What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

24/7 why will you not be entitled to tax credits?
this will tell you if you qualify, and if you dont at the moment, just fill in your details as if you had a baby now (thats what i did!) and it will tell you how much you will be entitled to... https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyT...Credits/Gettingstarted/whoqualifies/DG_181268

obviously this may all change very soon but i dont see why you shouldn't be entitled unless you earn an absolute fortune, in which case they wont really be needed? Things might be tight, but cuts can be made in certain place to make life more affordable...i have to start cutting down soon or i wont be able to afford my rent when bubs is here!

thats how i understand it anyway :shrug:

24/7 why will you not be entitled to tax credits? people earning over £50k AT THE MOMENT are entitled to them, so unless you earn a fortune (which you state you dont :) ) you should be entitled to something. as well as child benefit which is paid to all children regardless of income.
I'm off to do the calculator again now then, as last time I tried they said £0. :growlmad:

24/7 why will you not be entitled to tax credits?
this will tell you if you qualify, and if you dont at the moment, just fill in your details as if you had a baby now (thats what i did!) and it will tell you how much you will be entitled to... https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyT...Credits/Gettingstarted/whoqualifies/DG_181268

obviously this may all change very soon but i dont see why you shouldn't be entitled unless you earn an absolute fortune, in which case they wont really be needed? Things might be tight, but it beats living on £28k a year...which is what me and liam live on now. and thats BEFORE i leave work to have bubs.

thats how i understand it anyway :shrug:

We certainly dont earn a fortune and struggle each month but we are not entitled to them.

lol both times i got quoted i was still editing my post to make sense! read my final version :)
i dont understand the tax credits tbh...i know people at work who earn too much, yet their wife gets them :shrug:

OH and what the hell...over 100 pages it took me half an hour to find my last post :rofl: im definately not reading through it all though, what on earth were you all talking about?!!

Just reading some of my friends statuses about the election today and on one friends wall some girl was bigging up how her brother runs locally for the BNP but he didnt get anywhere .. i hate to bite my toungue from saying "i wish he'd run off a cliff instead" :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: i managed to convert the girl who voted BNP back to the straight and narrow...lol.
someone on her status put "if only i could vote for the ku klux klan"

i stopped posting after that. but she said she rhetorically took her vote back. so i was pleased :)

me and my husband arent entitled to help from tax credits for childcare and he earns 28k which yes is a decent wage but its certainly not enough to cover childcare!

I wanted to go to Uni but couldnt because i couldnt afford the childcare.

:rofl: i managed to convert the girl who voted BNP back to the straight and narrow...lol.
someone on her status put "if only i could vote for the ku klux klan"

i stopped posting after that. but she said she rhetorically took her vote back. so i was pleased :)

Believe it or not i work with a guy who at the age of 26 didnt know who the KKK were :shock:

i cant even pay my mum to look after bubs..she is doing it for free, just so i can go back to work. if i sent him to nursery it would be my ENTIRE wage plus a little bit more...all for the sake of not seeing my baby :(

I'm surprised though that so many people arent entitled to TCs i thought they were MUCH more "available" than they actualy are.

Im glad i like my job, or i would have went money-hunting a long time ago :nope:

and PP - OMG what? did he not go to school?! Surely he would recognise a picture of them though? with the pointy hats on or something?

I have to admit i dont know much about the KKK either and i'm 23 we never did about them in school or anything but i would recognise them in a picture

really??? i did load on them :shrug: then again we did Black History for a year in history, and a load in english lit.
Their pictures scare me - those hoods are actually terrifying :shock: , and the facts aren't too nice either.

No we never did anything interesting at school that people would want to know about.

My husband did about the ripper and the KKK and stuff like that and his school was in the same town as mine and all we did about was ww1 and ww2

i cant even pay my mum to look after bubs..she is doing it for free, just so i can go back to work. if i sent him to nursery it would be my ENTIRE wage plus a little bit more...all for the sake of not seeing my baby :(

Hayley, I would be lost if my mum couldn't provide free childcare right now too. She's my dads carer and picks up my girls from school etc. When I go bck to work with this baby I will need some form of formal childcare as I couldn't expect her to look after a new baby full time, but she will still be taking on a few hours here and there of childminding as I work shifts which don't tie in with most childcare options. The irony is that my mum is a registered nursery nurse, yet she can't be officially financially compensated for this childcare unless she sets herself up as an official childminder. Grandparent care saves this country a bloody fortune, and I'm sure a lot more grandparents would be willing to take on that role if it was recognised financially, even in a small way.

Hayley, I would be lost if my mum couldn't provide free childcare right now too. She's my dads carer and picks up my girls from school etc. When I go bck to work with this baby I will need some form of formal childcare as I couldn't expect her to look after a new baby full time, but she will still be taking on a few hours here and there of childminding as I work shifts which don't tie in with most childcare options. The irony is that my mum is a registered nursery nurse, yet she can't be officially financially compensated for this childcare unless she sets herself up as an official childminder. Grandparent care saves this country a bloody fortune, and I'm sure a lot more grandparents would be willing to take on that role if it was recognised financially, even in a small way.

Yeah, my mum has said she doesnt want anything - which nanny wouldnt want to see her granbaby every day! but i still feel bad, thats a LOT of work, and a big ask for her to take him 5 days a week while i wrk full time. Luckily my work have said i can work from home a couple of days a week, but how long that will last for i dont know. Until it becomes non-feasible i guess. Then i will have to pay someone.

I think if we could use childcare vouchers or something it would be great, but far too many people would exploit this & there would be loop holes.

Im just lucky my mum is young fit and healthy & wants to see him everyday i suppose, some people dont have that luxury :nope: x

Im going to start the MILF party ... :muaha:

Infact, i just may dedicate an entire FB page to it if i can write up a manifesto thats witty enough :rofl: :rofl:

Boony - if your OH is bringing home £28k before tax is taken off and that is your famillies only income then you SHOULD be entitled to some child tax credits. (If it is £28k after tax then you are probably just on the cusp of not being entitled to anything)

If you ahven't already then make sure you check up - every penny counts and all that :flower:

Im going to start the MILF party ... :muaha:

Infact, i just may dedicate an entire FB page to it if i can write up a manifesto thats witty enough :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: did you hear about the Fancy Dress Party? they actually got votes here, like 207 or something silly like that. Their policies are hilarious too...cutting crime figures by using a smaller font, making class sizes smaller by 3ft6"... there is more :rofl:

some of the small parties has some funny policies, I liked one that said they wanted to make it law that socks were sold in 3's coz you always lose 1 and another party wanted the introduction of the 99p coin hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->