What on earth!

lilysmum2

Reaction score
Hi ladies, quick recap. Me and hubby are not trying (we both decided two is enough for us)
I had the mirena coil removed on the 14th June as it was making me so ill! Stomach problems, weight gain etc...
We were then going to have a month off everything to give my body time to get to 'normal' but after about 2.5 weeks I decided I wanted to go onto the pill as I couldn't cope without sex! (I know lol) anyway, we refrained from intercourse for two weeks after starting the pill 'just incase'.
Fast forward to now, and the last time we DTD was 26th July. I've just gotten this!! What do I do now...how on earth do I tell my husband who is dead set against another...! (He's told me before that he can't cope with another and would leave if I ever got pregnant again as he wouldn't cope)

I am literally shaking with worry. Do I stop taking my pill now?! I feel so lost!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 227
Hey Lovely! Wow what a shock for you! I have been there and know how overwhelming this is. I was on the mirena and got pregnant. My husband (well boyfriend at the time) always told me that if we were not to be financially secure with our own house etc he would want to end an unexpected pregnancy, hence, as I am not comfortable with abortion I got what I was told to be the safest BC- the mirena coil. Then boom it happened just out of university when we had zero money.

He was initally shocked, angry, and trying to persuade me to end it. But eventually after going for the scan which was earlier than normal as they wanted to locate the coil, he just completely came around to the idea and in fact was the one telling me we would be OK when I got doubts. So try to stay calm, sometimes they never know how they will feel when it happens...

And yes I would stop taking your pill!

Thanks Hun. I really don't know what to say to him. I know that he will shout and say mean things like 'you should never have come off the mirena, you didn't get pregnant on that ' etc.... I'm so confused as to how I got pregnant on the pill? I've taken it everyday at the exact same time. Not missed a single one!! I'm going to get a digital in the morning.

I'm glad your husband came around. I just don't know if mine will xxx

Thanks Hun. I really don't know what to say to him. I know that he will shout and say mean things like 'you should never have come off the mirena, you didn't get pregnant on that ' etc.... I'm so confused as to how I got pregnant on the pill? I've taken it everyday at the exact same time. Not missed a single one!! I'm going to get a digital in the morning.

I'm in the same situation and its not a nice place to be, your so not alone! I still haven't been able to tell my hubby (he had previously said similar to yours), but luckily he does work away to give me head space. I haven't told a single person, I think when the kids go back to school I will see the Dr but right now with the holidays and him working away its such a mess! I cannot understand (aside from the obvious) how I've even fallen pregnant!! Congratulations on your BFP though xxx

I'm in the same situation and its not a nice place to be, your so not alone! I still haven't been able to tell my hubby (he had previously said similar to yours), but luckily he does work away to give me head space. I haven't told a single person, I think when the kids go back to school I will see the Dr but right now with the holidays and him working away its such a mess! I cannot understand (aside from the obvious) how I've even fallen pregnant!! Congratulations on your BFP though xxx

I haven't told my hubby yet. I really don't know how to tell him! I'm so nervous. We've had the most amazing weekend, the kids have gone on a weekend holiday with my in laws and we have had such a peaceful and amazing weekend. The kids aren't back until tomorrow afternoon. I can't tell him today as we have been out to the country, had amazing walks, dinner etc... It would ruin the day. Do I tell him while the kids are still away or do I wait until they come back as he has missed them. I'm so confused xx

I haven't told my hubby yet. I really don't know how to tell him! I'm so nervous. We've had the most amazing weekend, the kids have gone on a weekend holiday with my in laws and we have had such a peaceful and amazing weekend. The kids aren't back until tomorrow afternoon. I can't tell him today as we have been out to the country, had amazing walks, dinner etc... It would ruin the day. Do I tell him while the kids are still away or do I wait until they come back as he has missed them. I'm so confused xx

Its so not easy. I wouldn't ruin your day today, maybe wait until tomorrow morning but before the kids are back. Or maybe that will ruin your kids arrival home so let them come back and tell him tomorrow evening! Lol I'm probably not the best person to make that suggestion given my similar situation!!!
Did you do a digital test? or just one? My crazy thought process was I needed to make sure I was actually definitely pregnant before the shit hits the fan for no reason plus I generally haven't a clue how to break it to my husband! xx

I did an IC yesterday and I could swear I could see a squinted so I waited until earlier today and got that! It's so pink IRL and showed while the dye was still going over!!

Thanks for your help Hun. How long have you known? Xx

I would tell him right away. He may be shocked and upset initially but he should come around. And if not I'm sorry to be blunt but what kind of man is he. He helped create this baby and he could have used protection of go get fixed himself if he doesn't want anymore children but to be mad at you and leave you and your children and an innocent baby that didn't ask to be conceived is childish and in my opinion not a man. I apply if this seems really harsh but I just hate seeing so many women that are left as single moms because "men" don't want to own up and take some responsibility. It's not like you held a gun to his head and made this happen.
If I had to guess though he will get over it and one day you'll never remember how life was before the 3rd came!

Hi hun, congratulations on your bfp (even though thats not what you wanted). I think you should sit your DH down and speak to him as its not only your fault, I'm sure he will came around and accept it, sometimes we make up our minds on certain things and the universe has other plans for us, you will be ok and you are not alone :hugs:

Honestly, I would confirm with a digital before planning the way to tell him. FRER's are so weird lately, and men need to see the "pregnant" word. Go get a digi!

Oh no! My hubby was the same way and honestly I didn't test until very late because of it. But that line showed up so deep and dark it ate all the dye and I screamed. In comes hubby and I'm shaking just saying I'm so sorry.

1 month later and he's warming up to it as we both know how we feel about abortion. Give it time and make sure the test gets dark then break it to him. Good Luck!!

Well ladies there's no mistaking this....now to tell my husband....lord help me :cry:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 151
Good luck, remember we're all here for you :hugs:

Agree with others that he has to take responsibility as well. He could have used protection as well if he was dead set against another. His initial response may not be great but that'll be shock/surprise etc. Give him some time. Hope it all works out well for you.

My hubby was so shocked when we accidentally got pregnant with no4. He left the house and didn't come back that night. Slowly he came to terms with is as I wouldn't dream of abortion and now Jake is almost 3 and he loves him to pieces. Good luck xxx

Good luck :hugs: maybe suggest to him he should go get snipped now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->