What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

Hi just wandering is it necessary to pack newborn and 0-3 baby gros and vests? Trying to pack light so far have packed my baby's bag have packed

Nappies x5
Cotton wool balls x 1bag
Nappy bags
Bepanthon nappy cream
2xvests newborn
2xbaby gros newborn
1 coat newborn
1 Hat newborn
1 pair booties
2 x scratch mitts
1 x blanket

Got it all in my baby changing bag
Have got car seat too

i'd say more nappes and vests too,
im just taking a whole small pack of nappies and around 5/6 vests
xx

i agree im taking 10 nappies in the change bag then leaving a pack in the car aswell, u cant have too many. im only taking 3 vests tho, but i think maybe u should take 0-3 aswell??? xx

I bought alot of those mini travel toiletries last week in Asda they were on offer at any 4 for £3, thought that was quite a bargain myself! They even have mini Johnsons baby talc & shampoo & my most needed Simple moisturiser! Saved alot of space as the last time I brought full sized products it was just a waste of bag space when they only got used a few times.

Hi just wandering is it necessary to pack newborn and 0-3 baby gros and vests? Trying to pack light so far have packed my baby's bag have packed

Nappies x5
Cotton wool balls x 1bag
Nappy bags
Bepanthon nappy cream
2xvests newborn
2xbaby gros newborn
1 coat newborn
1 Hat newborn
1 pair booties
2 x scratch mitts
1 x blanket

Got it all in my baby changing bag
Have got car seat too

I would say that you should take a few more nappies, and a couple more vests and babygrows. Some babies produce a lot of gunky stuff from both ends when first born, and if your baby is like that you could be through those in a couple of hours.

As for the size of clothes - it depends whether you have been given an idea of how big baby will be. Anything less than 9lb should fit into newborn, bigger and you'll need 0-3. It won't matter if things are too big, but it's a problem if they are too small, so I'd say keep 2 vests and sleepsuits in newborn, and have the same again in 0-3 just in case.

I don't think you need to worry about having nappy cream or nappy bags at hospital - I'd save those for when you get home.

listen to me girls seriously! my son was 8lb 9oz he had to wear tiny baby clothes and premature nappies for about 3weeks he looks ridiculous in newborn it drowned him! you WILL NOT need 0-3 honestly!

I also took advantage of having lots of family visiting after the birth for example my mum took some dirty laundry home to be washed & when I needed more bibs or vests etc (my first baby had alot of mucus) my partner brought some with him when visiting!

So I say never worry too much over how many vests & babygros you will need I'm sure the family would be more than happy to bring some extras up for baby & yourself!

id say too take some lipbalm the gas and air can really chap your lips, and take more changes of underwear, i had a bad i took in and another bag i kept in OH car with loads more nappies bibs changes of clothes and pjs for me, and i used them too even though i only stayed in one night, xx

listen to me girls seriously! my son was 8lb 9oz he had to wear tiny baby clothes and premature nappies for about 3weeks he looks ridiculous in newborn it drowned him! you WILL NOT need 0-3 honestly![/QUOTE]

i was going to mention that. my son was 7lb 14oz and new born stuff was massive on him so this time i am packing a couple of baby grows and vests in new born and ive also bought one baby grow/vest/bib set in early baby that we will be packing too. then if needed we will buy more when bubs is born.
My friends baby was born weighing 10lb 40oz and he still had no prob fitting in new born stuff x

my cousins baby was 9lb 13 and went straight into 0-3 as newborn was too small. But my son was 7lb 2 and newborn was too big. Guess it depends on how long they are really xx

my cousins baby was 9lb 13 and went straight into 0-3 as newborn was too small. But my son was 7lb 2 and newborn was too big. Guess it depends on how long they are really xx

i suppose, jesse was quite long though still is, he was in tiny baby til he was over 10lbs though, maybe its just me i dont like seeing babies with massive oversize baggie clothes, it gets on my nerves i like jesses stuff to fit him, i know alot of people prefer them to be baggier though x

massive thread so i dont know if it has been said... nipple cream. I hear it is best to start with nipple cream BEFORE they get sore to prevent the pain. Some women even start with nipple cream in late pregnancy

i have to say about the nappy thing, I went through 5 nappies in an hour at one point so u will definately need more than 5 nappies lol xxxx :hugs:

don't know if this has been mentioned before, but im defo taking a shower cap with me for after the birth, because i felt really faint in the shower and couldn't stand in it long enough to wash my hair!.. think it will come in handy xx

don't know if this has been mentioned before, but im defo taking a shower cap with me for after the birth, because i felt really faint in the shower and couldn't stand in it long enough to wash my hair!.. think it will come in handy xx

Yeah that is a good idea.I might pack a shower cap as well,thanks.xxx

Sorting out my utility area today and thinking about how i can make things easier for myself...

I have packed into my hospital/baby bag some laundry bags (white plastic bags) for husband where i have written on the front what washing machine setting the contents needs to be washed at and what powder. The idea being that when i am in the hospital i can pack the clothes into the appropriate bag and OH can pop them into the washing machine for me :) And bags can be binned as i presume they will have liquid in them from the birth .. If i need to be kept in then he can pop them to dry as well which is less for me to do when i get back...

Have done the same for the nursery with cotton laundry bags for the 1st few days for baby clothes so when i have enough clothes i can give the bag to husband and he can pop that into the washing machine as well for me... (as i have a bad back i am going with the plan that bending down might still be a problem after the birth for a few days).

I have a laundry hamper but though having the bags might make more sense for the first few days leaving the hamper for our clothes.

I bought a black bin for the back garden and will be setting this up outside the kitchen door to pop dirty nappies into i dont want to leave them in the room if i can help it. Going to pick up another roll of black sacks for the bin so we are sure not to run out :) Bins are collected once a week so i guess thats going to be quite a few nappies!!

Have you though about things like this?

Packed mine - thanks for the suggestion!

Sorting out my utility area today and thinking about how i can make things easier for myself...

I have packed into my hospital/baby bag some laundry bags (white plastic bags) for husband where i have written on the front what washing machine setting the contents needs to be washed at and what powder. The idea being that when i am in the hospital i can pack the clothes into the appropriate bag and OH can pop them into the washing machine for me :) And bags can be binned as i presume they will have liquid in them from the birth .. If i need to be kept in then he can pop them to dry as well which is less for me to do when i get back...

Have done the same for the nursery with cotton laundry bags for the 1st few days for baby clothes so when i have enough clothes i can give the bag to husband and he can pop that into the washing machine as well for me... (as i have a bad back i am going with the plan that bending down might still be a problem after the birth for a few days).

I have a laundry hamper but though having the bags might make more sense for the first few days leaving the hamper for our clothes.

I bought a black bin for the back garden and will be setting this up outside the kitchen door to pop dirty nappies into i dont want to leave them in the room if i can help it. Going to pick up another roll of black sacks for the bin so we are sure not to run out :) Bins are collected once a week so i guess thats going to be quite a few nappies!!

Have you though about things like this?
:thumbup: Really good ideas, I'm definately keeping this in mind!

When I had my DS 10 years ago, we were told to take a dark coloured towel (that way it won't show the blood so much when you bleed after a shower/bath).

Do we have to take a hooded towel for the baby too, or do they have towels at the hospital?

fantastic thread.

I have not read thru it all just dont have time at the moment but just wondering I am starting to get my hospital bag ready this week and will I need to be taking talc and baby lotion and all that stuff?

I don't think you'll need a hooded towel for baby cos they say not too wash them for a few days after their born and you won't need lotions or baby talc as they won't even let you use wipes on their skin it has ro be cotton wool and water, unless you wanna use them for yourself :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->