What medicine cabinet essentials do i need for a newborn Bubba?

Dogtanian

Reaction score
As a first time Mum im really not sure what medicines i need to have for LO just incase.I will get a thermometer,but what else?

:dust:

for a new born i'd say none........ not sure they can take anything till about 8 weeks, infacol for colic and that may be about it.

There isn't much they can take to begin with. They can have infacol straight away, but no point getting that unless they get colic and they need to be 4 weeks for gripe water. They can't take calpol until 8 weeks, and need to be 12 weeks for ibruprofen. Saline nose spray is useful for colds, but not sure how old they have to be until they can take that.

I find oral syringes easier getting medicine in and accurate than a spoon and you can get from pharmacist for penny's.

gripe water tastes yummy btw, i took it for trapped wind for ages a few years back but too much can have an "adverse effect"

I'd say the only thing is the nose drops, u can get single use pipettes which are more hygienic for when baby gets snuffles after a week or so! Ther in a blue box can't remember the name!

Other than that a thermometer is all u will need! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->