What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

I have bought myself mini travel stuff - superdrug had a nivea se tin with loadsa minis, and new toothbrush for me and dh so i do not have to worry about remembering them!! I have packed my slipeers but i hardly wear them and I bought myself a new dressing gown rom TK MAxc big and flufy for £15 again so i do not have to worry about rememebring to grab it!!..
Make up when I am near the end o stuf i am adding those in so I just have a little bit and then i can chuck it- i use a combi powder so will pack last bt of that!

I also have an old grotty towel for after so i can chuck it if needs be but a nicer one to.

erm i packed my old knickers and have bought new ones with mG money so when all sorted i have those and cheap £5 jammies with dark bottoms ofr after labor but if i need to i can chuck em and hubby knows where the other ones are if needed xx

Thanks jem_5500! Yeah, the minis are what im planning to pack too!

Im gonna pop into Primark and get slippers, dressing gown & nighty. I only have a big fluffy dressing gown and hospitals can get quite warm so i just want a kaftan style one. And then its all these pads i need! Eugh im gonna hate the sensation of feeling like im wearing a nappy! I could never use pads when i had my period! Tampons all the way for me!

Someone also told me that yu can get away with using sanitary towels for heavy flow instead of maternity pads ..... is this good advice or will that cause me to change it like every 15 flamin minutes??

I think u are advised to use actual maternity pads rather than just regular ones as they can mask infections etc. U can buy slim maternity pads though from boots for when the bleeding is a bit lighter so u dont feel u are wearing a nappy :haha:

Haha! They even sound like your wearing a nappy when you walk dont they haha! Yeah, i think the best bet is to go for proper maternity ones until it becomes lighter. Cheers chicklet.

I treid on my disposable knicks lastnight OH my god I couldnt so i then decided to pack more old knickers to throw away if i am goign to feel like i am wearing a nappy i am at least having comfy underwera!!

I was also told that u need mat pads initially in case of infection but i do have towels for later on . I am also a non towel girl and am not looking forward to it!

At least if u buy cheaper jim jams and stuf if u cannot face washing then at least u kno wu can chuck em! Thansk my theory with a lot of it!!

Ive got the boots pads, they do look lie the sanitry tyowels from back in the 80's :rofl: Ive bought a new dressign gown as my home one was expensive and dont want to wreck it. I bought new nighties and pj's and im going to pack my yoga pants etc. I have a new toothbrush and need to buy slippers (im a bare foot girl normally). Im at the point where it needs packing and something to stop worrying about. I hate the thought something wont be clean or dry when I go into labour.

Just wanted to show you the bag i brought for the hospital its huge and ive fitted mine n my little mans things in there its a bargain as well from argos and it also has a handle you can pull up use. Its item no 286/2136
In regards to the sanitary towels i brought some from lidl they are the old style towels without the weave cover on them they also have wings on them and at 79p a pack you cant go wrong!

I've no idea if I've done the 'right' thing with what I've got so far for my bag, but hey Tesco is just up the road from the hospital ;)

Here's what I've gto so far...

Mothercare maternity towels- slim with wings - 12pk
£1.99
Mothercare Disposable Maternity Bed Mats 5-Pk
£3.99
Mothercare sterile maternity towels - 6pk
£2.99
Mothercare Little Softie Fragrance Free Wipes - 80pk
£2.29
Mothercare muslin squares - 12pk White
£11.99

Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream 125g
£2.49
My Babys Large Cotton Wool Pads 60
£1.49
Tesco Ultra Softnewborn 24
£1.66
Nature Boy & Girl Nappies Newborn 28
£3.75
Tommee Tippee Disposable Breast Pads 50
£2.41
Sanex Dermo Invisible Roll-On 50ml
£1.32
Cuticura Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel 100ml
£1.30
John Frieda B/Brunette Shampoo 50ml
£1.93
John Frieda B/Brunette Conditioner 50ml
£1.93
Travelling Light Mask And Ear Plugs
£3.39
Sensodyne Extra Fresh Toothpaste 20ml
£0.99
Listerine Total Care Mouthwash 95ml
Write a note
£1.40
Sani Hands Antibacterial Hand Wipes 12s
£0.99

REDOUTE CREATION Maternity and Nursing Nightdress
£15.20
REDOUTE CREATION Jersey Slippers
£8.80
REDOUTE CREATION Nursing Pyjamas and Cardigan
£20.00

I'm also taking a big tent of a nightshirt with me which I'll probably wear this-side of meeting little one.

I still need to figure out what of the babies clothes and my own I need to pack.
I don't WANT to stay in, but I'm preparing for it.
If I get my way and get home, it'll be nice that it's all to one side for me anyway.

Suggestions for what I've forgotten much appreciated ;)

did i see bras and a going home outfit?

book? I have a puzzke book :D

I have no idea what to do about bras.

Last time (not pregnant) I went into the city to get measured at a store the woman was so clueless... now there's the added - when do do it / what size will they be etc.

I'm waiting to pick up the new adele parks book, if I get it in advance I'll read it ;)

For nursing bras try secret sales website, they have hot milk bras so cheap i guessed the size i would need lol

i went up a cup to what i am now but only bought 2 so i can get more i needs be i they change.

When I was in with my daughter I didn't use bibs but then it depends how long you're in for - I only stayed 1 night (would have been home sooner given the chance!) plenty of nappies is a definite!!

I have packed muslins, i remeber reading somewhere that these are more useful then bibs when breastfeeding??

I put bibs and muslins as we are only 5 minutes from hospital came to conclusion dh could bring more! plus there is tesco across road from hospital!

I BF and didn't use bibs or muslins! In fact I didn't even use half of what was in my hospital bag!! A cold facecloth when I was in labour was lovely (I kept getting so warm I nearly passed out) and my OH kept putting ice into it for me. A dressing gown because after I gave birth I got all shivery and it was nice to have something snuggly - preferably in black!!! LOTS OF MATERNITY PADS!! I was soaking constantly so it's nice to change them a LOT. I took juice down to drink as well. Something to do if you are gonna be in for a day or two - the TV got really boring to watch while baby was asleep. A HAIRBAND! I had a bobble for my hair but nothing to keep the stray hairs off my face, an alice band would have been really helpful!

I bf & didn't need bibs or muslins either hun, & i agree about the cool facecloth being good during labour & also like you i got very cold soon after labour & i was shaking so bad they had to hold me on the bed lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->