What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

i'm taking slippers! when i went in with katie the very first thing i did was get my slippers out!!

hospitals dont like you to be walking around barefoot and they dont like socks as they're slippery!

I have a very cheap pair of slippers from asda they are the least sexy things ever but I don't plan on using them again so £2.50 isnt really much to throw away is it?! LOL

just a thought! dont know if anyone has sed it already

MOBILE PHONE CHARGER!

xxx

hey ladies
was just wondering do you have to take a towel? xx

Best to check with your hospital hun. We didn't :) Some people still do anyway as they say hospital towels are horrib;e but ours were lovely :)

This is a great list!! I would bring an empty duffle bag! The hospital gives you so many free diapers, wipes, nose suckers, etc. to take with you, but you need the room to carry all the items. Don't be shy about bringing all that stuff with you! Believe me, the hospital bill afterwards will make you feel like you paid for it already. :)

All of the above with plenty plenty magazines and pure chic's abdominal binder

My friend said flip-flops was the one thing she really could have done with for walking in/out the bath/showers.

Thanks for the lists/hints so far - I am building up my bag slowly - or rather I am building up a pile in the spare room! :flower:

I have packed the majority of stuff. I need to put slippers, dressing gown and makeup in before I actually go in. i also have a pile of stuff for OH to top up if have to stay in more than a couple of days!! :flower:

I have packed the majority of stuff. I need to put slippers, dressing gown and makeup in before I actually go in. i also have a pile of stuff for OH to top up if have to stay in more than a couple of days!! :flower:

Great idea to have another pile if you need to stay longer as my OH wouldnt know where to find everything as its me who has put all babies stuff away!!
:flower:

Great idea to have another pile if you need to stay longer as my OH wouldnt know where to find everything as its me who has put all babies stuff away!!

My OH would have no clue either! ! he needs things signposting lol :haha::flower:

I dont know if its been suggested, but make your pjs or nighties dark incase of leaks xx

I've packed mine and still have 6 weeks to go lol..

i have one big holdall bag so can put a baby changing bag inside and a bag for the babys things too so i wont be faffing around in the process.

in the baby bag:
4 sleepsuits/babygro's
4 vests
bibs, hats, mittens, bootees, socks
2 muslin squares
cardigan
shawl & knitted blanket
towel & mitt
coming home outfit

baby changing bag:

mini baby sponge
johnsons baby wash
mini sample of sudocrem/barrier nappy cream
nursing pads
cotton wool balls
baby wipes. mixture of size 1 and 2 nappies
nappy sacks
baby brush
dummy?

my things to put in big bag
2 nighties + 1 pair of pj pants
toiletry bag:
showergel; tooth brush & paste; deodrant; flannel; facewipes; hairbrush; hair ties
1 pack of maternity pads
towel
knickers (old ones also for soon after birth)
socks
comfy bra
slippers
jogger velour suit & some tops for the ward

you never know how long your goin to be kept in :)
and going to get my family or bf to bring other bits if i need them wen they visit

My OH would have no clue either! ! he needs things signposting lol :haha::flower:

I have packed two bags - so after a few days I can just give one to oh to bring home and get him to bring in 'reserve bag' I am kind of asssuming I will be c section though so preparing for a stay of up to one week.

thanks for this thread ladies....mind boggling stuff....so on that note i best get my butt in gear and get packing lol.

Good luck ladies :thumbup: :hugs:

Oh my god I have to try and get my head around all this stuff !! when did you guys pack your bags i keep thinking its too early for me!!!

im packing mine now :yipee: been saying i should for ages now lol.
only thing is, doing it too early means some bits may not fit like i discovered today :hissy: I bought a cute short length dressing gown, pink fleece as its a girl, comes with a hood and it dont fit me no more :rofl: im gutted lol. thank the lord the nighties still fit tho. :)

I'm sorry if this has already been asked...do we need to take stuff to bath baby there or not? I don't have anything like sponges, towels on my list so might need to add them xx

I took some top to toe wash and a soft towel for his 1st bath. They did offer us hospital towels, and i used them for myself but felt they were a bit too harsh and crispy for drying LO!

Hope that helps.

i would suggest packing a variety of sizes for baby because the stuff i had was huge on william also if you are 36 weeks or more then pack your bag and check it regularly and definitly get some food in there because i packed my bag early and i never checked it over and because i went into labout 2 weeks early i never had chance to put food in and poor hubby was starving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->