What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

hi every1 i am going to be in with my baby for at least 5 days as i have medical problems so they have already prewarned me that we will both be in for a minimum of five days to keep us under observation and i really dont have a clue what to pack for us both weather to just take so much then have things brought in as and when needed or just take the whole lot in one go i am now 32 weeks +2days and havnt packed my bag yet should i have i have bought alot of the things i think i will need and probley also bought things i wont need but hey better 2 b prepared for everything i havnt done my birth plan yet and like i said i have bought things for the hospital but havnt got a bag to put them in at this rate n knowing my luck ill end up going into labour early n taking everything in carrier bags also should i allow a little extra space in my bag to allow to fit gifts and things in that people bring me god i am so confused i wanted to just put her in sleepsuits but lookin at some of these post people are takin 2 or 3 just for an overnight stay so how many should i take please somepone reply and help me

am i leaving everything to late when should i get my bag and should my birth plan have been done by now does anyone have any comments and tips for writing a birth plan please help very distressed and panicked mum2b

Take a deep breath..... everything will be fine. You still have plenty of time. I would start packing a bag in the next week or so just to be on the safe side; just incase you have to go in early or something. These things happen. If I were you I would probably pack about 10 vests and 10 sleepsuits for baby for a 5 night stay plus a couple of packs of nappies and plenty of cotton wool. If you run out or need more, someone can always bring more in for you. I would pack 5 nighties for you and enough maternity pads for your stay. I made a massive list of things to pack (i think its on page 14 of this thread) if it helps. You may also need to pack breast pads as I think your milk comes in after the third day.

I have done my birth plan, but am very organised (some say TOO organised!) Lol. You still have plenty of time. I would think about doing it in the next couple of weeks. If you go on the Cow and Gate website there is a thing on there to help you write a birth plan.

Hope this helps. xxx

I have to over essensuate the importance of pads! I only took a pack of 10 night time kotex but ended up needing 20 more! And breast pads too, lots and lots of breast pads. Also if you're planning on using gas and air- lip balm is a MUST, my lips were SO dry after! And remember 0-3 clothes as well as newborn, my bubs didnt even touch his newborn stuff! x

oh god I am craaaaaaaaaping myself. I really should get mine finished now!

Ive packed quite alot cos i'll be in atleast 3 days, But i still dont think ive packed enough, my mum will always bring more up if i need it :) xx

With things like hairbrushes and deodorant have you gone a bought new ones or just going to pack these things last minute????

With things like hairbrushes and deodorant have you gone a bought new ones or just going to pack these things last minute????

i bought new ones because a) coz i love having new toiletries..(i know im a looser! lol)
b) i wanted mini travel size ones to take up less space

I bought small travel sized deodorants and shampoos - £1 for a mini sure deodorant and same for small charles worthington shampoo and conditioner. I have more than one hairbrush so I just packed one of those. I can't stand the thought of rushing round frantically packing when I'm in labour.

just made my list and started buying things today! I'm going to be getting new brushes and things just so i can pack everthing in advance and know i haven't forgotten anything. Plus i love having new things lol x

Thanks i think i will just have to buy new ones too, i have mini shampoos and stuff already but they dont do my deodorant in mini size so will just buy a new one :)

baby's toiletories; baby soap,powder oil,petroleum jelly,olive oil,disinfectant,cotton wool, menthylated spirit and bandages.,
mummy's deodorant,perfume,balm and light make up bag with light requisites, going home shoes

baby's toiletories; baby soap,powder oil,petroleum jelly,olive oil,disinfectant,cotton wool, menthylated spirit and bandages.,
mummy's deodorant,perfume,balm and light make up bag with light requisites, going home shoes

They say not too use baby toiletries for the first few months :shrug: xx

what would we need to pack disinfectant, menthylated spirit and bandages in our hospital bags for? :shrug: sorry if i sound thick lol

ive got a little sample size dettol spray, But thats just incase the bathrooms dirty and its tiny lol, But i wouldnt take a big one or anything like that x

my hospital recommends that you take baby toiletries with you too (they give you a list of things to take and have it on there) ... :shrug: i wont be using them though i dont think.

my hospital recommends that you take baby toiletries with you too (they give you a list of things to take and have it on there) ... :shrug: i wont be using them though i dont think.

Oh it shows how different all the hospitals are, Mine is a big no no on baby toiletries not even wipes! i wont be using toiletries straight away but after a few weeks i wont be able to resist the smell of johnsons :haha:xxx

Been watching this thread for ages and have finally decided to get my butt into gear and start getting organised... writ a list so far :) Do hospitals give you formula for bottle feeding or will I need to pack that too? xx

Been watching this thread for ages and have finally decided to get my butt into gear and start getting organised... writ a list so far :) Do hospitals give you formula for bottle feeding or will I need to pack that too? xx

you'll need to ask your mw that hun, it seems that different hospitals have different policies. at my hospital we have to take formula with us even though im planning on breast feeding(incase bf doesnt work for any reason) but alot of girls on here have said that their hospital provide it. only way to be sure is to check with your own mw xx

I'm bringing a few extras that I didn't bring last time - Coldsore cream, my own personal alcohol gel to have on hand when I need it & a small tub of antibacterial washing up liquid & maybe my own cup.

Reasons for these are I was in hospital for 3 days and woke up on third day with massive coldsores, my god it was disgusting I couldn't even kiss my baby I felt like a monster lol

I put it down to the cup I was using or cutlery or maybe the stress of labour & emergency section I don't know? - hence my own washing up liquid lol so I can wash everything before hand! Probably going a bit over board but I'd do anything so not to get another giant coldsore again!

well that depends on the mw or obgyns' school of thought. my former mw said no to baby powder and bandages. she said for fear of jaundice no powder for the first month.but the hospital i go to now for this pregnancy insist on baby toiletories . they said the oil helps the remaining filmy layer on baby's skin go off without causing dryness to baby's skin or minor grases. the powder is for a good smell and prevention of minor allergic rashes which the weather may cause. since the baby will just be re adjusting to external temperature and weather conditions .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->