH and thats the only it can be at the moment

I agree this is what really riles me. Currently me & OH work full time. Both of us! And we are living in a 1 bed house which we pay for in full. Neither of us claim any benefits what so ever.

Next door but one there is a girl on her own with a baby. She lives in a 3 bed house. Which I the tax payer pay for. She has no intention of working and she gets everything for free.

Why I am I living in a 1 bed & paying my way & she is getting a 3 bed for free?!?

Labour rewards the lazy & the people who just sit there & want everything handed to them on a plate.

i dont think that is fair at all

i dont claim NO benefits what so ever apart from my sons tax credit and child benefit,

So you dont claim benefit but you claim tax credit & child benefit so yes you do claim benefit!

Durh?!

i dont think that is fair at all

No it isnt so we do need change!

The hard workers are penalised & the lazy people are rewarded. There is alot wrong with this country but this is one of the things that annoys me most.

I am waiting till I can afford to have children. Not just popping them out regardless to get myself a free house and lots of free money.

It actually makes me fume! Lol.

xx

i dont claim NO benefits what so ever apart from my sons tax credit and child benefit,

So you dont claim benefit but you claim tax credit & child benefit so yes you do claim benefit!

Durh?!

excuse me I DONT CLAIM BENEFITS FOR ME !!!! they are for my son not me! so when u have concived you are telling me u will not claim what your entitled to re tax credits and child benefit i think not!

and yes maybe thats SOMETIMES is that case but not in my life it isnt

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->