What to and what not to eat during pregnancy

I dunno why mum thinks that semi would be better (DH would prefer semi, thats why he agrees) as surely it is the calcium in it where skimmed has got plenty of that... Argh already!!! :hissy:

I dunno why mum thinks that semi would be better (DH would prefer semi, thats why he agrees) as surely it is the calcium in it where skimmed has got plenty of that... Argh already!!! :hissy:

I'm sure skimmed would be fine, especially if you are getting other sources of calcium such as cheese and yoghurt - they (your DH and Mum seem to be thinking more about the fat content of the milk not the calcuim content!

What about Tiramasu? It is made using raw eggs, mascapone cheese and alcohol!!! My mum makes a lovely tiramasu which the family had pleasure eating in front of me last weekend!!! :-(

Thanks for putting this together. It is really helpful.

thanks this is really helpful...im a really fussy eater so was a bit worried about what i can and cant eat. luckily most of the food i like i can eat.

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev176pr___.png

Can you have stilton & califlower soup? Is stilton ok if its cooked?

The list I got and everything I've read says any cheese is fine if thoroughly cooked. :coffee:

I wasn't sure about Stilton because the blue is mould and the blue is still there in something like soup...I guess it should kill off the bacteria though?

Pasteurised cheeses are okay (as someone on here informed me when I fancied some brie) but safer still if you heat them through before you eat them.

x

I'm sure skimmed would be fine, especially if you are getting other sources of calcium such as cheese and yoghurt - they (your DH and Mum seem to be thinking more about the fat content of the milk not the calcuim content!

Skimmed milk has just as much calcium as full fat milk, it's just that all the fat is skimmed away.

My midwife told me to avoid mcdonalds ice cream and mr whippy icecream. Think it contains raw eggs

No, it's because it sits in those machines for ages and can't be properly clean out, I believe. So, there's a chance of it growing something, I think. It's not just Mcdonald's, it's any soft serve like that.

Macdonalds milkshakes are actually quite bad for you because they have alot of sugar in adding up to 12 teasppons in a large one

i found out about the milkshake, cerearls, fizzy dirks, fruit ect because of an email i got that showed you how much sugar is in what was a reall eye opener xx

just found the e-mail its 28 in a large mc donalds milkshake and 18 and a half in a mc flurry so maybe not good idea, if anyone would like to see e-mail just ask xx

does anyone know if u can eat sweetbreads when u r pregnant? my FIL is going to bbq some on Sunday and I am dying to have some!!!

does anyone know if u can eat sweetbreads when u r pregnant? my FIL is going to bbq some on Sunday and I am dying to have some!!!

What is sweetbread? :lol:

Lol, okay I googled.. I googled 'offal during pregnancy' because that's basically what it is....and found this website:

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/townsville/tour_baby/pregnancy4.asp

In 'best iron sources' it lists offal...so I'd imagine as long as it's cooked through properly it should be fine. :)

You could always post a new thread in pregnancy section or something, see if anyone knows any more.

xx

i asked two doctors and they both think it should be fine! i guess anything in moderation! my FIL is from Argentina and they eat sweetbreads! i loved it when i tried it for the first time i think 2 years ago! i am just dying to eat anything i would like as i hate just about all foods still! maybe when i get to have it i will think it's yuk anyway :lol:

Hey ladies,

Can anyone tell me if they know if Marmite is okay or not? I never really wanted to eat it so never looked into it when I was pregnant but my Sis is expecting now (yet to get her on here!) and she really wants some, just worried if its too much yeast?

Thanks, :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->