What size clothes did your babies wear when they first were born?

AliKitts

Reaction score
So i have a huge amount of newborn clothes just assuming that will be her size but is it more sensible to get 0-3 month clothes? is there much of a difference?

LO wore tiny baby clothes when first born at 7lbs 4oz

My daughter was in tiny baby or early baby for a good 6wks. My son was in first size or upto 1 month in next for about a month then inti newborn.

My lo was born 7lbs6oz and was in newborn for eight weeks.

0-3 is huge. Definitely buy newborn unless youre expecting a 9.5lb+ baby.

oh good, i have all these newborn clothes and im scared she wont fit! its ok if they are a little big as they will last but i dont want her to be too big for them :)

My son was 6lb 12oz and 20.5 inches long but was born at 36 weeks and wore preemie sleepers for a while before newborn fit properly .

Just get newborn it should fit

My DD was 7lb 10oz and I bought so much 0-3 thinking she would be big, it drowned her! Definatly new born, they fit perfectly! X

I'd wash a few things and keep tags on the rest! My nieces and nephews never even fit into newborn clothes. My baby is likely to be pretty big due to GD, so I only have a couple newborn outfits. I figure I can get more if I need them, but once tags are off and they're washed, I can't return them.

Very helpful thread!! :thumbup: I'll have to check her going home outfit to make sure it's for newborns since I thought newborn = 0-3 and I'm not sure which one I bought lol

Dd was 7lb12 and I out her straight into newborn, although they did seem a little big right at the start. I will be getting new born stuff this time :)

Anyone have a 5lb and what size would suit? Would tiny baby work? We are hoping to get to 36weeks but my cervix dropped again.

i got most of the clothes in the sales anyway so im not too bothered about returning them which is good because they have already been de-tagged and washed lol

My DS wore up to 1month sleepsuits for the first 2-5days then after wore 0-3months his birth weight was 8lbs 10oz...x

(newborn size could get on him but such a tight fit it was like more then exact! Lol)

My daughter was 6lbs 12 but was in tiny baby/early baby clothes for over a month. Newborn and first size swamped her and she wasn't in 0-3 for ages and ages!

My son was 7lbs 7 and newborn and first size clothes only lasted him about 3 weeks and then he was in 0-3.

Newborn/First Size for 5 weeks. She was 8lb 7oz.

My Lo was 6lb 13 and wore newborn for a good while. There seems to be a huge jump from newborn to 0-3

great im so relieved :) she has been measuring small so i think im going to be ok!

So i have a huge amount of newborn clothes just assuming that will be her size but is it more sensible to get 0-3 month clothes? is there much of a difference?

Had same question Thanks for asking :)

My daughter fit into newborn stuff for about 3-4 weeks then moved onto 0-3 months. I bought far to many nice newborn stuff last time and regretted it I've ended up only buying 7 newborn sleepsuits, 7 long sleeved vests and the rest are all 0-3 and 3-6 months this time round :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->