What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

I decided today was the day to actually pack my bag with the stuff I have got ready....my son decided that I got it wrong and unpacked it all.:dohh:

Apparently all I need is a frog phone, police car and a few cuddly toys!:thumbup:

As for change mats I took the small huggies disposable as we kept being told to change them in their cot thing....

Yeah I pod and reading material...erm if they are kipping so am I or just staring at them:haha:

Emma.xx

I don't know if it applies to other places but my birthing centre has asked that we pack a small, margarine-sized tun for topping and tailing.

Not something I would've thought to pack I must admit! Lol

I'd recommend a small pack of Gauze squares, and a bottle of Witch Hazel solution! ( the clear liquid and not the gel stuff)
After the birth havein this sat on the top of your pad is SOO cooling and is a natural antiseptic which helps healing and soothes any tears/stitches/bruising!

also I have packed a small bag of things I want for labour, in a small wash bag, In it I have put cooling spray, babies first outfit and nappy, lip balm, camera, energy powders, face wipes, new knickers, 2-3 pads, breast pads, and a hair band!

I figured that as our labour ward is the floor above the maternity ward, it would be easy for hubby to grab a small bag with all my esentials for labour and after birth in!

how many maternity pads do you need to take? they sell them in packs of ten at sainsburys so how many packs should i take with me as i doubt 10 individual pads will be enough?

I've heard a lot of women say take 2 or even 3 packs of pads.

They will supply you with a few in hospital.. but they are HUGE nappy type things. Handy at first though! I'm taking 1 pack of Always Nighttime mega flow things plus a smaller pack of maternity towels. I bled for 8 weeks last time - ughhhh, so buy in bulk so you have plenty to come home to!

I'm having an elective c-section... will I still bleed as much as natural birth??:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm having an elective c-section... will I still bleed as much as natural birth??:confused::confused::confused::confused:

yup - the bleeding is the uterine lining shedding, and that's produced during pregnancy so no difference with a c-section as far as I'm aware

ahhh, i feel so unorganised.. i've packed my hospital bag, but keep thinking of things i've missed, or have to put in last minutee!!

anyone got any advice on good snacks to take? as apparently if you end up giving birth after dinner time at my local hospital - you have to wait till the next morning, to eat!! :shock: (not sure how true it is, but i'd rather be safe than sorry!)
xxxx

ahhh, i feel so unorganised.. i've packed my hospital bag, but keep thinking of things i've missed, or have to put in last minutee!!

anyone got any advice on good snacks to take? as apparently if you end up giving birth after dinner time at my local hospital - you have to wait till the next morning, to eat!! :shock: (not sure how true it is, but i'd rather be safe than sorry!)
xxxx

we have granola bars and sugar free hard candy (that way I can at least have the candy during labor and it not throw my sugars out of whack) but thats it

ok, silly question? is there a difference in 'maternity' pads vs regular pads??

I bought a pack of overnight with wings pads...I've never seen maternity pads in the stores here, but I think the hospital will provide some.

Hi ladies, I found this website, thought it was quite funky!

https://www.isyourbagpacked.co.uk/

Hi all!

Went for our hospital tour yesterday, and the nurse who gave it to us couldn't emphasize enough the importance of bringing along a padlock for the lockers in our rooms. Apparently, there are a lot of thefts in the maternity ward - lots of visitors going in and out all the time, so easy for people to blend in. They recommended we keep everything of value (sentimental or otherwise) in the locker.

Most stolen item? Digital Cameras - with all of baby's first pictures on them!!!

:(
A

Oh no! Which hospital are u delivering at?

Hi ladies, I found this website, thought it was quite funky!

https://www.isyourbagpacked.co.uk/

it's quite cool! I've just ordered the slippers, lukozade tabs and lavender oil :thumbup:

ok, silly question? is there a difference in 'maternity' pads vs regular pads??

When I had my antenatal class the lady said that you really do need to get maternity pads cos regular sanitary pads are so good at soaking up your period flow that they can make you too dry and it can be uncomfortable. She said that you can now get thinner maternity pads from Boots in the UK but I'm not sure what is available in the US.

Hope this helps x

The leader at our antenatal class also said that normal pads just won't cut it, we'll need maternity pads for sure...

Interesting suggestion from our antenatal teacher - get your birth partner to pack your hospital bag.
(obviously you put everything out for them, bnut they actually put the stuff into the bag!)
They are going to be the ones rooting through it whilst you are in labour so it makes sense that they know where everything is. Last thing you want in labour is them asking 'lip balm? okay which pocket is that in?'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->