What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

I just thought of something, dont know if its been mentioned already... a mini handheld fan! Everytime ive been in hospital on the maternity ward either giving birth myself or visiting someone, its always been way too hot. I knowthey have to keep it warm for the babies but sometimes its ridiculous x

Ive got one packed, I agree its always boiling in our hospital so if i dont use it Im sure OH will, he hates being too hot.

Im 99% packed now :happydance:

I've packed a Magicool spray to help with the heat and to be refreshing for you, especially when it's due to come warm this weekend and I'm due!

Also some clary sage and lavender massage oil to help with contractions :thumbup:

Here's my bags ang what my kids aunt who is staying with me is bring are either of us forgetting anything???

My bag:
4 pairs of knickers
2 night gowns
1 robe
My pillow
5 pairs of socks
toothbrush and tooth paste
old iPod
phone
contact list
chargers
portable DVD player
birth plan

Babies' bag
6 oneises
3 coming home outfits
3 baby blankets
9 premade bottle (i'll start breastfeeding once i get home)
3 pacifiers

Auntie's bag
camrea
her iPod
pain killer (only her)
2 outfits for herself
3 extra pacifiers
contact list
cell phone
phone cards
change

Hay ladies,

Ive just been checking the list that my hosp gave me of things to pack for the hosp and its says ill need

10 vests
10 baby grows
10 bibs
4 cardis
3 hats
3 pairs of mits

this is just for a 24 hours stay - surely thats too much isnt it????

Many thanks

Hay ladies,

Ive just been checking the list that my hosp gave me of things to pack for the hosp and its says ill need

10 vests
10 baby grows
10 bibs
4 cardis
3 hats
3 pairs of mits

Many thanks

10 of the vests and baby grows does seem a bit extreme!!

Hay ladies,

10 vests
10 baby grows
10 bibs
4 cardis
3 hats
3 pairs of mits

Many thanks

10 of the vests and baby grows does seem a bit extreme!!

Agreed! Unless ur having triplets lol. I packed 3 vests, 3 sleep suits, a cardi for coming home and a few of the accessories x

Just wanted to say I hardly used anything from my bag at all! It was so full just a change if clothes and babies items some toiletries that was it! oh a few snacks bevita biscuits to nibble on in early labour were lovely! Spare pj's/nighties I'd take more than 2 and make sure they are dark colour bottoms for leaks of blood.

Didn't use iPod at all

I've just packed my little mans bag without realising it :lol:

We are moving house in 2.5 weeks so I was sorting out the box of things for his room and got my changing bag out - packed a few outfits, nappies and his blanket. Think I've just got to put in cotton wool and then pack my bits and pieces :)

how many nappies do you put in the LO's bag??

I put one whole pack in (27). I know I won't need that much but would rather take too many than too few and bring home what isn't used while in the hospital.

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, and it might sound a bit vain, but did anyone pack hairdryer/straighteners? I need to look my best for pictures....!!!!:winkwink:

I've just had a haircut so will have to take straighteners or I shall look like I got electrocuted!

im going to bring a blanket or something of my daughters that smells like her as I miss her terribly when she's not there and it will remind me how worthwhile it all is in the end :flower:

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, and it might sound a bit vain, but did anyone pack hairdryer/straighteners? I need to look my best for pictures....!!!!:winkwink:

I took both but didn't use them x

This may sound odd...but I'm trying to a waterbirth and have used Natal Hypnotherapy over the past month or so to try and prepare for the birth - I've been lighting candles to help with the relaxation so I've bought 10 electric candles to put in the delivery room so I can dim the lights and it will help me "get in the zone".

At least that's what I hope!

im going to bring a blanket or something of my daughters that smells like her as I miss her terribly when she's not there and it will remind me how worthwhile it all is in the end :flower:

that is soooo cute!x

not sure if its already been said as i havent read through every post, but im going to take a bottle dialute juice in with me to add to the water that you get on your bedside table - probably to use after baby is born as i think the water in hospital is awful and nearly always warm and just think a bit of juice added to it would be sooo much better

Lilly what a good idea! Think I'll do that, thanks 4 sharing x

Lilly what a good idea! Think I'll do that, thanks 4 sharing x

your welcome :thumbup:
i only decided to take juice in as i have recently had a few hospital stays lately and like i say the water is awful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->