What time for bed time?

bellaloo

Reaction score
Hi all i have 2 children one is 3 and a half and the other is 13 months. I was just wondering what is yoir bedtime routine and what time does this start from and what time do your children go to bed? Thanks x

From a big baby till around 18mos my LO went to bed at 6pm-- she'd play in her crib for around 30-45mins (depending) and then fall asleep. Around 18mos (due to weather changes and daylight savings)- we needed to transition her bedtime closer to 7:30 (as 6 was just way to early for her anymore). The rountine has really been the same- unless it's an off night- we get her ready downstairs- final snack/milk, PJ's, Teeth brushing... then up to her room for story time and then bed. Now that she's in a toddler bed- we let her play in her room for a bit- like 30mins, then come in for "lights out" and give extra snuggles- then leave so she can get sleepy and go to sleep.

The boys are 3.5 they have dinner about 4.30 then up to have a bath where they linger playing then they watch a DVD in their room (not everyone's idea of a good habit but hey it works for us) then about 6.30 it's into bed and story time and asleep by 7 xx

Main meal at around 3.30-4 pm
Bath at 5 pm for 30 mins
Soft playing for 30-45 mins (sometimes he jumps on trampoline)
Light snack before bedtime
6.30-6.45 we go to bed, read a book or two
7 pm - he falls asleep immediately
Wakes up at 6-6.15 am

Im trying to get into a routine so to speak. I work 3 nights so its hard and hectic for oh he gets in the door and i go strait out lol there normally asleep by 8-8.30 but ideally would like them in a better routine x

Just do what works for you, oh and the kids hun- keep the routine simple and quick if needed. OH can take over when he get's home ;) You'll figure it out.

Im trying to get into a routine so to speak. I work 3 nights so its hard and hectic for oh he gets in the door and i go strait out lol there normally asleep by 8-8.30 but ideally would like them in a better routine x

We never had a routine, it didn't fit our lifestyle. But now Omar is in pre-school full time we needed a proper one. Do what works for you & your family Hun xx

We have recently adjusted ours so she has tea at 5-5.30ish then at 6pm its up to the nursery for calm time with relaxing sleep cd and stories on the cushions. Sometimes she will have some milk too. Then 6.30 bath (alternate nights). Teeth, pjs, rest f bottle milk and into cot. We have been having to stay in the room until she drops off but the last couple nights she hasn't needed it :)

I have a 21 month old and 7 month old. I feed my older son dinner around 5:45- while he's eating I bathe and bottle my 7 month old. I burp him love on him and in bed by 6:30-7. By this time my other one finished dinner- so I clean up and we play for a bit he gets a bath around 7:15 in bed around 7:30-8.

I get in from work at 6pm 3 days a week so we stick to this routine regardless if im at work or not.

6-7 - Messing around/Playing
7 - Bath
7.15 - Bottle
7.30 - Story then bed..x

We have dinner around 6/ half 6.
When it's bath night she goes in the bath at 7 for 15 or 20 minutes.
After bath it's downstairs for jammies and quiet play or stories on the couch.
Up stairs at or before 8 for pee pee, teeth brushing and into bed.
She gets two stories in bed and then left to fall asleep on her own.

She has been in this routine since about 10 months, although she didn't sttn until about 18 months, she now sleeps 12 hours+ :)

Routine is what keeps me sane lol.

Since Earl was about 3 months it's been the same (and he's 4 in a couple of weeks lol)

4.30-5pm - teatime
5.30 - bath/wash and pjs
6pm - snack and a bit of telly
6.30 - story time
6.45 - Edward to bed (used to be earl until Eddy got in on the act lol)
7.00 - Earl to bed

When Charlie gets in on the action he'll basically have the same setup as Eddy but I think the bedtimes will still need to be staggered as Eddy is a swine and keeps everyone up otherwise. probably 6.45, 7 and 7.15.

This will be the case until bedtimes need to get later, but can't see that happening until Earl is 7/8.

Poppy is almost 3 years and 4 months old. This is our routine for her:

6pm: Main meal/dinner (ideally we would have this at about 5.15/5.30 but hubby doesn't get home from work until just before 6 and we like to all have dinner together at the table)

6.30: Family time, we play, snuggle and watch tv.

7.pm: Bath/shower.

7.20: Milk and books (on average we read 5 to Poppy)

7.30: Brush teeth, go to the toilet, and we sing her a couple of songs in bed (Twinkle Twinkle, You are my sunshine- calm ones to help her settle). She is then left to fall asleep.

And by about 7.45 she is usually asleep.

Most days she wakes about 6 am or shortly before. Some days she sleeps until 6.30am max

:flower:

DS1 is just 4 and in full time school which overhere is 9am till 4:45pm. He gets a snack at school about 4:15pm

Home for 5pm
5pm - 6:30pm playing - indoors or out, occ at soft play/park
6:30 - 7 prep food, other jobs I try to involve them - DS1 empties washing machine and hangs out socks and his underpants, DS2 hands me the other things to hang out! tidy playroom etc etc
7-7:30 tea time
7:30-8 quiet play, singing, books or bath
8 ready for bed
snack, milk and pre recorded night garden or similar
8:40 story (max 2) and bed
If I'm on my own they have one story together then DS1 plays/reads quietly whilst DS2 has cuddles and goes to slleep (I sit on the end of his bed, takes 5-10min we are gradually able to leave him earlier) if DS1 is still awake he gets a second story

Aim sleep by 9pm mon to thurs. slips to 9:30/10 Friday and often 11pm sat. Usually early on Sunday circa 8:15pm

Up for school at 7:45am, up at weekend about 9am

DH gets home just before 5:30 and then we all have tea together, girls have cup of milk with tea.
6:00 - 6:30 play time with Daddy (Mummy sorts washing or tidies)
6:30 bath time, teeth brushed, pjs on
7:00 in bed fast asleep :happydance:

Emma will be 4 in December and Jack is nearly 18 months. I solo parent 3 days a week as my husband works in London.

4:30 - 5 Dinner
I then wash up while the kids are finishing their dinner
5:30 Go upstairs and tidy up toys, books, etc
6 Bath time. I bathe both of them at the same time
6:30 Milk
6:45 Jack goes up to bed whilst Emma has supper and watches TV
7 Emma goes up to bed

I like to have all the chores done before they go to bed, so that I can chill in the evening!

Maria is 2 and a half. I aim for an 8 o'clock bedtime but lately thats been pushed back to 9. About half an hour or so before bed she gets her milk and some supper (if its been a while since dinner) and sometimes she watches some pocoyo, other times we read books, then after that we brush teeth, then change nappy and get into pyjamas and I tuck her and sing her two bedtime songs and then kiss and a cuddle and I leave.

My LO is 16 months old and goes to bed at 7pm. We do like this:

5:30pm - dinner
6pm - bath
6:15 - 7pm - read books and drink milk
7pm - brush teeth and bed, it takes her about 15 minutes to fall asleep

Now Marley is in nursery he's on a much stricter schedule.

Tuesdays and Thursdays he's in breakfast club for 7.30 as apposed to 9 usually so I have him in bed by 7.30/8 so he gets his usual 11 hours.

Every other night he has a bath and we read his nursery book in bed before I switch his nightlight plug on and he drifts off no problem xxx

Weekends he can stay up til 9 and gets up about 9 too xxx

We usually let him watch a little DVD in bed too but now he's asleep in 15 mins so I reckon nursery is taking it right out of him haha xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->