What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

Hi, thought i would pop back with suggestions,
lots of bottled water, the hospitals tasted funny lol
Dont worry about the size of your bag
Make sure you have extras at home for people to come back and get them easily if you stay longer than expected (they held me prisoner)
Loads of pants and maternity pads (blood everywhere)
They have spares of everything so dont worry about forgetting something (they even found me spare pants when i ran out lol)
A fan if you dont like the heat.

Oh and make sure that your birth partner knows where the first baby clothes are and nappy etc and they know how the put them on (they may be asked if they want to do this as you are lying there unable to help after the birth) i am sure the midwifes do this to scare the pants off the oh s though lol
good luck all

Love looking at all these great lists goin 2 have 2 get mah ass in ta gear and start gettin mah bag ready :haha:

is all packed :smug: although not the food yet lol....think il get that in there now just in case.

I haven't got any of the stuff for mine yet. But I already have everything for the baby so thought I'd pack it earlier because I was bored. Can somebody please check what I've packed and point out anything I've missed or not got enough of.

* 4 Vests- 1 Tiny Baby, 2 Newborn, 1 0-3
* 4 Sleepsuits- 1 Tiny Baby, 2 Newborn, 1 0-3
* 1 Blanket
* Nappies- 10 Size 1. (Do I need more? Less? Some size 2 as well?)
* Wipes- 1 Travel Pack (12 Wipes...again, do I need more?)
* Cotton Wool- half one of those rectangle shaped pleat things (because I've heard some hospitals won't let you use wipes on NB)
* Nappy Sacks- about 12
* 2 Hats- 1 Newborn, 1 0-3
* 2 Muslin squares
* 1 Pair scratch mitts

Do I need bath stuff? Like a sponge, top to toe wash and a towel? Or will I be allowed home before his first bath?

If all the sleepsuits have feet in I don't need socks do I?

I'm hoping to stay in the least amount of time possible, so maybe 1 night depending on what time I give birth. If more nights than that then OH can bring more in.

xx

if u give birth in the morning in our hospital they have u out by 4, so would be home before ya know it :D x

if u give birth in the morning in our hospital they have u out by 4, so would be home before ya know it :D x

Thats what i thought but i was kept prisoner for 4 days with high blood pressure (the longer i stayed the more annoyed i got and it was going up and up) just be prepared incase :)

kk, i don't wanna be in for ages :'( but k ur right defo... better to be prepared :)

girls i have discovered a gold mine to help us with our hospital bags lol type in google "travel sized toiletries" WOW

kk, i don't wanna be in for ages :'( but k ur right defo... better to be prepared :)

girls i have discovered a gold mine to help us with our hospital bags lol type in google "travel sized toiletries" WOW

I've seen them in superdrug, I just need to buy them xx

you get a free coco butter miniture, bio oil and sudocrem in the free boots/loyds goody bags. i also got a bepanthen minature randomly in the post lol

woohooo random happiness my bag is complete! took 3 days to put together but it's all done :D phew happy bunny now x

i have got the last bits for hospital today :) feels like such a relief :) now all i need to do it put them in the bag lol

sorry if these questions have been asked but.... when to pack? and newborn? or just 0-3months for ur second baby? xx

id have everything packed by 37weeks personally, and i packed a coiuple newborn and a couple 0-3! :)

I'm looking forward to packing my bag but have to admit I'm not looking forward to labour, really scared now.. :wacko:

Im really worried about this. I have started to pack a small suitcase but its full already and thats just my stuff. Im only 5mins from the hospital so maybe hubby could bring up more stuff? SO far i have as follows;

for me;
2x nighties (1 for the birth and 1 for after)
2x PJ bottoms (So i dont leak through the nighties)
pack of 5 pants that i can just chuck away after use
20 after-birth pads
socks
mini shower gel and shampoo
a towel
20 breast pads
and im to get 2x nursing bras nearer my due date

for baby;
1 towel
3 baby grows size newborn
3 baby grows size 0-3
6 vests
1 snow suit
2 hats
2 pairs of scratch mits
nappies
baby wipes
2dummies/soothers
6bibs
4 muslin square things
2 blankets
1 towel

Im really worried about this. I have started to pack a small suitcase but its full already and thats just my stuff. Im only 5mins from the hospital so maybe hubby could bring up more stuff? SO far i have as follows;

for me;
2x nighties (1 for the birth and 1 for after)
2x PJ bottoms (So i dont leak through the nighties)
pack of 5 pants that i can just chuck away after use
20 after-birth pads
socks
mini shower gel and shampoo
a towel
20 breast pads
and im to get 2x nursing bras nearer my due date

for baby;
1 towel
3 baby grows size newborn
3 baby grows size 0-3
6 vests
1 snow suit
2 hats
2 pairs of scratch mits
nappies
baby wipes
2dummies/soothers
6bibs
4 muslin square things
2 blankets
1 towel

same as me but I dont have a towel for bubs - they dont recommend bathing them fully for a few days so figure if I am c section and stay in that long oh can bring it in. I have a bag for me that I am taking in when I go which has enough for a few days (same quantities as you above) a wheelie suitcase for the boys (haha well I do have double the stuff) that we will leave in the car till its needed and then I have packed a duplicate reserve bag for me to leave at home in case I am in for a week then oh just needs to take dirty bag home and bring new one in. xxxxxxxxxxxx

im planning on being in and out on the same day like i was with my first so im only taking one nightie and one pjs? that'l be ok wont it? my oh can pop out and get me more cant he. Im getting my yummy mummy bag for xmas so i will be packing after xmas (at about 30weeks) I think this will be ok, i know they say ur second normally comes earlier, so good to be prepared. xx

i know its still early for me to be preparing my bag but i want to, well have to be organised!!! Everything else is done and i just want to get it ready so i dont have to worry nearer the time, plus you never know when she might decided to appear!!

I need to get my act together. Although still 10 weeks to go for me I have nothing for the baby except a travel system and a furniture set waiting to be assembled for the babies room, wanted to get the biggest purchases out of the way first. Eek, its quite overwhelming all the essentials that I need to get and Im not a good shopper either, my hope is one trip to a baby shop where I can get it all in one go!

i got my yummy mummy bag for xmas, so babies stuff is now nearly packed :) (early i know!!!) havent even started on mine, but ive got pretty much everything dont need to buy much just using what ive already got, i need to get more breast pads tho, ive already used nearly a whole pack, never known anything like the leakage im having, its more than just AFTER id had my daughter!!!???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->