what made you test/how did you find out?

3babesforme

Reaction score
so our story is this..

i had the paragard for 3 years after the birth of my second son, and got it removed last month (december 2015). i had already missed ovulation by the time i got it removed, but we started trying right away. cycle came december 17 and after AF was over i began using OPKs 2x/day from CD9-CD18. I never got a positive OPK which was very depressing as I thought i wasn't ovulating. it turns out i must've ovulated cd19 (out of a 27 day cycle
, so very short luteal phase) and i left town without hubby cd 17. about 2 days before my period was due i took a test- negative. i took another test the next day- negative. i was sooooo sad! i really wanted to be pregnant, lol. i took a test the day my period was one day late- negative, or so i thought. i tossed it in the trash because there was absolutely no line at 10 minutes. the next day i was 2 days late and feeling nauseated and my boobs were sore. i dug the test out of the trash and there was a line, but i knew it was invalid so i figured it was the test line bleeding out. i showed my hubby and he told me to go grab a digital test. i took the test, left it on the toilet while it registered and we went and put our 2 boys to bed. we decided to come downstairs and look at it at the same time... POSITIVE! :cloud9:

We're exactly the same, 5w 2d!!

Since 11dpo, my boobs were SO sore, they felt so heavy. Clothes touching them was insane, so I knew something was up. I also bled a little after sex twice, and was peeing a lot. I felt happier than i normally do when AF is coming... I didn't let myself believe I could be pregnant though as I never thought I'd be that lucky and didn't want to be let down with a negative test... my boyfriend knew something was up too with the sore boobs and they're still painful now!

I expected to see blood everytime I went to pee but it never came... AND I was 5 days late... 19dpo, we had some errands to run so decided to pick up a 3 pack of cheapie tests strips in a discount store. Tested as soon as we got home as we couldn't wait. We both watched as I dipped the strip into the cup, leant it to the side and stood back. Before the test had fully developed, the test line came up before the control line. I couldn't believe it so had to step out of the bathroom and was just like 'oh my god'. Then, no joke, (even though I've done these strips a million times), I picked up the instructions to make sure it was indeed the test line. My boyfriend said 'what is it?', I was like 'babe it's positive, were having a baby'. Then we threw our arms around each other and hugged for ages.

I did another cheapier later in the day, then we went out for a CB digi that night... pregnant 1-2! now it's pregnant 3+

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

congrats xx

After my period being late a week and still getting negatives i gave up if im honest and decided i must be out. Stopped testing. Then 3 days ago i had a minor bump in the car and first thing i did was protect my stomach. Still thought "nah im not i had a negative result a couple days ago" so left it and tested 2 nights ago. Tested at 7 at night so thought for sure it would be negative but nope! A BFP came up straight away. Tested again in the morning and line was darker. Tested at night with a clearblue and it said pregnant 1-2 weeks, tested the morning and said pregnant 3+ :)
Congratulations to everyone else who just got their bfp!

Since 11dpo, my boobs were SO sore, they felt so heavy. Clothes touching them was insane, so I knew something was up. I also bled a little after sex twice, and was peeing a lot. I felt happier than i normally do when AF is coming... I didn't let myself believe I could be pregnant though as I never thought I'd be that lucky and didn't want to be let down with a negative test... my boyfriend knew something was up too with the sore boobs and they're still painful now!

I expected to see blood everytime I went to pee but it never came... AND I was 5 days late... 19dpo, we had some errands to run so decided to pick up a 3 pack of cheapie tests strips in a discount store. Tested as soon as we got home as we couldn't wait. We both watched as I dipped the strip into the cup, leant it to the side and stood back. Before the test had fully developed, the test line came up before the control line. I couldn't believe it so had to step out of the bathroom and was just like 'oh my god'. Then, no joke, (even though I've done these strips a million times), I picked up the instructions to make sure it was indeed the test line. My boyfriend said 'what is it?', I was like 'babe it's positive, were having a baby'. Then we threw our arms around each other and hugged for ages.

I did another cheapier later in the day, then we went out for a CB digi that night... pregnant 1-2! now it's pregnant 3+

congrats xx

that is awesome!! congrats to you too! :happydance:
i banned myself from anymore tests lol. i did the clearblue indicator and got up to 2-3 like 3-4 days ago and i'm not doing anymore, haha. tests tend to drive me insane. i already got a nice dark line on a line test so my husband said if i get anymore and he sees me he's going to pee on them before i have the chance to, lol. :dohh:

how are you feeling? i don't have many symptoms and i'm starting to worry, even though i know i'm still early and ovulated about 5 days later than normal. :dohh:

I tested because I had ivf. We didn't expect the transfer to take because the cycle was all messed up and we were supposed to genetic test the embryos and do a frozen transfer. We had 1 good embryo and 1 that was good but not ready and one that was behind and the dr didn't think we should risk losing them since none were at the stage to biopsy yet. This cycle was literally the worst response I ever had (new clinic). So at 9dpo or 4 days after transfer I decided I wanted to test to see if the trigger was gone since I did a lower dose. There was a faint line which I didn't believe so the next morning I had the same line so I was like well this is crap. At the evening of of 10dpo the line was darker and kept getting darker. I couldn't believe it! Had ultrasound 1.5 weeks ago at 7+1 and one baby with hr of 141. Have 9+1 scan this Thursday and if all is still ok I will see my ob. I haven't said much about the pregnancy because I'm super scared still after tons of miscarriages. But I didn't really have anything that made me think I was preggo. I had a little spotting at 12dpo to 14dpo.

Wasn't sure when I ovulated as periods have been irregular since giving birth to my daughter and honestly thought I was testing a few days early but I couldn't help it...had the faintest line ever on my test but knew it was a positive, took another today and much more obvious. I estimate around 9/10dpo depending on implantation!

We were ttc our first at the time. I had BFNs 7-9DPO and what I thought was a temp drop at 10 DPO (turns out my thermometer just wasn't working). After 5 cycles of nothing I was sure I was out this 6th cycle. AF was due the next day. 10 DPO was NYE so I decided to test just to be sure I could drink that night at dinner...faint line on an IC but I was so worried it was just line eye! I took two other brands of ICs and faint lines! I ran out and bought frers and a digital. Both confirmed we're expecting!!! I wrote a note in the book Good Night Moon, put the digital inside, and left it on the counter for DH to find. Best NYE ever :)

I was 9dpo and walked past a sushi place and could smell the fish really strongly, and then a man walked past and I could smell his body odor, walked straight into a chemist and bought a pregnancy test and got a strong BFP at 10dpo!!

Popping in from 3rd tri! I had been tested the day of my missed period by my doctor because I had a UTI and had to be tested before they prescribed me medicine. It wasn't odd for me to be late, I usually run longer cycles. The test came out negative at the doc and got my prescription. 8 days later, still no period. Still didn't alarm me but then I had a panic attack at work in front of my boss (scared the hell out of her and I'm one of those relaxed types, so that's ODD of me). I went home and tested that evening, was positive!

I also remember a day in june. That I had ABSOLUTELY not one wink of sleep. That was my only day in my entire life I ever did not sleep at night. I had to be at work the next day and worked till 230 and still didn't go to sleep until night time. I believe that was the time I actually got pregnant!

Constant cramping from the day after ovulation. AF didn't arrive on time. I knew I was pregnant! So I waited til DH went out and I tested.

Our LO isn't quite 5 months yet, so I was really nervous about telling my hubby!

I'm 6 weeks now and waiting a while til we tell anyone else!

I was a week late, or so I thought. I had ovulated late so my cycle was going to be later. I've never had regular periods, they can be between 35 to 50days sometimes longer. I was only testing to be on the safe side, it was a huge shock when it came back positive. To be honest I cried and they were not happy tears at all. Slowly getting used to the idea now. Xx

I was on cycle 2 after nexplannon. I waa on about cd43 and literally given up hope. I was just willing my af to arrive so i could get on with cycle 3.

I went to the gym after work and literally nearly threw up all over thw treadmill. Which was so odd as i run nearly eveyday and never get sick. I went home and took an opk as i only had 1 hpt and didnt wanna waste it on a neg. The opk had 2 veey strong lines. Which was confusing as hell that late in the cycle. After a 1 hr hold (couldnt wait) i took the hot and got a squinter. I showed oh as i wanted to know i wasnt insane. He could see it aswell so we waited 2hrs then went to get hpts from tesco.

This was a much stronger line but blue dye so i was skeptical. Tye next day we drove to meadowhall (2.5hrs away was awful). There i got a superdrug pink and clearblue digi. I took the pink dye 1st not wanting ro waste the digi if thw bluedye was a false pos. The pink dye was pos and the digi said 1-2

And everything has been perfect since

My nipples had been leaking and the smell of my sweat had totally changed. I'm not usually a sweaty person but I stank! I'd been using cheapies but they had nothing but I just knew I was so I bought a FRER on my way to work and tested when I got there.

congrats xx

that is awesome!! congrats to you too! :happydance:
i banned myself from anymore tests lol. i did the clearblue indicator and got up to 2-3 like 3-4 days ago and i'm not doing anymore, haha. tests tend to drive me insane. i already got a nice dark line on a line test so my husband said if i get anymore and he sees me he's going to pee on them before i have the chance to, lol. :dohh:

how are you feeling? i don't have many symptoms and i'm starting to worry, even though i know i'm still early and ovulated about 5 days later than normal. :dohh:

Those Clearblues are damn addictive haha. I'm feeling ok, my boobs still kill and I'm restless at night and so tired. I was out with the dogs in the garden and nearly vomited, i love it :haha:

What symptoms do you have now?

Well... My Mirena fell out in April, so I was on BCP sprintec from April to May. Took it perfectly every single day. Anywho, period never came. Didn't think much of it but started freaking out anyway. Test after test came back neg. I was almost three weeks late when I found out.. Turns out, the BCP didn't stop ovulation like t was supposed to, I wound up ovulating the week my period was due, and because I though we were good we dtd. Oops! Now we are due in three weeks with our third, another little boy!

Tested because the damn dog wouldn't leave me alone one night, had to be near me touching me or generally harassing me, tested at 11.45pm and got a squinter, hopped off to superdrug the next day and bought an army of tests and got a very positive line, gradually gotten darker.

With my son a friend on a chat group I was on on here had sent me a bag of tests without me knowing and I peed on one because I could, yeah hes 3 now :haha:

Haha, so I tested not because I suspected I was pregnant at all. AF was due the next day so I figured I'd test in the morning. But then I realized I wouldn't sleep well and I didn't want any hope to build (since I had no unusual symptoms). So I just took it so I wouldn't have any more tests in the house to torture me. I threw it in a box and walked away. A little bit later I figured I might as well check it and was completely shocked. I was sure that the test was defective and ran right out and bought 4 more tests from 3 different brands and got more positives :)

I tested because I was a month late for a period and I thought there was a strange smell in the kitchen which nobody else could smell and I was constantly nauseous. I worked out I was about 6 1/2 weeks. Now 10 weeks and I haven't seen a midwife yet.

I had the most horrific ovulation pain on boxing day ... litterally doubled up in pain all day ... I usually feel it but nothing like that (suspicious I might have released more than one egg) my husband was close to taking my to the hospital but it eventually eased ... week before my period was due I felt awful ! Queasy , sore throat, stuffy nose .... this sounds ridiculous but I've been working out and taking progress pics 😂... I went to take a pic of my "6 pack" (don't laugh ha) and it had disappeared! !! 😤 I bought a test my period was due and it was a positive result within second ... I called my husband and he left work to buy another and bang another super strong positive .... I don't remember feeling so pregnant with my 3 boys or so much bloat so early on 😊 xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->