What to and what not to eat during pregnancy

What about milkshake, I've been drinking lots. Does it contain raw eggs? I'm worried, I hope it's ok.

What about milkshake, I've been drinking lots. Does it contain raw eggs? I'm worried, I hope it's ok.

generally milk, flavourings (or fruit) and sugar !!! I wouldn't worry .....

Is chorizo okay if cooked on a pizza? It can be a bit confusing can't it!

Has anybody heard of bacon being unsafe during pregnancy? I haven't but then "read something on the internet" that advised it was ?!

I hope not as I've been going mad for bacon sarnies :rofl:

I know I can eat prawns if they are cooked properly but can I eat crabsticks? I had some a couple of weeks ago and been thinking about it ever since.

Also I read off here about not eating McFlurry's which I didn't think I could but what about McDonald's milkshakes? I had one of those last week.....

On another thread, somebody told me to avoid McD's milkshakes as well as their McFlurries.

On the same thread, they also said they'd been advised to re-washed bagged salad (dunno if this has been discussed before here).

My midwife didn't tell me anything about what to eat/avoid. Oh well, thank goodness for t'internet.

I have had loooads of maccie d's shakes and will not stop :D

Avoid Mcflurries? Whoops...Ive had tons of those lately, Oreo Mcflurries are heaven.

I've heard sushi from supermarkets etc is ok, is this right?

From what I have heard its something to stay away from, some of it can have raw fish on.

Does anyone know if soya milk is fine for pregnant? Just love it.

I've never heared it mentioned on the "to avoid lists"....lots of vegans etc drink it so I wouldn't worry:hugs:

I was told not to drink soya milk, I can't find my list of no's now but it was on it.

I can recommend book What to eat before, during and after pregnancy.

My midwife told me to avoid mcdonalds ice cream and mr whippy icecream. Think it contains raw eggs

Well, here in Canada, McDonald's icecream is fine. Maybe it's different for you over the pond???

avoid papaya n pineapple.
im from india n here we dont eat them as it leads to miscarriage so does mango

avoid papaya n pineapple.
im from india n here we dont eat them as it leads to miscarriage so does mango

That's strange - when my sister was expecting she was advised to eat loads of pineapple as 'it was goos for her' ????

Has anyone had any advice on milk, I have skimmed and both mumand DH think that I should have semi skimmed at least, I cook with fats and stuff, but prefer skimmed tbh??? TIA

i only drink semi-skimed milk and i'm fine.

IF you follow the "list" of foods you can/cant eat you may as well starve. many ladies have gone b4 us and eaten what they liked etc and they are fine and so are their kids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->