What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

Bloody hell I think you got the wrong end of the stick!

I am not saying no one should get benefits. Just that some people shouldnt as there are ALOT of people who abuse the system. I am no way saying you all do.

And you do claim benefits on behalf of your son. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that! You just said I dont claim benefits but I do claim... blah blah blah!

Never mind you all get wound up about it! Some of you must have serious complex's.

maybe i am worked up about it because u was so rude! thats the thing im trying to say they are not for me so im not claiming them they are on the behalf of my son! its not like he could fill the form out so i did ! but its not my money its his! :sleep:

and yes we all do have different opinions but i dont see anyone else undermining sp? people!

I am not saying no one should get benefits. Just that some people shouldnt as there are ALOT of people who abuse the system. I am no way saying you all do.

And you do claim benefits on behalf of your son. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that! You just said I dont claim benefits but I do claim... blah blah blah!

Never mind you all get wound up about it! Some of you must have serious complex's.

There's a saying.... quit while you're ahead. Don't apologise and THEN go ahead and insult us all over again. We don't have "complex's" I would say that most of us don't like the fact that we're tarred with the same brush as scroungers

And to be honest if you post something like this dont you expect people to have different opinions. I am not trying to push my opinion on anyway. Just merely stating what I think! You dont have to agree with it and to be honest I am not bothered if you do agree with it.

Exactly and others are entitled to their opinions too... saying people who dont agree with yours must just have a complex isn't very helpful!:winkwink:

Can we get back onto the original topic now anyway ladies :thumbup:

maybe i am worked up about it because u was so rude! thats the thing im trying to say they are not for me so im not claiming them they are on the behalf of my son! its not like he could fill the form out so i did ! but its not my money its his! :sleep:

and yes we all do have different opinions but i dont see anyone else undermining sp? people!

But it goes into your bank account and you are responsible for him so yes you are claiming them!

But it goes into your bank account and you are responsible for him so yes you are claiming them!

ok then, if thats your opinion fine but i have my own. im not getting into this with you, this was just a normal thread with people saying their opinions so there was no need to be rude

end of!

sorry bexy:hugs:

Out of interest, who has read the full manifesto of each party?

People still seem to be assuming things & reading things incorrectly - eg - "scrapping tax credits" - when in fact its only a PORTION that iwould be. thats just an example.im just wondering (not slating anyone!) who has read in full the manifesto's of each party and got the facts for themselves??

It seems there are ALOT of mis quotes, and incorrect "facts" flying around - for ALL parties. :flower:

I have :smug: lol the thing is, a lot of slander is said about parties depending on who those people support, in terms of the media. Big media businesses like The Sun and Sky News are owned by Rupert Murdoch, a hardy Tory supporter. So it's no surprise the headlines that come out from them about LD's and Labour turn out to be either lies or the fabricated truth. The BBC is known to be Labour biased and strangely enough THEY seem to spread similar things about LD's and Tories. That's why I read the manifestos rather than take what the media say as gospel.

Out of interest, who has read the full manifesto of each party?

People still seem to be assuming things & reading things incorrectly - eg - "scrapping tax credits" - when in fact its only a PORTION that iwould be. thats just an example.im just wondering (not slating anyone!) who has read in full the manifesto's of each party and got the facts for themselves??

It seems there are ALOT of mis quotes, and incorrect "facts" flying around - for ALL parties. :flower:

I have :smug: lol the thing is, a lot of slander is said about parties depending on who those people support, in terms of the media. Big media businesses like The Sun and Sky News are owned by Rupert Murdoch, a hardy Tory supporter. So it's no surprise the headlines that come out from them about LD's and Labour turn out to be either lies or the fabricated truth. That's why I read t he manifestos rather than take what the media say as gospel.

Yep, me too :thumbup:

I am a young single mother. I am currently studying and even if I had a full time job I simply couldn't afford bills and rent and everything else on my income alone. That's why I get help. Not because I can;t be arsed to get a job, believe me, if there was one out there flexible enough to fit around the fact that I can't afford childcare so I could only work if a family member happened to be off work, I would go for it. But I would still need some benefits to help me.

ETA: I also agree the system needs changing so the ones that ARE lazy actually have an incentive to work

Anyway, stop spoiling my thread and get back on topic please :)

You're right, but sadly, I believe you're in a minority.

I don't have a problem with them, it's they way they're administered.

I truly believe families should be more responsible for the care of their children. Thus my father 'could' afford to help us and house us, but if the government is going to do it for him, why should he?

Total lack of responsibility. If you were my daughter, I would try and get another job, earn some more money, look after you and your child allowing 'you' to get yourself back on your feet. The Government and Tax payers should only do so much. If you lived at home you'd be able to save, and probably do more. Your personal space and privacy would be compromised, but long term...?

I claim the family allowance for my two, I think we get £130 a month. And do you know what? We don't need it. So it's silly/wasteful.

Trouble is, we're all concerned about looking after no.1 (ourselves) sometimes, you need to look at the bigger picture.

Conservatives are not perfect. Lib Dems are in a dream world. Labour cannot make cuts due to the unions that they're pretty much controlled by.

It's a necessary evil.

Havent read the whole thread but quiet disgusted to see people voting for BNP rasist pigs that think rape is ok as the women are asking for it :growlmad:

Lib dems have my vote

Same here... As it happens, i ignore the newspapers breakdowns of policies for this reason (and im a tory!) i dont want to vote for a hyped up manifesto, Tory or not.

So i read the big three and made my decision based on that. As it happens, the things i care about were best represented by conservatives anyway, so i stuck with it.

I was just wondering who else had ... we all know you have Bexy :haha:

:lol:

I do think people should at least attempt to read the offical manifestos rather than get their info off the news or in papers, it's the only way you can read the true policies, so if you are undecided then have a quick look through them all and you might find it makes your mind up for you :thumbup:

Ok ladies chill out, agree to disagree and be done with it eh? I dont think 4magpies meant any offence but it got out of hand before she had the chance to apologise and explain what she meant and its spiralled from there

We wont always agree, you girls know that, lets just not start being rude to eachother :)

Hm, I haven't read their whole manifestos so there's probably a bit of anti Tory prejudice on my side. I suppose I have never really forgiven them for Thatcher! I work in inner city Liverpool and we are still trying to work through the damage done by Thatcher destroying the docks etc that those communities relied upon. That was, I believe, a large part of where the modern benefit culture has come from as what were once proud working communities were destroyed during this time. I'm terrified that Cameron will attack the working classes again, although its usually the average earners (like the majority of us here I would imagine) who lose the most under the Tories. I personally don't think leopards change their spots. And the Lib Dems are planning to curtail tax credits too to be fair..

Problem is income is not clear cut - £50,000 sounds like a lot of money but if that is earnt by someone trying to support a disabled partner and five kids on their own then it's really not a lot once you consider all the outgoings, huge cost of housing at the moment etc. That's why just setting income thresholds for benefits is not always helpful.

Anyway enough of this, I'm off to vote X

I am a young single mother. I am currently studying and even if I had a full time job I simply couldn't afford bills and rent and everything else on my income alone. That's why I get help. Not because I can;t be arsed to get a job, believe me, if there was one out there flexible enough to fit around the fact that I can't afford childcare so I could only work if a family member happened to be off work, I would go for it. But I would still need some benefits to help me.

ETA: I also agree the system needs changing so the ones that ARE lazy actually have an incentive to work

Anyway, stop spoiling my thread and get back on topic please :)

You're right, but sadly, I believe you're in a minority.

I don't have a problem with them, it's they way they're administered.

I truly believe families should be more responsible for the care of their children. Thus my father 'could' afford to help us and house us, but if the government is going to do it for him, why should he?

Total lack of responsibility. If you were my daughter, I would try and get another job, earn some more money, look after you and your child allowing 'you' to get yourself back on your feet. The Government and Tax payers should only do so much. If you lived at home you'd be able to save, and probably do more. Your personal space and privacy would be compromised, but long term...?

I claim the family allowance for my two, I think we get £130 a month. And do you know what? We don't need it. So it's silly/wasteful.

Trouble is, we're all concerned about looking after no.1 (ourselves) sometimes, you need to look at the bigger picture.

Conservatives are not perfect. Lib Dems are in a dream world. Labour cannot make cuts due to the unions that they're pretty much controlled by.

It's a necessary evil.

Thank you. This is what I mean. Im just not fantastic with words. If I came across offensive thats just how I am! Like it or lump it. If I did seem nasty its just my sense of humour! But I am not apologising for people taking what I say the wrong way!

4magpie- sence of humor ? im not laughin n i done see no1 else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->