What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

santizing/disinfectant wipes. Use them to disinfect remotes, handles, door knobs, table etc.

and overly eager grandparents hands who haven't washed there hands since last loo visit because they were too busy rushing to get to see their new grandchild!

Ashley your bump is far too cute! its beautiful! xxx

Yup. Luckily hospitals(at least here) have hand sanitizer in all of the rooms, so everybody gets to sanitize once they enter!
Thanks-its very heavy right now!

our hospital has them before entering the building before entering each new room and even attached to the end of each bed! the in laws think that these are just for staff, even tho it says everywhere to use it before going into each next part of the hospital :dohh:
i just kept my own 1 in the bottom of the crib thing at hospital, anyone coming over asking if they could hold her got told to sanitize first lol!

i can imagine that its very heavy and off balancing, but it is lovely! you will have great bump pics to look back on! xxx

this is what i packed:

for me:

going home outfit
6 pairs of underware
4 pairs of no slip socks
2 pairs of pj's
a robe
slippers
toothbrush
toothpaste (hubby can use also)
6 hair ties (in case any of them break)
4 hair clips
make up for coming home
deoderant
shampoo (hubby can use also)
conditioner (hubby can use also)
body wash ( hubby can use also)
i wont be taking any pads only because the hospital gives them
about 20 nursing pads
cards for me and hubby to play something with
word search's
birth plan
number's of people i want to contact when she is born
book to read
razor ( hoping to be able to shave but not counting on it)
bags to put dirty clothes in
wash cloth
lotion
hair brush
eye shield (to block out the light so i cant sleep)
mouth wash
q-tips
chap stick
floss

for hubby:

pj's
snacks
change for the snack and drink machines
still have to get drinks for him to have so we dont spend as much money
toothbrush
deoderant
wash cloths

for baby:

hand sanitizer
face and hand wipes
wipes
stain remover wipes and pen
vaseline
baby shampoo
baby powder
baby wash
diaper rash ointment
baby lotion
travel size tissue pack
bags to put dirty diapers in
disposable changing pads
baby book
outfit for pictures to be taken in hospital
coming home outfit
3 pacifiers
1 heavy blanket
2 receiving blankets
4 spit rags
3 bibs
one extra outfit
a few no scratch mittens
a few pairs of socks
car seat (already in the van)
boppy-it's a wonderful thing to have breast feeding or bottle feeding

Will be grabbing on the way out the door:

camera and charger
cell phone and charger
blanket for hubby
pillows for me and hubby
Tablet/charger
my older kids
my grocery list for me to work on while in labor

iv just finished both mine and babys bag

babys bag:

5 babygrows (i threw 2 extra because DD was a very messy sicky baby and needed extra so just incase)
5 vests (again because DD)
2 hats
2 pairs scratch mits
half a pack of nappies
cotton wipes to wet for botty changing (i cant stand cotton wool, it goes through me but it is supplied at hospital)
5 muslin squares
5 bibs
teddy
a little blanket
antibacterial hand gel
Coming home outfit (me to you babygro with jacket and trousers, booties, hat and a bib if needed)
we have a special car seat blanket which the baby wears in the car seat which will also be brought up to the hosp with us, her bag fits in it nicely and i can make sure the nurses can see im ready to leave now by us all being dressed and ready to go lol!

My bag:
1 huuuuge nightie to give birth in
1 pair of slippers
cooling spray
mini fan
dextro's (sugary energy tablets, fab for a boost and OH needs them if he goes low)
pack of maternity pads (10)
small pack of breast pads (10, 5 pairs)
photo of DD :)
nursing bra
pack of disposable maternity knickers (5)
tissues
cooling face wipes
1 button up front nightie (for just after birth) and 2 pairs of black leggings with 2 long button shirts (comfy and practical for breastfeeding :) )
nice pair of knickers for leaving hosp in so i dont feel so bleugh (x2 just incase)
1 pair of happy feet (roll up shoes, because il probably get to hosp in slippers lol)
a navy dress (to come home in)
aloe vera bodywash and shampoo all in 1
soft sponge
toothbrush and toothpaste (x2 1 4 me, 1 4 OH from a hotel, the 1s with a tiny tube of toothpaste in the same pack haha)
mouthwash
perfume free deodorant (i used a whole 150ml bottle with DD becasue the post natal ward was sooo hot! perfume free so i smell like me for baby)
hairbrush
cheap boots natural collection range mascara and concealer (they were only £2 each so at least i haven't got to worry about putting my make up in bag!)
chapstick
hair clamp and bobbles
phone charger (its a spare 1 that fits both mine and OH phone)
a t shirt for OH (he can use the perfume free deodorant and toothbrush in there so doesnt need anything else)
tic tacs, small bottle of concentrate squash small tupperware box of decaf tea bags because i hate hosp tea and i drink tea constantly) my tea mug and a small uht milk (there is drinks machines outside the ward but i hate dry milk too so il just use that for the hot water) (i also have to have tea in a proper mug, small cups or plastic beakers just will not do lol)
iv also gotta put in the bottles of lucozade, water and fruit and snacks in the bag, but closer to the time.

It sounds like a lot but its less than half of what i took last time, tbh it actually fits into the 1 small holdall, so i could just bung it all in 1 but i hated that last time trying to find something and haing to go through everything to get it, tho i could always put a mag or something in the middle to seperate the 2 sides and then just fling all the food stuff in a bag for life before we go, actually that sounds fab, im going to do that lol!

i dont think iv forgot anything serious, if you read through and think she has forgot the most important thing... then please let me know lol! xx

ETA: birth plan is on the phone table by the door so i will grab that as i go and for pics and calling people we will be using the mobiles.

Please Help

im not planning on breast feeding and i dont no what size bottles to take to hospital with me?
does it matter what size as long as ive got the 1st teet size, ive got the large MAM anti colic bottles :) and was told to taking some pre-made milk cartoons too.
Can i just fill the large bottles a a couple of oz? or do i need to by smaller ones?

thank you x x x x x
Lauren x x x x x x x
:pink:

Please Help

im not planning on breast feeding and i dont no what size bottles to take to hospital with me?
does it matter what size as long as ive got the 1st teet size, ive got the large MAM anti colic bottles :) and was told to taking some pre-made milk cartoons too.
Can i just fill the large bottles a a couple of oz? or do i need to by smaller ones?

thank you x x x x x
Lauren x x x x x x x

as long as you have the size 1 teats its fine, you just put as much milk as is needed in it xxx

Please Help

thank you x x x x x
Lauren x x x x x x x

most hospital's give you the nursette bottles and nipples if you happen to get that keep the nipples even thought they tell you to throw them away (you can just wash them and strealize them when you get home) and stick up on as many of those as possible cuz they will come in handy for the night feedings

Thank you guys :) didn't wanna turn up with them and they laugh at me lol
New to this mummy business :) just packing my bag even though I've got another 13 weeks yet haha :D

Thanks again
Lauren xxxxxx

Thank you guys :) didn't wanna turn up with them and they laugh at me lol
New to this mummy business :) just packing my bag even though I've got another 13 weeks yet haha :D

Thanks again
Lauren xxxxxx

i packed mine and my husband's things when i found out i was pregnant; i didnt do the baby's until we found out what it was

I dont know if this has been mentioned or not...But my mum said Baby powder was a lifesaver when she was in labor for when dad gave her back rubs....Less friction so dont get the burning sensation after rubbing for too long.
Definately will be packing this.

does anyone have any thoughts on the fact that I'm thinking of packing 1 bottle and a couple of cartons of formula?? I plan on breastfeeding but am paranoid that for whatever reason (medical or otherwise) wont be able to so wanted to be ready in case. Do I have to steralise before or would a hosp do that for me? Thanks x

the hospital I was at for DD they gave me little bottles with ready made formula and nipples and you just took the lid off, opened a new nipple pack with a screw-on ring and put it on the bottle. Poof, ready to go! Don't forget that IF you cannot BF (my plan too!) you can always send DH to get you stuff at the local stores while you are still in the hospital. I'd rather under pack than over pack personally. I know I can always send family out on errands and it makes them feel useful. :)

I found this extremely helpful!! My husband was unsure of what he should bring and he's helping me pack my bag so I just printed this for him. Excellent!

what a great idea... would be ideal actually as i wouldnt have to worry about forgetting!

what a great idea... would be ideal actually as i wouldnt have to worry about forgetting!

i always feel really cheeky putting in double prescriptions though! i put a double prescription in after i first got diagnosed so that i had 1 set in the house and 1 set in the changing bag, so that way id always have 1 near me, i went to pick mine up and the woman in front of me had just been in the docs with her DS and he had been prescribed an inhaler but they didnt have any left as its only a small chemist inside the surgery, poor woman had to drive 20 mins to the nearest chemist to pick 1 up :blush: i felt awful for taking 2 then!
tho tbh they probably should of had a bigger stock since i had put my prescription in 2 days before lol!

dont forget to put a sleeve of any other pills in your bag too, or at least x amount of tabs you need for an over night stay, just in case and put in the info booklet with them so that the nurses know exactly what your on xx

i have no other meds I need to take, but thinking about it i might pack some paracetamol. I remember after I had my son, i had to wait ages for them to comes around with the co-codamol and get some relief from the cramps ect, if i had my own i could just say no to their meds and take my own on time... would they let me do that?

this is what i packed:

for me:

going home outfit
6 pairs of underware
4 pairs of no slip socks
2 pairs of pj's
a robe
slippers
toothbrush
toothpaste (hubby can use also)
6 hair ties (in case any of them break)
4 hair clips
make up for coming home
deoderant
shampoo (hubby can use also)
conditioner (hubby can use also)
body wash ( hubby can use also)
i wont be taking any pads only because the hospital gives them
about 20 nursing pads
cards for me and hubby to play something with
word search's
birth plan
number's of people i want to contact when she is born
book to read
razor ( hoping to be able to shave but not counting on it)
bags to put dirty clothes in
wash cloth
lotion
hair brush
eye shield (to block out the light so i cant sleep)
mouth wash
q-tips
chap stick
floss

for hubby:

pj's
snacks
change for the snack and drink machines
still have to get drinks for him to have so we dont spend as much money
toothbrush
deoderant
wash cloths

for baby:

hand sanitizer
face and hand wipes
wipes
stain remover wipes and pen
vaseline
baby shampoo
baby powder
baby wash
diaper rash ointment
baby lotion
travel size tissue pack
bags to put dirty diapers in
disposable changing pads
baby book
outfit for pictures to be taken in hospital
coming home outfit
3 pacifiers
1 heavy blanket
2 receiving blankets
4 spit rags
3 bibs
one extra outfit
a few no scratch mittens
a few pairs of socks
car seat (already in the van)
boppy-it's a wonderful thing to have breast feeding or bottle feeding

Will be grabbing on the way out the door:

camera and charger
cell phone and charger
blanket for hubby
pillows for me and hubby
my older kids
my grocery list for me to work on while in labor

amazing list! will you really have the energy or time to floss right after giving birth! amazing :p

oh great idea to have a grossery list to work on i think il do that too! lists calm me down when im axious lol

i have no other meds I need to take, but thinking about it i might pack some paracetamol. I remember after I had my son, i had to wait ages for them to comes around with the co-codamol and get some relief from the cramps ect, if i had my own i could just say no to their meds and take my own on time... would they let me do that?

i think it should be fine to take your taking paracetamol if your birth was unmedicated, just make sure you let somebody know for if anything needs to be done fterwards xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->