What kind of mom are you??

I'm a full time working mom outside the home!

SAHM at the moment but will hopefully be going back to uni soon to finish my degree

I'm still on my paid mat-leave from my full-time job. However, I've applied to go back to school full-time in September and assuming I get in I will not be returning to my old job for the last 6 weeks of summer.:happydance: That means I'll be temporarily a SAHM and then a student mom (who will happen to be 36 :rofl:).

I'm a part time working mom, but my OH is trying to figure out with his work how to make me a full time SAHM (his choice!!) because he realizes how hard it is! Plus him working 2 hrs of overtime everyday is almost $100 more than I make in a 25 hr week...so his extra 10 or my 25 total??? Its in the air atm.

i'm a single full time working mommy. :D and soon to be a college going one as well. :D:D

Congrats Aliss!

SAHM now but will work weekends whilst hubby looks after her from May-cant afford childcare. Where i live in London the average full time price is £1600 a month. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Wayhey aliss :thumbup: I'm sure you'll love it!

I'm a stay at home mum, best job I've ever had! :thumbup: (Although a lunch break wouldn't go amiss :haha:)

Having said that, I've spotted a vacancy for a job which is just jaw-droppingly amazing, but right now I want to be at home with Lily.

Im a stay at home mum.
I hope to get back to work when she goes to nursery x

I am a part time working mum, outside the home :)

Stay at home Mum, supported by a wonderful husband. I do also do quite a bit of cake business from home... but not enough to really say I work from home IYKWIM xx

I'm on ML until June, but then I'm going back to work part time. I'd love to be a SAHM, but we can't afford it. My DH earns above the 'threshold,' so we aren't entitled to much in the way of tax credits.
Ironically, we'll be (financially) worse off when I go back to work than we are while I'm on ML :(
xx

I'm a SAHM :cloud9:
Money is tight but its worth it being at home with LO :thumbup: My OH busts his ass working, but hes happy with how it works (although a extra income would be nice :lol:)

Im a stay at home mummy, i love it though i miss that feeling of being able to "leave" my job where as this job always stays with me till i go to bed lol Started to get better now i have the confidence to leave the house with a 1.5yr old and my 3 month old :p

I'm on ML until June, but then I'm going back to work part time. I'd love to be a SAHM, but we can't afford it. My DH earns above the 'threshold,' so we aren't entitled to much in the way of tax credits.
Ironically, we'll be (financially) worse off when I go back to work than we are while I'm on ML :(
xx

Same here :( No help at all. My OH earns a modest amount but JUST too much for any help at all. If I work, though, we are better off by a long way but we just couldn't pay the bills if I didn't. I do want her to go to nursery as it happens, but as it comes nearer (start next wk) I feel sadder.

Still, I'm lucky as I still get quite a lot of time with her.

i work full time, which i hate unfortunatly but i have to look at the bigger picture at the mo, my work refused to let me do part time hours in my role and we are desprete to move into a bigger house and have another baby so at the mo ill be working full time until we move then fingers crossed i will start looking for part time work and start trying for baby number two....Makes me very sad to leave my little boy every day but he loves his two days at nursery and he spends the rest of the week with his nannies. And i have had a lot of days off for long weekends etc so its not soo bad :-D

I'm a stay at home mom until Hana is 1 - then I have to go back to work full time. I basically have no choice but to go back - government job, they top up my maternity benefits so I get pretty much my normal salary while on mat leave...if I don't go back for at least a year, I have to pay them that money back. :( Plus my husband isn't done his full schooling yet (trades), so until that happens, we can't pay the bills on his salary alone. Once he's got his journeyman ticket, I may stay at home or work part time. It's a very tough decision for me though, because I absolutely love my job.
Sorry for rambling! :haha:

hmmm i thought i only got 26 weeks at 90% plus smp i may have to look into this (work for government also)

I'm a stay at home mom until Hana is 1 - then I have to go back to work full time. I basically have no choice but to go back - government job, they top up my maternity benefits so I get pretty much my normal salary while on mat leave...if I don't go back for at least a year, I have to pay them that money back. :( Plus my husband isn't done his full schooling yet (trades), so until that happens, we can't pay the bills on his salary alone. Once he's got his journeyman ticket, I may stay at home or work part time. It's a very tough decision for me though, because I absolutely love my job.
Sorry for rambling! :haha:

hmmm i thought i only got 26 weeks at 90% plus smp i may have to look into this (work for government also)

Do you work for the federal government? Maybe it's different in different areas? I'm not sure...I get 93% of my salary for the entire year I'm off. (So only a slight pay cut, but it's not even noticeable). But I signed a contract saying I would come back for a minimum of a year or else I would pay all that money back. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->