What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

https://kedaisukan.com/store/catalog/images/1143a.jpg

Mines similar to this :)

I'm using a medium sized (about 2ft6 tall) LIME GREEN suitcase!!

We bought it on honeymoon in Florence when we needed an extra suitcase to bring back all that food and wine we bought! :blush: Italian Delis + my husband = one over-excited hubby and the end of our spending money!! :dohh:

It's a special suitcase for us though and it certainly wont get lost!!!!

Mine is currently in the wash so I will take a pic when its out and dry! It was my old gym bag / weekend travel bag.

I found my old gym pants too, Im so happy I found them as I thought I had accidentally put them in a bag I gave to charity. They are some old adidas joggers with a tie top so no need to go and buy a new pair for coming out the hospital. . . although I am wearing them now as I am soooo sick of my maternity jeans! I'll give them another wash and then in the bag they will go! It feels good to be making a start after all that planning! :D

What snacks are everyone packing? I have the energy drinks already chilling in the fridge, but haven't a clue about what food to take! :wacko: Don't want it to look like I'm taking a picnic!!

I have packed flapjacks, and those yoghurt covered strawberries. Have had a recommendation to take sandwiches too!

Haven't thought about what snacks yet! Flapjack sounds a good idea!

My cat just been jumping into my freshly cleaned hospital bag so now I need to wash the bloomin' thing again :grr:

Mmmm....snacks! :thumbup:

I don't know what we'll take...i'm not a great one for sweets or cakes. I'll probably just get a multipack of mars bars or chocolates of some description. I've also been told that sandwiches are good....but I love anything with pastry wrapped around it, so a pasty from the WVS may have to be a must!:blush:

Really need to re-pack mine into my suitcase....at the moment it's just piled into a holdall in the bathroom! :dohh:

Ok I dont think ive missed anythng but this is what ive got planned for my bags

Me:

Dressing gown
PJ's
2 nighties
Old T-shirt
Knickers
Feeding tops/bras
Socks and slipper socks (need some slippers)
Outfit for home
Toiletries (including lipbalm, wipes, etc)
Dressing gown
Medications
Pads (for down below and up above)
Phone/charger
Snacks

Baby:

3 vests
3 babygros/sleepsuits
Booties
Mitts
Hat
Blanket
Nappies
Cottons wool

I feel like i'm missing something.

Ok I dont think ive missed anythng but this is what ive got planned for my bags

Me:

Dressing gown
PJ's
2 nighties
Old T-shirt
Knickers
Feeding tops/bras
Socks and slipper socks (need some slippers)
Outfit for home
Toiletries (including lipbalm, wipes, etc)
Dressing gown
Medications
Pads (for down below and up above)
Phone/charger
Snacks

Baby:

3 vests
3 babygros/sleepsuits
Booties
Mitts
Hat
Blanket
Nappies
Cottons wool

I feel like i'm missing something.

Camera?

(You have dressing gown on twice!)

oooh camera is OH's department. He doesn't go anywhere without the thing :rofl:

oppps @ the dressing gown, need towels on there too.

With regards to snacks another thing recommended to me were sucky sweets and those glucose energy sweets

I saw this on the Cow & Gate website, might be useful, it's about snacks and drinks in labour :)

What can I have to eat?

It’s recommended that you go for carbohydrates which give a slow release of energy, so choose things like bread, crispbreads, rice cakes, pasta, rice, dried fruit, bananas and cereals bars.

You can also have clear broths, milky puddings, low fat yoghurts, and cooked fruits like apple sauce. Avoid acidic fruit juice flavours like orange or grapefruit.

For quick energy, try spoonfuls of honey, pieces of chocolate or sweet tea. But avoid having too much sugar – after the initial rush of energy wears off you can start to feel quite low.

You can also have dextrose tablets, which release energy gradually and are easy to eat. Try some a few weeks before your due date to find your favourite flavour!

What can I have to drink?

Being in labour is thirsty work, so make sure you drink plenty of water to keep you well hydrated throughout. You can also add squash to the water, or try juices such as apple or mango. Some herbal tea with honey in is delicious too and the natural sweetness in the honey will give you a boost.

Fizzy drinks and fruit juices, such as orange and grapefruit, are not a good idea because they contain a lot of acid which can make you feel sick. Some hospitals recommend sports drinks designed for athletes instead, because they’re quickly absorbed and give you instant energy. Ask your midwife whether she’s happy for you to have them

When i was in labour with josh i was refused all foods & liquids , bar water & softmints! ( but i was throwing up fair badly ) & they refused food in case i needed section :(

They just try to refuse me food or drink this time lol

Just few things to add after my stay in hospital the past few days, make sure you have things to do if you end up on bedrest like i did and on ctg make sure you have plenty of mags,money so you can watch tv,ipod etc i got so bored. I would also try and take a little snack in your bag cause i couldnt eat as thought i'd need an emergency c-section i didnt eat until 12am and that was only toast and i was starving!

Nowhere near starting packing my bag yet, just thought id have a browse though to get a rough idea what ill be needing!
Im due end of november so it will be fairly chilly, so do you reckon ill still need cold drinks and fans for when im in labour? - this is my first so i really have no idea what to expect or how hot i will get! Also what to wear as in nighties/pjs...? i think id be more comfortable in a nighty but id hate to be freezing all night!

I think i have heard a few places that maternity units are always kept very warm, would make sense with the babies i spose. (i may be wrong though).
I would love to pack food sweets but they never seem to make it to the bag.

im nealy 39 weeks and still havent got my bag packed yet!!! need to get a move on dont want to be wearning a hospital gown! lol :S

right babies bag packed is there anything I Have missed?

Cotton Wool
Sml pack of wipes
pack of newborn nappies
3 bibs
blanket
teddy
2 scratch mits
3 hats
2 muslins
1 travel suit-to come home in
baby towel
1 new born outsfit
1 0-3 outfit
2 new born vests
2 0-3 vests
2 newborn sleepsuits
2 0-3 sleepsuits

then we have the car set to take with us

is this everything for bubs? We are doing mine next weekend so cue next list!!!

Sounds about the same as what ive got jem :)

My bags been packed about 2 weeks now lol

My list, no idea how long we will be in for having a c-section and all depending if Kaden will need an operation on his brain :(

Baby,
-lots of hats...i have no idea what his head will be like with this ventriculomegaly :(
-Vests
-Sleep suits
-hoody towel
-Mitts
-socks
-comming home suit
-warm winter coat
-talc, massage cream, wipes, johnsons wash, baby sponge
-Nappies
-whinnie pooh comforter and rattle teddy
-Car seat
-Blankets
-Bibs
-Cotton wool

ME
-2 nighties
-2 pj's
-Fluffy warm socks
-fluffy warm dressing gown
-hand held mirror
-sprays
-bridget jones knickers :lol:
-breast pads
-disposable nickers
-Maternity pads
-tooth brush/paste
-hairbrush
-Towl
-body wash
-Slippers
-foundation and mascara(for piccies :lol: )
-hair bobble/headband
-face wipes

Probably forgot to mention something but i got most things i think

xXx

I'm just starting to get bits ready for my bag, I still need to get most of my maternity/nursing bits so i'm sorting out babies bits in the bottom of the bag then mine at the top seen as i'll need mine 1st.

So far i'm going to be taking :
photo of josh (my then 4yr old)
2 baggy nighties & poss 1 lot pjs
Thin dressing gown
Jogging pants & tshirt to come home
maternity pads
breast pads
several black knickers
Bras
travel toothbrush/paste
travel size liquid wash
make up & hair spray
sweeties/mints & big bottle of volvic flavoured water.
music cd & puzzle book/magazine
camera
flat pumps
purse full of change & numbers

Baby:
2/3 vests
2/3 sleepsuits
around 8 nappies
2/3 hats
1 blanket
snowsuit
small travel pack of wipes

Nothing much else as it really isn't needed, i'll have a spare carrier bag of bits ready at home in case someone needs to go get extras

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->