• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

my hospital wont allow you to take own formula/bottles as theres no where to make/sterilse them. if you are bottle feeding you hve to pay £1 for 2 bottles from machine.

Dont forget any medication your on ie i have to take inhalers with me. I'll probably bloody forget now!!!!

Not relevant for many mummies to be but I would say essential for those planning on giving birth in a foreign country...

A dual-language dictionary; in my case German-English; for when in post birth haze i forget words!

Just wandering in here from the 2nd Tri, this is all fascinating stuff .....

I wanna take my laptop in with me!!!

I guess I'll have other things on my mind by then though - still, it would keep the OH occupied during the boring times :rofl:

Just wandering in here from the 2nd Tri, this is all fascinating stuff .....

I wanna take my laptop in with me!!!

I guess I'll have other things on my mind by then though - still, it would keep the OH occupied during the boring times :rofl:

Hi some girls had laptops with them. I will probably take the notebook with some movies on as I refuse to pay £3.50 for tv a day

Hi some girls had laptops with them. I will probably take the notebook with some movies on as I refuse to pay £3.50 for tv a day

Actually, you're not alone there. In reality I'm thinking of taking my phone (pre-arrange data usage, I can email & chat on that), and at least one pre-loaded MP4 player so that I have something to watch.

im defo taking my laptop with me ! especially as it looks like im guna be induced sunday and theres no way im guna sit waiting for something to happen....it can take up to 6hrs ! and like u i wont pay all that to watch a tv !!
im taking my mp3 aswell :dance: magazines etc :D

i'm planning on just coughing up the money and paying for the telly.
my packing list is already rediculous, taking my laptop too might result in the need for a couple of large suitcases! :haha:

thanx ladies for this thread it s soooo useful
am just starting my list.
am gonna be at a private clinique in a room that will fit me, hubby and my mom at night as i want them to sleep there.
hopefully it ll be a good experience since we ll be paying a hell of a lot for the stay

check with ur hospitals 1st about electrical equipment as some dont allow you take ur own in xx

Thanks for the list. I'll pass it on to my daughter, shes due in October.

Oh dear my list keeps getting longer and longer - need to revise it I think!

My goodness I need to get organised. At least I have got the suitcase down....that's a start right?! :dohh:

I think for me I just need something to wear for labour. I have most things now I think. Just need to decide when to pack the bag!

I've been going through the various lists I can find on tinternet, and then this thread, and I've got my own list ready now .... And I've started sorting out suitable bags ....

I've got almost all the practical stuff, but I still need to sort out nursing pyjamas/nightdresses and bras. Want to put off the bras for as long as possible, but I think a trip to Primark or Peacock is needed for the nightshirts.

I didn't like the primark ones. The only one I did had some lace on that felt itchy. There are some things I want to pack but still wearing them at the moment so not sure if bag will be fully packed until labour starts :rofl:

A personal fan!!!!
That's on my list!!! Even though it'll be late October / early November by then, I've heard the labour floor is always really warm ...

Apart from the usual stuff for Mum in labour, stuff for Mum after labour, stuff for Dad, stuff for baby - my oddments list reads thus:

camera & spare card & spare battery
mobile phone charger
plastic bags for soiled clothes
towel
MP3 & MP4
stress balls to throw against wall
lip balm
cooling spray
hand-held fan
small toy for baby's cot (to make it look cute)
chewy fruit sweets
soft toilet roll
cordial for diluting water to drink
squirty bottle for spraying water down there when pee'ing
padlock & keys for locker

How come people take lip balm? I have seen it mentioned a few times on here - is it personal preference or is there actually a specific need for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->