What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

the only problem with this thread is you end with about 2 more bags than you originally had because everyone has such good ideas you didn't think of in the first place! he he. i now have a whole two extra holdalls! he he and then one for hubby to bring in post labour and also a going home bag! he he.

you can't help it though!

I always bring with me some of my prenatal vitamins,.. you really need them after giving birth to help with the energy loss, blood loss, and with our bodies taking everything else we have left to produce milk, it's important not to miss any! Some ppl may not realize, yes, we continue to take them if we're breastfeeding :winkwink:

i dont know if this has been mentioned but take a jug to poor over you when you first have a wee it takes away the sting and was great for me when i had my son.

Thanks everyone I have just spent hours reading this thread from page 1 and now need to do my own list.

Nobody mentioned a dongle for wifi if you are bringing netbooks or laptops

I'm gunna ask a stupid question. Did any of you take a hairdryer into hospital?

I'd defo reccomed taking a hand held fan, my hospital was SO hot and they wont give you fans unless you have a temperature!!

I'm gunna ask a stupid question. Did any of you take a hairdryer into hospital?

I took my straighteners when I was in this week, OH made fun of me but my fringe gets so curly and out of control it was nice to straighten it to get it out of my eyes :)

Can I suggest taking your favourite snack for after the delivery (assuming it can be kept in the bag)?

Hospital food is at best iffy, and let me tell you after my 3 day labour, 13 hours of which in hospital on just a tuna sandwich, and all that effort, the piece of toast I was offered just did not cut it!

At 1am after I was back in my room I would have killed for a Mr Kipling chocolate slice!

i only came onto third tri today.. and decided to read this - i'm now sooo scared!! + have even less idea of what to take, cause everyone was so helpful!!
and it seems so much more real!!
xxxx

i only came onto third tri today.. and decided to read this - i'm now sooo scared!! + have even less idea of what to take, cause everyone was so helpful!!
and it seems so much more real!!
xxxx

welcome over

pack some senakot last thing you will want to do is push a hard poo out xx lol :)

Maybe some of that spray in dry shampoo for after birth if you need to stay in for a couple of days?

Hot water bottle if you have had back problems during labour the heat will take the edge off and help to ease the contractions abit!

bathroom wipes - gives extra confidence to have a bath if you stay in!

bibs!!!! as now they dont suck the mucus out the nose, so lacie was sick alot to try bring it up!, and when i went in last year they supplied milk, now this time i have to take ready made milk and bottles, just the already sterile ones so u can just chuck them in the hospital xx

Change of clothes for your other little ones if your like me and got to take kids with you lol
I packed changed clothes for my 20 month old daughter cus i know hubby will not rememeber to so i packed them in hossy bag.

thanks for reminding me . i have a 14 months old daughter that will be going with me. the older ones will stay at home with my hubby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->