What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

You shouldn't be 'entitled' to a house to live in. You should earn it. Nothing is free.

I agree this is what really riles me. Currently me & OH work full time. Both of us! And we are living in a 1 bed house which we pay for in full. Neither of us claim any benefits what so ever.

Next door but one there is a girl on her own with a baby. She lives in a 3 bed house. Which I the tax payer pay for. She has no intention of working and she gets everything for free.

Why I am I living in a 1 bed & paying my way & she is getting a 3 bed for free?!?

Labour rewards the lazy & the people who just sit there & want everything handed to them on a plate.

I work for everything I have and wouldnt want it any other way.

i dont think that is fair at all

No it isnt so we do need change!

The hard workers are penalised & the lazy people are rewarded. There is alot wrong with this country but this is one of the things that annoys me most.

I am waiting till I can afford to have children. Not just popping them out regardless to get myself a free house and lots of free money.

It actually makes me fume! Lol.

xx

I agree

i dont claim NO benefits what so ever apart from my sons tax credit and child benefit,

So you dont claim benefit but you claim tax credit & child benefit so yes you do claim benefit!

Durh?!

excuse me I DONT CLAIM BENEFITS FOR ME !!!! they are for my son not me! so when u have concived you are telling me u will not claim what your entitled to re tax credits and child benefit i think not!

Hey I wasnt having a go you just contracdicted yourself.

No I will claim benefits but I am one of the people that deserves them as I have paid into the system. Its people that dont pay into the system that dont deserve it.

I wasnt having a go at you honey!! Maybe it came across wrong.

Its not people that claim benefits that do my head in its the people that wrongly claim them. The benefits system gets abused far too much!!

xxx

I didn't mean you were whinging I just meant people in general RE NHS.

& in all honesty this country IMO doesn't need change, change could possibly end up wrecking everything that this country has achieved and possibly end up with us in a lot more trouble recession wise.
Better the devil you know and all that. GB knows what he's talking about and I think he's doing a great job :)

Ok sorry I read it wrong :hugs:

All the parties are the same and no one is doing anything for the middle earners.

We earn £55k between us which means we are not entitled to any help, we cannot afford for me not to work which means Phoebe is in nursery 3 days a week at the cost of £200 a month. I'm not going to go into the ins and outs of my life but who will help the middle earners? It all seems to be about those on lower incomes and the rich which the polititcians go on about but we get forgotten. Hopefully I am not alone in thinking this?

Before anyone starts battering me we live on the south coast so £55k a year does not go far down here we dont have flash cars and are certainly not rich, we have loans/cc bills etc.

I don't think there is any need for people to start getting smart, this thread isn't for people to get on their high horses because they don't claim benefits. The system is there for people who need it. Not everyone is fortunate to be able to even afford the bare minimum needed to live on their income alone. If you are, then good for you. I honestly hope that one day in the near future I can be in that position myself. You have to remember while some abuse the system, not everyone is just too lazy to work and willing to scrounge of those who work hard. I am a young single mother. I am currently studying and even if I had a full time job I simply couldn't afford bills and rent and everything else on my income alone. That's why I get help. Not because I can;t be arsed to get a job, believe me, if there was one out there flexible enough to fit around the fact that I can't afford childcare so I could only work if a family member happened to be off work, I would go for it. But I would still need some benefits to help me.

ETA: I also agree the system needs changing so the ones that ARE lazy actually have an incentive to work

Anyway, stop spoiling my thread and get back on topic please :)

That's the thing though, Tories will take away more from middle earners... that don't care about ''common'' people which is basically most people!
Which is why I think we should stick it out with Labour *shrugs* I just think this country needs stability not changing!

Labour. I'm terrified the Tories will cut sure start, tax credits etc that I rely on and in general I think the Tories can be a lot less sympathetic to peoples circumstances than labour. They tend to just look out for the richer people in my opinion. X

i dont claim NO benefits what so ever apart from my sons tax credit and child benefit,

So you dont claim benefit but you claim tax credit & child benefit so yes you do claim benefit!

Durh?!

excuse me I DONT CLAIM BENEFITS FOR ME !!!! they are for my son not me! so when u have concived you are telling me u will not claim what your entitled to re tax credits and child benefit i think not!

Hey I wasnt having a go you just contracdicted yourself.

No I will claim benefits but I am one of the people that deserves them as I have paid into the system. Its people that dont pay into the system that dont deserve it.

I wasnt having a go at you honey!! Maybe it came across wrong.

Its not people that claim benefits that do my head in its the people that wrongly claim them. The benefits system gets abused far too much!!

xxx

i dont see how i did, i dont claim for me i claim what is my sons and every single penny goes on him not me! i dont get JSA or income support, council tax benefit housing benefit ect

Durh?!

How rude , for your information tax credits and child benefit are basically for everyone under the £66,000 a year income every year. Im assuming your earn more then this and wont possibly need any of it? Not everyone has a high wage , regardless of how damn hard they work. Tax credits and child benefits helps a HELL of alot , we are NOT lazy nor sit on our arses thank you very much.

I just did a quiz and it said I should vote Labour, with Lib Dems second, so I'm still quite undecided.

Anyway, stop spoiling my thread and get back on topic please :)

Yes sorry i had a little outburst :blush:

Lib dems for me. Im bricking it if its conservatives, our family cant survive if they win.

Durh?!

How rude , for your information tax credits and child benefit are basically for everyone under the £66,000 a year income every year. Im assuming your earn more then this and wont possibly need any of it? Not everyone has a high wage , regardless of how damn hard they work. Tax credits and child benefits helps a HELL of alot , we are NOT lazy nor sit on our arses thank you very much.

Exactly what I was trying to say lol

My OH was discussing politics with the guy he is working for atm and very interestingly he said, "I don't really like the tories but because of my situation now (rich, big house, above average income etc etc) I have to vote for them - they work in favour of me. I can assure you if i was on a low/middle income there is no way i'd vote for them." Says alot for me!!

Labour Youtube video

Crossroads, don't get me wrong, Labour have done some good things, but you can't 'give' these things away. They have to be earned.

Unemployment is only down because the Government have created jobs for the unemployed.

They HAVE to be paid for. You can't just keep giving. Presumably you think the write off of poor countries' debt is a good thing? That's a noble thing. So when you vote, do you vote for the good of others, or what will line your pocket most?

Results in schools up? You're kidding me? I sat my GCSEs in 1996, and I was covering in Maths what they're covering at A Level standard now. Incredulous crap, moving the goalposts doesn't make it better, just allows more goals to be scored.

You can't just raise taxes on those who earn most either. As an example, 1 high earners I know of, have left this country due to the 50% higher rate band.

Between them, they 'would' have contributed over £4m in taxes, how many teachers would that have paid for? You need to balance the books i'm affraid.

Think about the future, we absolutely cannot continue spending more than we make.

Bloody hell I think you got the wrong end of the stick!

I am not saying no one should get benefits. Just that some people shouldnt as there are ALOT of people who abuse the system. I am no way saying you all do.

And you do claim benefits on behalf of your son. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that! You just said I dont claim benefits but I do claim... blah blah blah!

Never mind you all get wound up about it! Some of you must have serious complex's.

My OH was discussing politics with the guy he is working for atm and very interestingly he said, "I don't really like the tories but because of my situation now (rich, big house, above average income etc etc) I have to vote for them - they work in favour of me. I can assure you if i was on a low/middle income there is no way i'd vote for them." Says alot for me!!

vici, this is the thing. you need to vote right by you and your family and not everyone see's it this way! i wouldnt vote them because they wouldnt help me but if thats right for you go for it :D

Bloody hell I think you got the wrong end of the stick!

I am not saying no one should get benefits. Just that some people shouldnt as there are ALOT of people who abuse the system. I am no way saying you all do.

And you do claim benefits on behalf of your son. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that! You just said I dont claim benefits but I do claim... blah blah blah!

Never mind you all get wound up about it! Some of you must have serious complex's.

:nope:

vici, this is the thing. you need to vote right by you and your family and not everyone see's it this way! i wouldnt vote them because they wouldnt help me but if thats right for you go for it :D

Yep, thats why it scares me that people who don't earn above average think they should vote Tory just to get GB out! I know alot of my sisters friends have NO idea about the tories but plan to vote for them as they think labour are rubbish!!

And to be honest if you post something like this dont you expect people to have different opinions. I am not trying to push my opinion on anyway. Just merely stating what I think! You dont have to agree with it and to be honest I am not bothered if you do agree with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->