What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

lib dems want the euro, labour are considering the euro and conservatives say no t0 the euro

Noooo! Where did you read that? He has even said himself he would not join the Euro and it wasn't one of his plans at all, especially in the current financial state. He said if ever they DID want to join the Euro they would put it to a referrendum and if the people didn't want it they wouldn't join. But it was a BIG if

Labour were going to opt for the Euro when Tony Blair was P.M didn't they?
Didn't they have a vote and the majority voted against it??
A bit irrelevant I know but I cant see as they would have done anytime soon this time round either tbh!
Not only that its only one of their policies that I wasn't too keen on!
The only reason I didn't want the Euro is because I like having the Queens head on my coins and my stamps!![-(
I was prepared to live with it if I had too, just would have taken me until I was about 100 to get used to a different currency:haha:
x

I doubt anything will come of it, the euro is so weak that there would be no point. And as we're trying to pull out of a recession i think it's unecessary spenditure for something thats probably not going to make a difference.

x

I thought the Lib Dems did a complete U-turn on their Euro policy a while back? They went from pro to anti, or so I thought...

there was 600!!!!!!! spoiled ballots in one constituency alone. dunno how many total but must be loads!!!!

I don't think you need top be scared about the euro. Youre only alloed to have a deficit that is 3 % of the GNP .

Sweden didnt refuse to have the Euro they were simply not allowed to have it...

In all honesty i wont mind my tax credits being cut if the childcare load is eased and im sure other working mums would prefer it that way around. I would rather them say for example, all working mums who work over XX amount of hours per week will be entitled to a 25% reduction in their chilcare fee's regardless of income, than them flick me the odd £20 here and there in tax credits

i use 100% of my tax credits and child benefit onchildcare :shrug:

Think they did TennisGal, I don't remember which debate they said it in, but Clegg said there was no way they were planning on joining the Euro when Cameron suggested he was going to

Although I know something that is good about the Euro . You don't need to be a weightlifter to carry a wallet with a lot of change :haha:

tbh - the whole joining the Euro debate has pros and cons, and they've only really resurfaced mid recession. We paid a price in that our goods because hugely expensive imports...and yet, we also have the 'luxury' of not have the ECB set our interest rates.

I actually havent heard at any speech in the last two weeks to be around the Euro anyway :rofl:

half the fun of going on holiday is going to get the currency changed and then spending ages working out how much everything is, if we go to the euro it would take that away

i have a question. please dont shoot me down i just dont know who they are- just know theyre not liked.

whats the problem with bnp?

*runs and hides*

Just my opinion, but I think that the BNP are a racist, bigoted party founded on fundamentally racist ideals, dressed up as politics. They have traditionally disallowed membership of non caucasian origin, argued against anti discrimination laws and Nick Griffin has both made openly homophobic and blatently anti Islamic comments. Griffin imo, is a despicable human being, he has 'changed' his views to appear more tolerant and appear more politically minded in recent years, however he hasd been caught out both undercover and in the open political arena as the hypocrite that I believe him to be.

half the fun of going on holiday is going to get the currency changed and then spending ages working out how much everything is, if we go to the euro it would take that away
You obviously don't mind the exchange fees :haha:

The problem people have with the BNP is that they want to drive all immigrants out of this country, They would stop immigration altogether to try and achieve a 99% white British society. They also hate homosexuals and think rape is acceptable. I quote one BNP candidate that said "AIDS is a good disease because it affects Blacks, Gays and drug users" however people vote for them because they really believe immigrants are "coming over here and taking all our jobs, houses and benefits"

Not if you go to the bank in Europe though :p

and everything is costing the same as in Britain roughly anyway, just only that its euro xD

i have a question. please dont shoot me down i just dont know who they are- just know theyre not liked.

whats the problem with bnp?

*runs and hides*

Just my opinion, but I think that the BNP are a racist, bigoted party founded on fundamentally racist ideals, dressed up as politics. They have traditionally disallowed membership of non caucasian origin, argued against anti discrimination laws and Nick Griffin has both made openly homosexual and blatently anti Islamic comments. Griffin imo, is a despicable human being, he has 'changed' his views to appear more tolerant and appear more politically minded in recent years, however he hasd been caught out both undercover and in the open political arena as the hypocrite that I believe him to be.

The problem people have with the BNP is that they want to drive all immigrants out of this country, They would stop immigration altogether to try and achieve a 99% white British society. They also hate homosexuals and think rape is acceptable. I quote one BNP candidate that said "AIDS is a good disease because it affects Blacks, Gays and drug users" however people vote for them because they really believe immigrants are "coming over here and taking all our jobs, houses and benefits"

thanks for info on bnp.
didnt wanna sound stupid but was intrigued.
they sound totally outrageous!

In all honesty i wont mind my tax credits being cut if the childcare load is eased and im sure other working mums would prefer it that way around. I would rather them say for example, all working mums who work over XX amount of hours per week will be entitled to a 25% reduction in their chilcare fee's regardless of income, than them flick me the odd £20 here and there in tax credits

i use 100% of my tax credits and child benefit onchildcare :shrug:

Me too but its just not enough, is it any wonder so many mothers are put off from returning to work? :(

Ok can someone tell me for the middle to low income earners whats going to happen to us when tories get in? Im confused x
This is my question too!! We earn too much too qualify for any tax credits when we have a baby, even on OH's salery alone, however things will be tight on one wage so I will have to go back to work, but with no help in terms of tax credits etc.... So either way we get stuck as if I don't work we will be tight for money, and if I do most of my wages will go on childcare. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->