• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What size clothes did your babies wear when they first were born?

Anyone have a 5lb and what size would suit? Would tiny baby work? We are hoping to get to 36weeks but my cervix dropped again.

My dd was 6lb4 but dropped to under 6 and tiny baby fit well. For 5lbs id probably get a mixture of tiny baby and early baby.

My twins were nearly 6 and 6 1/2 lbs so technically newborn size but we had to get them a bunch of premie for the first month or so. I had newborn take home outfits since US showed them well over 5lbs but they absolutely swam in them so my mom had to get them new outfits before we left. (They didn't wear the others for over a month.

Anyone have a 5lb and what size would suit? Would tiny baby work? We are hoping to get to 36weeks but my cervix dropped again.

My dd was 6lb4 but dropped to under 6 and tiny baby fit well. For 5lbs id probably get a mixture of tiny baby and early baby.

Ok Brillo thanks for your help I bought some early baby and I'm giving my mam money to buy him clothes in case I go in early.

Great question!! So glad I read this, think I need to go and purchase some more newborn clothes, got mainly 0-3 oops lol :haha:

Great question!! So glad I read this, think I need to go and purchase some more newborn clothes, got mainly 0-3 oops lol :haha:

Easily done when your a first time mum! I just presumed 0-3 would fit... Didn't even think to check the sizes lol

It depends on the clothing company, I find the sizes vary wildly. It's better to go by the weight on the label. My DD was 8lb 11oz and some newborn clothes would fit her, others didn't. I'm pretty sure my son will be smaller if he's not over due, but I've got a wide range between newborn and 0-3 just in case.

my son was 7 lb 15 oz born at 39 weeks. He wore newborn clothes for 2 months.

I bought my stuff from Mothercare where tiny baby was (IIRC) up to about 7.5lb, I didn't buy any knowing DH, me and all my brothers were bigger than that.
DD surprised me being just short of 7lb but was 50cm tall so at first she was a bit swamped in the newborn (up to 10.5lb) babygros I bought. They lasted about 5 weeks.
The Mothercare 0-3 range went up to about 14.5lb or so, so absolutely enormous!
I did buy a "new baby" size from elsewhere but it was too short at 45cm and still has the tag on.

Coralie was 9 lbs 9 1/2 and was in "up to one month" size to begin with :)

i have about 20 newborn outfits and i think that is all we will buy for now, should be good for us for a while hopefully :)

It depends on the clothing company, I find the sizes vary wildly. It's better to go by the weight on the label. My DD was 8lb 11oz and some newborn clothes would fit her, others didn't. I'm pretty sure my son will be smaller if he's not over due, but I've got a wide range between newborn and 0-3 just in case.

The confusing thing is is that some people call NEXT First size Newborn and then 1 month just a normal size where as I consider the First size to be Tiny baby and 1 month suitable from Newborn because of the weight on them compared to other shops. So I did make sure I checked so others make sure you do too :thumbup:

0-3 and some 3-6 months but she was over 10lb and very long! xXx

Mine fit the up to 5lbs still when they were nearly 9lbs. I wouldn't say the weights are accurate either (though mine may just have more muscle mass than normal making them heavier as one was holding his upper body up on his own at birth).

My lo was 6lbs and in tiny baby clothes for a while before newborn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"