What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

....something else just occured to me to consider if you have any other medical condition you need to think about brining your own prescribed stuff with you. Inhailers etc

And if you have a condition and have some evidence of this with is relevant its also worth taking this with you or making sure its on your notes in detail.

For example i have a damaged spine and have my own copy of the MRI scan and report so just in case i will leave this in the car when we are in the delivery suite and i will take it with me to see the consultant on wednesday to discuss my pain releif as if there is a risk of my having a spinal block or epi then they need to know what disks to avoid.

(Not going to take it with me to the delivery as i want to keep hold of the records but if there needed husband can get them from the car so best of both worlds)

How come they won't let you use wipes on the baby? I'm sorry, but its my baby... if I want to use wipes on her, I will!!! Lol. Do they supply you with cotton wool and a bowl of water everytime you need to change your baby's nappy then? It's been 10 years since I gave birth... how much things change!

nah you take your own cotton wool, i just got a big pleat for about 50p in asda, and its cos their apparently wipes have too many chemicals in and arent sensitive enough and they tell you not too use products like baby bath lotion and stuff too and only use water on their skin, ive took a small pack of wipes so if i have a really bad nappy i can use them cos theirs no way im mucking about with cotton wool if my babys crapped all over the place haha! and my mum used wipes with me and my bums fine :thumbup: lol
xx

nah you take your own cotton wool, i just got a big pleat for about 50p in asda, and its cos their apparently wipes have too many chemicals in and arent sensitive enough and they tell you not too use products like baby bath lotion and stuff too and only use water on their skin, ive took a small pack of wipes so if i have a really bad nappy i can use them cos theirs no way im mucking about with cotton wool if my babys crapped all over the place haha! and my mum used wipes with me and my bums fine :thumbup: lol
xx

im going to use wipes unless bubs has a reaction or anything, it was good enough for my mum with me! lol

HI girls, quick question, was just wondering if anyone could tell me roughly how many breast pads and maternity towels that I need to pack. My hospital makes you stay overnight. So I was wondering how many approx I'll need xx

HI girls, quick question, was just wondering if anyone could tell me roughly how many breast pads and maternity towels that I need to pack. My hospital makes you stay overnight. So I was wondering how many approx I'll need xx

i cant speak from experience, but i posted the same question a few days ago. heres the link: https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/269856-maternity-pads.html

I have packed a towel for bubs. not one of our big hooded ones, but a smaller one just in case they show you how to bathe them as some hospitals do. I dont want them using some scratchy towel on him.

I have packed 2 packs of maternity pads (10 in each) in case i stay over noght. I hear you can change them like every hour or 2 for the first few days. And just a few breast pads since i doubt my milk will come in enough to really need them at all. At the moment i dont leak through a bra but when i dont have one on i leak through a shirt. So if it stays that way til my milk comes in i wont need any pads in hospital, i have some just in case. You only need a few pair.

I have put cotton wool in my bag but i hope the mws dont mind me using wipes. I have the PURE ones from huggies. They say they are as gentle as water and can even be used on a newborns face. And anyway the mw wont be around every nappy change so i will use wipes when they arent around. It is my baby and cotton wool seems far too difficult even though i have the pads not balls.

Wipes are ok but bloody hell how cold are they? I use cotton wool as I wouldnt want a freezing cold wipe on my bum or round my face I think they are cruel. You need your cotton wool for the eyes I used cooled boiled water got hubby to bring some in,in a flask as I think eyes are so important and touch wood all my kids eyes have been good no stickiness or anything.
xx

I am pretty sure i heard of wipe warmers :haha: Probably expensive

Yes, Jo Jo Maman Bebe sell organic wipes which go in a wipe warmer. They're made by Prince Lionheart. They can be washed and reused; so pretty good on the environment too. I was almost tempted to buy them... trouble is they need a mains connection and there is no plug near our changing table :-( Not very practical for taking into hospital either. I don't think they're that expensive considering how much you would be saving on regular wipes as they're washable.

I am just going to use wet wipes now though. I have a big box of 12 Pampers sensitive wipes which I got at the Asda Baby event for £8. At the end of the day I don't care what the midwives say... it's my baby and i'll use what I want to clean her bottom. If they were that damaging to baby's skin, they wouldn't be on the market at all would they? Lol. I will be using cotton wool and warm water to clean baby's face and use the top and tail bowl I've bought :-D

Yeah I will be using cotton wool on the face and stuff when i top and tail too(have a bowl from my SIL) When I said the PURE wipes can be used on the face, i didnt mean i would use them i just meant thats how gentle they are :flower:

Sticking with warm water cant put something that cold on my babies bum bless him.x

i got a really good list from the new mamas and papas catalogue thought i'd post it cos its the list im going by :)
Things for baby;
Car seat
Newborn nappies
Baby toiletries and cotton wool
Vests and Sleepsuits
Hat, Mittens and booties
Muslin squares
For You;
Nighties, Dressing gown and slippers
Comfy clothes like a tracksuit
Nursing bra and breastpads
Maternity sanitary towels
Toiletries
Money, Camera and mobile phone
Tens machine(Optional)
Snacks and drinks with a straw
Facial sponge or flannel
Spare clothes/Pyjamas and maternity underwear
Towel
Water spray
Birth plan and medical notes

xxx

I had a smaller bag (birth bag) within my hosp. bag.... containing snacks and drinks of squash and the camera, hand held fan for labour etc etc etc. The drinks, hand held fan and camera (fully charged) were the things I could not have managed without.... everything else was gravy IMO!

This is a brilliant thread but am I right in thinking its more of a hospital suitcase I will need than bag. I cant think of any bag big enough for all this stuff I will need

This is a brilliant thread but am I right in thinking its more of a hospital suitcase I will need than bag. I cant think of any bag big enough for all this stuff I will need

ive just got a medium sized hold all type bag, and ive fit everything in quite easily, ive just tried to get thin things like thinish nighties, ive picked out my thinner towels, ive gone with disp pants not cotton, things like that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->