What is YOUR name?

What is your name? Leigh

Do you like it? No, damn you parents for changing your minds from Lisa after a local guy had a sex change and called himself Lisa

Would you recommend it? No, worse time was when i was in year 5 at school and the register was split between boys and girls, mine was the 2nd on the girls list as it went in birthday order and the teacher actually looked up (she was new) to see who i was and told me to my face that she thought there had been an error and i was meant to be on the boys list!

Did you have any nicknames? Fleigh, Leigh Leigh (which is now the name of choice to call me on my OH's side and his friends) and Rees (my mum's nickname for me which is also my username)

I don't like names that are unisex, made my life hell at school, especially when bullies decided to call me Manleigh - not very nice, gave me a complex about my voice for years (i was convinced that my voice was too deep for a girls as all the other girls had nice girly voices)

:rofl: that's hillarious! Especially the transexual bit :D

Whats your name?
Ann Grace

Do you like it?
I like in more now than I did growing up. I was always a bit embarrased or it becuase it is such an old name. I was nammed for my Grandma's two sisters who died at the turn of the centry (Thankfully I didn't get the 3rd whcih was Mabel!)

I always get asked if I want to be called Ann Grace or just Ann, but why would I introduce myself as Ann Grace if I didn't want to be called that?!

Would you recommend it?
I would prefer it the other way around: Grace Ann but I get told all the time that I've got a really pretty name so I'm getting fonder of it!

Did you have any nicknames?
Not from my name... I get Miss Muffet from my big brother, Bissim from my grandma (I've never actually written that so I don't know who it's spelled!) Melon-y from my guy pals (34FF boobies :rolleyes:)

my name is louise
i hate it as all my friends have louise as thier middle name
i wouldnt recommend it except as a middle name
my nickname from my friends is lou and my parents call me weasy

What is your name? Jayleigh
Do you like it? yeah
Would you recommend it? not if you want your child to be able to spell it easily when their little, or if you don't want them to have to repeat it and spell it out aaaaallll the time
Did you have any nicknames? Jay, but I hate it, Jayul, Jelly (my sister calls me it ad OH Ice Cream lol)

What is your name? Helen
Do you like it? its ok
Would you recommend it? Yes
Did you have any nicknames? elle(from mom) hel(from sister) helen the melon(from brothers) mel(from DH shortened version of melon)

What is your name? Yvonne

Do you like it? Yes I do, although some people spell it most peculiarly!!!!

Would you recommend it? Yes definitely.

Did you have any nicknames? Yvo, Yv, Eve, Von, Vonny and when I was young my neighbour couldn't say it AT ALL so called me One! :rofl:

What is your name? Jennifer, I go by Jenn
Do you like it? No
Would you recommend it? No
Did you have any nicknames? Not that had anything to do with my name. I was called Lil' Sprout and Lil' Nugget because I'm short

What is your name?
Alicia

Do you like it?
Yes

Would you recommend it?
Yes, though it will get mispronounced & spelled incorrectly nearly always unless the person is polite enough to ask about the spelling & even if they do ask about the spelling they'll very likely mispronounce it. Despite the mispronunciation & spelling I still love it.

Al (I'm a bit tomboyish so my best friend started calling me Al)

Otherwise I had no other nicknames, but toddlers who have trouble with their "L's" will typically say Aye-Eesha until they master the "L"

What is your name? Megan
Do you like it? Yea Its Alryt Actully..! =]
Would you recommend it? Yeah
Did you have any nicknames? Ohh Yesh, Megz, Moo, Meggi Moo, Muggins, Mistic Meg, Megly Mot..And The List Goes On!

What is your name? Carrie
Do you like it? No
Would you recommend it? No as people never get it correct: they always end up calling you Kerry, Karen, Carly, Carey and even Harry!! (although the lady was very old so I have to give her some credit on thinking my name was Harry!) :haha:
Caz, Cazza, Koozie

What is your name? Evangeline
Do you like it? Better than some, worse than others I guess
Would you recommend it? Umm, Yes I suppose
Did you have any nicknames? Eva, Eve, Jelly....

What is your name? Leah
Do you like it? Yes
Would you recommend it? dunno lol
Did you have any nicknames? Just blondie cuz I have blonde hair lol

What is your name? Anna
Do you like it? Yes
Would you recommend it? Defo...I would love to call my baby Anna (if it's a girl) lol
Did you have any nicknames? My parents call me Anni but they are the only ones.

What is your name? Verona
Do you like it? No
Would you recommend it? maybe, its good if your looking for a name no-one else has lol Ive never met anyone with the same name
Did you have any nicknames? Vee, And Rona. I think thats it

What is your name? Laura
Do you like it? Not at all.
Would you recommend it? I wouldnt recommend it, but i wouldnt not recommend it
Did you have any nicknames? People shorten it to Laur, but thats about it.

What is your name? Gemma Louise
Do you like it? I go through phases where I like it then i hate it :dohh:
Would you recommend it? I guess
Did you have any nicknames? Gempots which I hated :cry:, Gem Gem. Gemlou etc:haha:

What is your name? Patricia but known as Tricia

Do you like it? Not really but i like Tricia

Would you recommend it? Its quite old fashioned and can be shortened in loads of ways so maybe, i have never met another Patricia under the age of 70 so probably quite unusal.

Did you have any nicknames? Tricia, Patsy, Pat, Trish

Im Rachel and i love it so would recommend it. I get shortened to Rach and Rachie

What is your name? Jade
Do you like it? Not too bad
Would you recommend it? Maybe???
Did you have any nicknames? Nope!! Jade the spade at school :dohh:

What is your name? Steph
Do you like it? I like steph just not stephanie
Would you recommend it? Maybe steph not stephanie although stephanie is kinda cute for a baby girl...
Did you have any nicknames? Just steph lol....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->