What size clothes did your babies wear when they first were born?

There is a difference yes! My LO was born 8lb 3oz and was in newborn for the first 4 weeks.

Mine just wore side snap shirts and diapers. Swaddled at night, snuggled mommy all day. You hardly need anything

The 1 month stuff NEXT do is for babies upto 10lbs and I personally have only heard of a handful of babies on the news weighing more than this so we have stocked up on 1 month and 3 months from NEXT. We will take 3 1 month sleepers and vests and her coming home outfit is age 1 month but will also take a 3 month sleeper and vest in case she pops out weighing 12lbs (god I hope not!) and then my other half will be able to bring more in.

I brought so much new born with DD that I didn't even get to put on her that I can use for this baby :) she was 8 lbs 8oz and in some new born only for about two weeks then it was straight into 0-3 months . I would have some of each ,they grow so fast x she was estimated at 36 weeks to only be about 7 pounds .

Keep in mind too that the UK and US have different sizing. My LO was born at 6lbs 6oz and that was with me having gd and them saying he was about 8 1/2 lbs. I don't necessarily trust when they guess how big the baby might be. Newborn stuff should fit for quite a while unless you have a bigger baby. I have tons of 0-3 that people have given us, but very little newborn so I'm going to have to get more before she comes. I made the mistake of thinking that newborn wasn't needed the first time around and had to go out and buy a bunch after he was born. Dont want to be unprepared this time!

Both were in newborn for weeks. Thomas was 20.5" and 7lbs 4. Sophie was 19" and 7lbs 15oz (I had gestational diabetes with her).

I bought all 000 I would say sizing is different where you are but 0000 is newborn so I got the what you would say 0-3 months and my son was tiny he was even to small for the newborn lol I am having another boy and just went through all my sons old clothes to wash and put away for the new one and realised I only have about 10 outfits in newborn :( I would get a mixture of both it's so hard to judge what size baby is going to be but in saying that you get so many gifts while your in hospital anyway if you happen to need smaller or bigger just ask people to get you that size.

So i have a huge amount of newborn clothes just assuming that will be her size but is it more sensible to get 0-3 month clothes? is there much of a difference?
It really depends on the size of your baby. I listened to people and bought 0-3 month clothing, 3 month clothing and a small amount of newborn clothing. However, my daughter was 5lbs 2oz. I ended up having to go buy preemie and more newborn clothing. I used the newborn clothing for quite a while.

I suppose the good part about having GD is that I'll have tons of ultrasounds and they also estimate baby's weight. This time I'll be better prepared.

my second daughter was 2 days late and weighed 6lb 3oz, newborn were massive and hung off her, my FIL went out and brought some tiny baby size upto the hospital, this time ive got mainly newborn, a few 0-3 but a few tiny baby babygrows just in case!

My son was 8lbs 11oz and was in new baby sized clothes. He lost 12% of his birth weight so I ended up having to buy more new baby clothes because I'd mostly bought 0-3 months xx

Newborn is generally for up to 10 lbs. 0-3 months is bigger than that. Small/tiny baby is generally up to 7.5lbs.

I bought mostly 0-3 clothes with about 2 weeks worth of newborn. Enough that if she didn't fit for long, we didn't waste much money, but enough so we weren't doing laundry all the time. Lots of hand-me-downs as well.

We have hardly any first size/newborn. My son was 8lb11 so I am expecting a bigger baby again. I can always send my husband out to buy some newborn if needed. I have enough for a week. X

My DS was 7lb9 and didn't fit in 'first size' but straight into up to 1 month.
They were baggy but he was very long!
Hoping for a similar sized baby this time ;)

i probably have about 20 newborn outfits so far and we have a bunch of cute 0-3 month clothes from a friend and we got a couple of 3 month outfits the other day from family so should be ok! I havent had my baby shower either yet so im sure we will get a bunch of clothes there. Thanks for your advice ladies, im now not worrying :)

I bought all 0-3 months for when Thomas was born as I was told he was going to be a big baby. He was 6lb 12oz and the 0-3 months clothes were way too big for him so I had to buy some tiny baby clothes.

He was in newborn for about 2 weeks. Before going into 0-3. He was 8lb4...but gained weight quite quickly.

Newborn is generally for up to 10 lbs. 0-3 months is bigger than that. Small/tiny baby is generally up to 7.5lbs.

In the US newborn clothes are from 5-8 pounds, which is why I've only bought a few newborn things. I mostly have 0-3 month things, which almost everyone I know with kids recommended.

She was 6lbs 9 oz and was in new baby until 3 months! She would fit into 0-3 month size vests, but they were pretty big. But her feet barely even went into the legs of the new baby size sleep suits when she was born!

There's no harm in having more 0-3 month size as you will always use them eventually, but I'd get some newborn stuff as well and have both ready. If you have enough for a few days, you can always order more online and have them shipped to you if you find you need more of one size right away.

Ella is 4wks and her toes are right at the end of her 0-3mth babygros. She was 8lb 1oz at birth and 2 days ago she was 9lb 13oz... she is just reeeeally long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->