What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

right i do lke to pack lightly, but do u think this is not enough.....

one nightie (for the labour)
Pack of 6 knickers
breast pads
maternity pads
spare bra (as i will obviously have one on, im not breast feeding, just may want a clean one after bath etc)
Pjs for incase i have to stay in
Toiletries
camera
money

Thats it??? im going to come home in what i went in?? and i live 10 mins away and can send OH home if needs be.

Baby bag is done and ive got loads in there :) its just my bag doesnt seem very full??

That is so gorgeous!
how much was it? im debating wheither to get a yummy mummy one or a juicy one for my birthday hahaa, i already have a pink changing bag and a black one but you can never have too many lol!
xx

That is so gorgeous!
how much was it? im debating wheither to get a yummy mummy one or a juicy one for my birthday hahaa, i already have a pink changing bag and a black one but you can never have too many lol!
xx

haha true ;)
it was £63 buts its pretty big and comes with a changing mat, little mirror thing and like a plastic toiletry bag thing, plus loads of pockets for bottles and stuff!
and its gorgeous :cloud9:
xxx

When should you have your bag packed from?Thanks.xxx

ive started packing mine, ive wrote a list and as i get things i put them in the bag and tick them off the list, cos i know i'll end up forgetting something otherwise
xx

I think 34 weeks is probably a good time to start packing... full term is considered any time after 36 weeks, so if you need to get things from the shops you've still got 2 full weeks.

My friends tell me they just threw things in a bag when they figured they were in labour, so any time before then is good :wacko:

You are just in hospital, not another planet, so there will be people to ask to run and get you things if needed.

... Having said that, I always overpack and have a smallish suitcase ready to start filling!!! :blush:

speaking to MW tonight she suggested taking some honey with you as its easily absorbed :)

my friend gave birth on tuesday and said to take extra pyjamas and clothes as she kept wetting herself, oh dear

never under estimate how many maternity pads ul need. boots own are good as too are always maxi night time if u want normal towels. I was wearing 2 at a time at the begining so make sure u pack at least 2-3 packs of 10. u can never have enough!

flip flops for when they send u for a shower....u dont know whats been on the floor!

things i didnt use......

magazines and ipod. i didnt have the time, if i wasnt feeding I was sleeping or with visitors. the ipod was supposed to be for the labour but I was so out of it and screaming so much :blush: i wouldnt have heard it anyway.

my nightie or top for the labour was removed when i had the epidural, as they needed easy access to the back.

socks - I had the DVT socks on so figured I didnt need mine, besides mine were under cover most of the time.

what about breast pads how many should i pack i have popped 10 into a ziplock bag in my bag would that be enough? Not leaking yet so dont know how quickly i will go through these.

Unless you have an extended stay, your milk won't come in until after you get home, so you shouldn't need many (10 sounds fine). I didn't use a single one til I got home!

Not exactly the right area, but if anyone is planning to use a TENS machine, buy some extra strong medical tape for use at home (they have it in hospital). The pads tend to lose their sticky quite quickly, especially if you stay active.

Hi just wandering is it necessary to pack newborn and 0-3 baby gros and vests? Trying to pack light so far have packed my baby's bag have packed

Nappies x5
Cotton wool balls x 1bag
Nappy bags
Bepanthon nappy cream
2xvests newborn
2xbaby gros newborn
1 coat newborn
1 Hat newborn
1 pair booties
2 x scratch mitts
1 x blanket

Got it all in my baby changing bag
Have got car seat too

Hi just wandering is it necessary to pack newborn and 0-3 baby gros and vests? Trying to pack light so far have packed my baby's bag have packed

Nappies x5
Cotton wool balls x 1bag
Nappy bags
Bepanthon nappy cream
2xvests newborn
2xbaby gros newborn
1 coat newborn
1 Hat newborn
1 pair booties
2 x scratch mitts
1 x blanket

Have got car seat too

Im going to bring one set of newborn stuff then the rest 0-3.I think you should bring both just incase.xxx

Nappies x5
Cotton wool balls x 1bag
Nappy bags
Bepanthon nappy cream
2xvests newborn
2xbaby gros newborn
1 coat newborn
1 Hat newborn
1 pair booties
2 x scratch mitts
1 x blanket

Have got car seat too

I would say that you should take a few more nappies, and a couple more vests and babygrows. Some babies produce a lot of gunky stuff from both ends when first born, and if your baby is like that you could be through those in a couple of hours.

As for the size of clothes - it depends whether you have been given an idea of how big baby will be. Anything less than 9lb should fit into newborn, bigger and you'll need 0-3. It won't matter if things are too big, but it's a problem if they are too small, so I'd say keep 2 vests and sleepsuits in newborn, and have the same again in 0-3 just in case.

I don't think you need to worry about having nappy cream or nappy bags at hospital - I'd save those for when you get home.

Nappies x5
Cotton wool balls x 1bag
Nappy bags
Bepanthon nappy cream
2xvests newborn
2xbaby gros newborn
1 coat newborn
1 Hat newborn
1 pair booties
2 x scratch mitts
1 x blanket