What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

o bum i now need to repack my bag out the window rapidly goes my water birth and into induction so out goes birth plan-but what happens if lo comes now do igt dh torepake butbwhat omy headxis mush! sorrry very tired not sure what i am doing!

Aww jo hun, text me if your still mashed after a sleep tonight. Hopefully you might feel alittle better in the morning from being home & in your own bed , you know where i am babe xxx

I bought some of the disposable knickers but after trying a pair on I went to Asda and bought a few packs of their cheap ones - £1 for three pairs of sext granny knickers - cotton and they fit - even if get chucked as soon as the bleeding stops will still be cheaper than the disposables and a lot more comfortable!
Also planning on packing some 'only need boiling water' foods as more satisfying than crisps and also hoping they will at least be able to provide some toast! I don't want to overfill my suitcase but it's on wheels so I'll manage I think! I've got a seperate bag for the baby so will need to be extra stict with that or will be stuffed with cute outfits rather than the pack of nappies and essentials I should be taking!

i have given up on dispoables. Have I wrtten this? Bought somenice new ones for after its all done and jsut using my old knicks which ican chuck after. I know they fit and are comfortable!

Repack for me again today now I have head round things :D Need to re think babes clothes not sure the new born will be big enough!!!!

We're officially finished and packed!! It's all in the car too......... Even got the moses baskets set up ready, and the formula is in the cupboard!!:thumbup:

My bag is packed or at least i think its ready, I've got all babies stuff put away in drawers & moses basket is ready, got a very excited 4 yr old eagerly wanting a baby to " peekaboo " .

Well after spending the last 5-6 days in hospital (although not had baby yet) I went through my bag fast! Need to get stuff washed and get it repacked. I am tempted to buy some more nighties and pj's. I liked getting dressed everyday but most ladies on the ward didnt. When I did get dressed it was leggings/joggers/big comfy tops.

There were no babies on the ward but was still kept hot. I was thankful for the patio doors and balcony in the room.

I'd say make sure you have clothes on that they can get to you easily. I had injections in tops of legs, stomach and arms. I went on ctg twice a day and they listened to baby with doppler several times, so they needed to get access to bump and clothes that are easy to pull down made that easier. Also I had BP profiling so access to arms was needed due to having bp done 6-10 times a day.

Also lots of knickers, changing them I felt fresher, also when pulling up nightie for ctg I liked having some on for my own modesty.

All really good tips, thanks maffie :thumbup:

I am now considering NOT taking a dressing gown, as it takes up SOOOO much space, and when i was admitted at 27 weeks, the ward was incredibly hot. Now i know that it will be november when i'm in, and a lot cooler outdoors, but the temperature in hospitals is kept pretty constant and i figure a cardie will do the keeping me warm job just as well but take up about a quarter of the space of a dressing gown.

What does everyone think?

As i see it the "for" points to taking one are:
warm and cosy
helps protect your modesty if you end up on the ward and are pootling around the corridors in your nightie

Whereas "against" points are:
Its big and bulky and i am running out of space in my bag!
I am likely to find it too warm to wear
If all goes to plan i'll be giving birth on the midwifery led unit, where you stay in your room, rather than transfer to the postnatal ward, and should be home within 24 hours, so will i really need it?!

Opinions much appreciated ladies!

I agree with you Rebaby, I think I'm gonna be unpacking my dressing gown as I know that the wards are pretty warm and as you say, in November it'll be colder outside but still constant inside so I think it's pointless! But like you, I will be taking in a cardi of some sort for modesty. :thumbup:

I've a lightweight linen dressing gown that's in my temporary hospital bag. I've seen some jersey fabric ones in Tescos, but would be tempted to just go with a long cardigan- there are tonnes in the shops at the mo.

I bought a dressing gown but didnt take it but asked OH to bring it in the next day. I wore it to and from the shower, It was also nice to roll up for under my bump, also snuggled up to it :lol:

I'll be taking it again next time.

i am taking mine out and puttin gin my lightweight one. I aagree Maffie I got dressed during day whilst I wa sin makes u feel more human and normal!

Anyone else packing a bag for your partner/OH? At the moment my husband's bag contents include:

The camcorder (I'm not happy about this but he's insisting its to film the baby - better not come near me with it!)
Camera
2 x cartons SMA
baby towel
spare underwear and t-shirt
snacks (1 x box of jaffa cakes and a 5 pack of mars bars - his favourite! lol)
baby book (to fill out the birth pages)
1 x spare outfit in 0-3 month size (just in case we have a monster baby! lol)
change for payphone (£2 in 10ps/20ps)
£10 for parking permit
Cuddly toy for LO

Anything else that you're taking?

My bag and the baby's bag are already in the car, as is the car seat- we've kept hubby's out as he may need the camera etc during labour.

Anyone else packing a bag for your partner/OH? At the moment my husband's bag contents include:

The camcorder (I'm not happy about this but he's insisting its to film the baby - better not come near me with it!)
Camera
2 x cartons SMA
baby towel
snacks (1 x box of jaffa cakes and a 5 pack of mars bars - his favourite! lol)
baby book (to fill out the birth pages)
1 x spare outfit in 0-3 month size (just in case we have a monster baby! lol)
change for payphone (£2 in 10ps/20ps)
£10 for parking permit
Cuddly toy for LO

Anything else that you're taking?

My bag and the baby's bag are already in the car, as is the car seat- we've kept hubby's out as he may need the camera etc during labour.

Yep, well, he got his packed as he didn't want to be left out;

snacks (currently pot noodles lol)
Camera
Lots of batteries.

Thats it so far!

I'm not packing a seperate bag for OH but in my bag (if there's space!) he will have a pair of boxers, a t shirt and some body spray. Also snacks, money for more snacks, and some form of entertainment i think, like maybe his psp or ds, or something :shrug:

Oooo yeah but I may have to hide them from OH as he thought the Birth Center smelt like Nik Nak's and he hates the smell, I could just see him trying to spray the room all the time!

I think im going to take my portable dvd player and we bought a travel scrabble which takes my mind off things.

My suggestion is earplugs cos i ended up sharing a room with two really horrendous snorers!!!

Not a chance in hell i'd take a seperate bag for an OH (if i had one). All he would need is a spare tshirt really & yeh poss deodorant, I really think its nuts taking another bag for OH.
I'm not even taking a spare bag for baby, Everything goes in 1 bag. I'm having a baby not going on holiday lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->