What kind of mom are you??

i have a job, i just dont go to it so im a stay at home mum, my boss would never fire me or let me go they love me and i love them too just right now i have no way of getting to work and no-one to look after LO while i do work.

my husband just got a work at home job, so once hes finished training and on a proper schedule i might apply at the same place and get the opposite hours to my husband OR get my husband to drive me to work and pick me up again before he has to start work (which might be too difficult to do depending on times)

I'm a full-time working mom and a student mom :thumbup:

I'm at a big cross roads in life. I have two weeks ML left, i was made redundant from my job back in feb (company has gone bust) so dont have a job to go back to. I was only a receptionist/administrator & hated it. I dont want to go back to doing the same so i'm thinking of going to college but i would really like a PT job in the mean time. My OH works his ass off for us working 7 days a week & then comming home & working on the house. I dont want to be too much of a burdon on him tho he says we could cope if i didnt work.

I'm on ML from my day job at the mo, but I'm also a WAHM. I am probably going to take a career break from the day job once my ML ends so I've voted WAHM :thumbup:

im currently on ML and go back to work for 3 12hr shifts a week in june but i really wish we could afford for me to stay at home :(

I'm a stay at home mom until Hana is 1 - then I have to go back to work full time. I basically have no choice but to go back - government job, they top up my maternity benefits so I get pretty much my normal salary while on mat leave...if I don't go back for at least a year, I have to pay them that money back. :( Plus my husband isn't done his full schooling yet (trades), so until that happens, we can't pay the bills on his salary alone. Once he's got his journeyman ticket, I may stay at home or work part time. It's a very tough decision for me though, because I absolutely love my job.
Sorry for rambling! :haha:

I chose part-time working mum. I was a full time SAHM until last August but I now work part-time, doing 12 hours over a weekend. I love it because I get to be at home with the kids all week, and then go out and work at weekends, which means being able to earn a little of my own money and feel slightly more independent as opposed to having to rely on my partner. He didn't mind at all but it was just something I wanted to do. So I feel really lucky as I have the best of both worlds :)

Interesting that there are more SAHM than any other category, but I suppose if you count all working/studying mums, there are more of those than SAHMs. Still surprising given how hard people find it to stay home these days!x

My mat leave ended 5th feb. I handed in my notice (not nice company but job also not for me and not for family life) amd never returned. In early March I secured a part time job, 18.5 hours a week over 4 days (I'd prefer over 2-3 days really but oh well!) and the salary is really good so I don't feel I need to work more than this and would never want to anyway. I am yet to start but I feel this will be a good balance for us as a family.

I picked other, because I run my own business, but only need to teach 2 hours a week so I'm pretty much a SAHM because any work I do for my business is done when Lewis is in bed

SAHM until our kids are in school full time, then I will work part time. So in 7 or 8 years! :haha:

I put WAHM. I'm more a sahm atm though because I've only just started up so not got loads of work yet lol.

I'm a SAHM until all the boys are in school....so another 5yrs and have been since Landon was born 8yrs ago. I plan to then take classes and to become a midwife

Im a SAHM but i have a small WAHM job (ChaCha) but i havent done it in a bit.

Full time working mom outside the home :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->