What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

This is a brilliant thread but am I right in thinking its more of a hospital suitcase I will need than bag. I cant think of any bag big enough for all this stuff I will need

ive just got a medium sized hold all type bag, and ive fit everything in quite easily, ive just tried to get thin things like thinish nighties, ive picked out my thinner towels, ive gone with disp pants not cotton, things like that :)

Ah good idea I have like a overnight suitcase I will try and use its not very big plus I think I will be able to lock it I have heared a lot of stories of things going missing in the hospital Im going to

This is a brilliant thread but am I right in thinking its more of a hospital suitcase I will need than bag. I cant think of any bag big enough for all this stuff I will need

ive just got a medium sized hold all type bag, and ive fit everything in quite easily, ive just tried to get thin things like thinish nighties, ive picked out my thinner towels, ive gone with disp pants not cotton, things like that :)

Ah good idea I have like a overnight suitcase I will try and use its not very big plus I think I will be able to lock it I have heared a lot of stories of things going missing in the hospital Im going to

yeah ive heard you shouldnt take a handbag to a hospital as they are prime targets for thefts.. not sure how true it is... but it sounds logical to me so i wont be taking mine! lol

I had more of a "suitcase" for all my stuff! Well, a hold all anyway. But like I said... I had a smaller bag *inside it* for the stuff I would need during labour and immediately after Bean was born.

This time I am hoping to not-need a hospital bag, as I'm planning on birthng at home - YAY! I might pack a few things, you know... for "Justin" :D

for ff mums how many bottles should i take?my hospital dont provide them so ive just brought some sma glass bottle thingies that u just unscrew lid and put teet provided on, but not sure how many i should pack? x

for ff mums how many bottles should i take?my hospital dont provide them so ive just brought some sma glass bottle thingies that u just unscrew lid and put teet provided on, but not sure how many i should pack? x

all the hospitals seam to have different policys contact them to find out what to take ;)

Hi, I know people have probably already answered this question but theres alot of pages to go through. When is everyone starting to pack thier hosptal bags? My 1st was 2weeks early and i was a bit caught out.

Mummy78, I'm 30 weeks today and my bag is almost packed. They reckon 33 weeks is about the right time to pack it, but I am super-organised LOL! As you say though, you can't be too careful. The baby might come early, and at least I can rest easy knowing I have everything prepared. xxx

Mummy78, I'm 30 weeks today and my bag is almost packed. They reckon 33 weeks is about the right time to pack it, but I am super-organised LOL! As you say though, you can't be too careful. The baby might come early, and at least I can rest easy knowing I have everything prepared. xxx

Thats exactly what i was thinking but havent got anything yet. Have had the nightmares as i know my other half wouldnt have a clue what i would need if it did happen suddenly. Well maybe next weekend i need to take a visit to mothercare lol.
Thanks

ive nearly finished mine :blush: just need some pjs and a dressing gown and im done...i like to be organised lol

ive been done for weeks and weeks and i have nothing to do. Some advice for you ladies... it is ok to do the bag to be ready but dont wash everything and get the nursery finished too soon. You will just be left with so much free time and will wish you had baby stuff to do. I would love to have baby stuff to do, but all i have left is normal housework and i cant be bothered! It is too hard when you are as big as a house lol

ive been done for weeks and weeks and i have nothing to do. Some advice for you ladies... it is ok to do the bag to be ready but dont wash everything and get the nursery finished too soon. You will just be left with so much free time and will wish you had baby stuff to do. I would love to have baby stuff to do, but all i have left is normal housework and i cant be bothered! It is too hard when you are as big as a house lol

ive been putting off washing LO's clothes, and some little things in the nursery for this reason! i knew i would miss having baby things to do if i didnt have any.. i think thats why i keep rearranging the nursery lol OH keeps taking the p*ss when i tell him ive been sorting the baby's room.... again! lol

I guess I should finish my bag today.. Almost done except toiletries and dressing gown though so not too bad :D

xx

I have been thinking that i will leave alot of things for when i go on maternity leave at 35weeks but one week of that we are on holiday. Already im feeling knackered and its taking me a little longer to do things so got a bit panicky and thought better start some things. I have now done my list for my hospital bag which i think i will start next weekend.

ive sort of done my hospital bag, but i keep on changing it adding a few bits and taking some out. keep thinking how many nappies, how many knickers to take lol.

adsa's £1 knickers are so comfy!

I just starting packing mine today. I need to get more pants though. i have 1 pair of trackpants and one pair of jeans, so i cant just keep them in the bag as i wear them now. PJs and slippers and dressing gown etc i bought especially so as much as i want to wear them now i have washed them and packed them away. Should go do Ella's bag too.

this is a great thread, i now have my list of what i need to buy. Just have to start buying and packing now. xxx

I have mine all packed and ready to go. Just have a few things left to do. I bought a trolley holdal from Next. It has apples all over it and is JUST the right size to fit everything in. I think it was only £25 so I'm quite pleased with it. Originally I had 2 bags, one for me and one for baby. But now I've condensed everything into the one bag.
At our hospital there are trolleys (same as asda shopping trolleys!) by the entrance to the labour ward and you have to put all your stuff in one and take it with you everywhere. Good idea as you have to go upstairs after the birth onto the postnatal ward. Saves you carrying large bags too. The Next one is great though as it has wheels and can be pulled along.

I have a list of things to pack/do before the big day which is here if anyone wants to take a look...

FOR ME

Hospital notes
Birth Plan
Tens machine (got to order yet)
Dark coloured towel
Flannels x 3
Body puff
Maternity towels
Disposable pants
Maternity mats
Mini shower gel
Shower hat
Mini shampoo
Mini conditioner
Hairbrush and comb
Carrier bags for dirty clothes
Dressing gown
Pyjamas/nightdresses for after birth x 2
Old night dress or T-shirt for labour x2
Bed socks
Slippers
Lip balm
Hair bands
Cartons of juice/bottle of Ribena
Snacks for me and birth partners
Make-up and remover
Antibacterial wipes
Hand sanitiser gel
Uno/playing cards!
Nursing Bra and big knickers for going home in
Nursing top & Maternity trousers to go home in
Breast pads
Address book
New baby birth announcement cards
£10 in loose change for car park and coffee machines
Camera (charged) and new memory card
Mobile phones (charged and in credit)
iPod
Nintendo DS's (charged)
Puzzler/magazines and a pen
Notebook
Change of clothes and deodorant for Hubby
Gift and card for my son
New Dad gift for my hubby
Thank you card for Midwives
Box of tissues
Toothbrush and paste
Pillow and case

FOR BABY

Nappies
4 sleepsuits
4 vests
pram suit for leaving hospital
hats
scratch mitts
blanket
swaddle robe
comforter/soft toy
Cotton wool pleat
Nappy bags
Car seat

EXTRAS

Overnight bag for my son in case he has to stay with my Dad
Spare key for my Dad to feed our pets, or if he has to bring my son back home

THINGS TO DO A WEEK OR 2 BEFORE DUE DATE

• Wash, dry and iron baby clothes and bedding
  • Have clean bedding ready in the airing cupboard for when I get home so I have a nice fresh bed to get into
  • Stock up on pet foods
  • Cook and freeze some meals such as casseroles, stews and bolognese so they can be heated up easily so we won't have to cook
  • Have a list of numbers on the fridge of who to call when the time comes and a procedure to take when contractions starts (eg. what will happen with school children, who will collect them from school, when to call midwife/birth partners
, etc)

I know I may be over-precautious in doing this but I think my hubby will panic when I go into labour, so I want clear written instructions ready so he knows exactly what to do! :haha:

I have mine all packed and ready to go. Just have a few things left to do. I bought a trolley holdal from Next. It has apples all over it and is JUST the right size to fit everything in. I think it was only £25 so I'm quite pleased with it. Originally I had 2 bags, one for me and one for baby. But now I've condensed everything into the one bag.
At our hospital there are trolleys (same as asda shopping trolleys!) by the entrance to the labour ward and you have to put all your stuff in one and take it with you everywhere. Good idea as you have to go upstairs after the birth onto the postnatal ward. Saves you carrying large bags too. The Next one is great though as it has wheels and can be pulled along.

I have a list of things to pack/do before the big day which is here if anyone wants to take a look...

FOR ME

Hospital notes
Birth Plan
Tens machine (got to order yet)
Dark coloured towel
Flannels x 3
Body puff
Maternity towels
Disposable pants
Maternity mats
Mini shower gel
Shower hat
Mini shampoo
Mini conditioner
Hairbrush and comb
Carrier bags for dirty clothes
Dressing gown
Pyjamas/nightdresses for after birth x 2
Old night dress or T-shirt for labour x2
Bed socks
Slippers
Lip balm
Hair bands
Cartons of juice/bottle of Ribena
Snacks for me and birth partners
Make-up and remover
Antibacterial wipes
Hand sanitiser gel
Uno/playing cards!
Nursing Bra and big knickers for going home in
Nursing top & Maternity trousers to go home in
Breast pads
Address book
New baby birth announcement cards
£10 in loose change for car park and coffee machines
Camera (charged) and new memory card
Mobile phones (charged and in credit)
iPod
Nintendo DS's (charged)
Puzzler/magazines and a pen
Notebook
Change of clothes and deodorant for Hubby
Gift and card for my son
New Dad gift for my hubby
Thank you card for Midwives
Box of tissues
Toothbrush and paste
Pillow and case

FOR BABY

Nappies
4 sleepsuits
4 vests
pram suit for leaving hospital
hats
scratch mitts
blanket
swaddle robe
comforter/soft toy
Cotton wool pleat
Nappy bags
Car seat

EXTRAS

Overnight bag for my son in case he has to stay with my Dad
Spare key for my Dad to feed our pets, or if he has to bring my son back home

THINGS TO DO A WEEK OR 2 BEFORE DUE DATE

• Wash, dry and iron baby clothes and bedding
  • Have clean bedding ready in the airing cupboard for when I get home so I have a nice fresh bed to get into
  • Stock up on pet foods
  • Cook and freeze some meals such as casseroles, stews and bolognese so they can be heated up easily so we won't have to cook
  • Have a list of numbers on the fridge of who to call when the time comes and a procedure to take when contractions starts (eg. what will happen with school children, who will collect them from school, when to call midwife/birth partners
, etc)

I know I may be over-precautious in doing this but I think my hubby will panic when I go into labour, so I want clear written instructions ready so he knows exactly what to do! :haha:

not over-precautious at all.. ive got a 'baby book' which is just a notebook thats lives on the hall table, with all of my lists and anything baby related in, my OH knows that theres a list of what to do when i go into labour, all the phone numbers, short list of names etc. so he can check this out when things start to happen,as i think my OH will panic a bit too :haha: its also got all the paperwork etc that i might need in hospital, although theres not much i need to take as my notes stay at the hospital.

sounds like your all prepared :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"