What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

I know this will be the least of my worries but what's everyone wearing for the actual labour like what sort of nighty or whatever
& will i need to pack a spare of this ?

i usually wear a comfortable free gown. no elastic any where just conventional free maternity gown for actual labour

what about cocco butter, im thinking of taking that with me. That any good?

Kool, im going to bottle feed so i can still take it with me. My other halfs gran said it was good for strech marks so its got to work lol

Forgive me if this has already been suggested but I will be packing the pampers change mats. During my first night in hospital with my first, I popped DD on the bed on top of the little change mat you get in the bag. Whereupon she peed all over the mat and my bed. The MW's were so busy they refused to change the sheet. I had to sleep in it all night. :cry:
Rachx

Forgive me if this has already been suggested but I will be packing the pampers change mats. During my first night in hospital with my first, I popped DD on the bed on top of the little change mat you get in the bag. Whereupon she peed all over the mat and my bed. The MW's were so busy they refused to change the sheet. I had to sleep in it all night. :cry:
Rachx

Oh my word! Thats not right!

Rachx

that's not cool at all. they have a duty to change the stuff for you. what a callous lot. sorry, just take yours this time and try as much as possible to do your own thing and leave when you are ready to be discharged. never seen such wicked lot.:hugs:

Rachx

that's not cool at all. they have a duty to change the stuff for you. what a callous lot. sorry, just take yours this time and try as much as possible to do your own thing and leave when you are ready to be discharged. never seen such wicked lot.:hugs:

I know! I guess we all have our experiences in hospital. Don't get much choice about discharge as I have to have C sections. Which makes the above even more gross. No wonder I came down with a serious wound infection eh? :hissy:
Rachx

i'm sure this is already on here but i just thought:
flip-flops for the shower/bathroom
and comfy slippers.

loved the water-spray-mister idea.
:thumbup:

i'm sure this is already on here but i just thought:
flip-flops for the shower/bathroom
and comfy slippers.

loved the water-spray-mister idea.
:thumbup:

very thoughtful of you. i did not even remember that. the last time i put to bed i had to get to the shower in my leather slip on and it was all wet and uncomfortable:wacko:

Do i need to take baby soap and shampoo to wash the baby in after? How many nappies am i likely to need?

Thanks

Do i need to take baby soap and shampoo to wash the baby in after? How many nappies am i likely to need?

Thanks

yes baby soap and shampoo is ok. 1 pack of nappies will be fine. depending on the size of the pack though. it also depends on how long you are going to stay. i am taking a pack of 24 nappies myself.:flower:

It's probably been mentioned but i've just packed my hand held fan, i get hot easily and i know hospitals are like ovens lol!

This thread is great :thumbup:

Now if someone could kick my arse into gear and make me start packing that would be great!

As we left for labour ward I grabbed some bottles of frozen water out of our freezer.....great as they defrosted to drink and to put on the back of my neck as I laboured!!!

Take some of your own teabags with you in case you stay in, the hospital tea is awful! :haha:

As we left for labour ward I grabbed some bottles of frozen water out of our freezer.....great as they defrosted to drink and to put on the back of my neck as I laboured!!!

very brilliant idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->