What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

I would say double check with your hospital before taking hairdryer or straighteners. I had my hospital tour the other evening and they said they do not allow them because they havent been safety tested, they have a hairdryer we can use but no straighteners.

Just thought Id let you know

For anyone that's cut out caffeine and wants to stay that way till after birth or are planning to stay off it, Decaf tea and coffee, while you are waiting in maternity if things are going slow...

:)

xx

Has anyone at some point condensed this list? I am finding the 99 pages a little intimidating.

Has anyone at some point condensed this list? I am finding the 99 pages a little intimidating.

Just work off the basics on the first page and then make your own mini list of extra things that you would like to take in :hugs:

I packed some fuzzy socks, pajama pants, tank top, robe extra underwear, brush and sugarless hard candy to suck on. And for the baby i packed a recieveing blanket, socks and an outfit.

But i would deffinately check with the hospital before i take any blowdryers or straighteners

For anybody taking concentrate squash to add to the water, Tesco do a mini bottle of double strength, perfect for not taking up too much room or being too heavy xx

Okay I have finally packed my babys bag!! :baby:

In it is -

4 babygrows
4 vests
2 hats
1 cardigan
2 scratch mits
1 little booties shoes (although the babygrows do have feet in)
Blanket

12 nappies
1 pack wipes
Nappy Bags
Cotton Wool

Car seat will be in the car.

I intend on leaving the hospital straight from l&d so think I should have plenty.

Does this sound ok?? :shrug:

Okay I have finally packed my babys bag!! :baby:

In it is -

4 babygrows
4 vests
2 hats
1 cardigan
2 scratch mits
1 little booties shoes (although the babygrows do have feet in)
Blanket

12 nappies
1 pack wipes
Nappy Bags
Cotton Wool

Car seat will be in the car.

I intend on leaving the hospital straight from l&d so think I should have plenty.

Does this sound ok?? :shrug:

sounds perfect for a short stay for baby but what about things for you? what if you need to stay longer for some reason?

Thanks Lilly!

Haven't even started mine yet, like to leave things to the last minute :haha:

That is my job for today so I will update later xx

For anyone that's cut out caffeine and wants to stay that way till after birth or are planning to stay off it, Decaf tea and coffee, while you are waiting in maternity if things are going slow...

:)

xx

Yep I second this - i was very surprised when it was normal tea and Nescafe at the antenatal classes lol since the book the midwives give us go on about the evils of caffeine!

I heard that male underpants are good for the first couple of days after birth since they are bigger at the front....Be extra room for icepacks etc if needed. I have some cheapies i got that im packing in my bag.

l haven't trawled through all the pages on this thread so i apologise if it's already been said, but i am making a compilation CD of music to play through my labour. Also, it may be worth treating yourself to some luxury smellies, you deserve a little pampering after giving birth. My friend made me up a little hamper to take to hospital when i had my 1st born with a really soft flannel and some nice smelly bits in, it was a lovely idea and made me feel a million times better :) xx

Hospital Bags - All three of them!
My previous child was born at 32 weeks and I was totally unprepared with my hospital bag.
Ha ha! Thats not happening again - due to my incredible anal nature I have planned my hospital bags. Yes, 3 of them.
I can't fit everything in one bag and tbh whats the point of carting all this stuff around if you only need stuff at certain times?
I figure if I take all the bags in the car but just take the labour bag in with me then after LO is born OH can take labour bag back to car and bring in postnantal bag and then when we are ready to go home to bring in the going home bag.

What do you think?

LABOUR

Birth Plan
Maternity Notes
Dressing Gown
Slippers
Socks
Lip Balm
Phone
Charger
Money
Snacks & drinks
Book
DS & Games
Notepad
Pen
Hairbrush
Bobbles
Pillows
Toiletries
WaterSpray Bottle
Swim shorts FOR DAVE
Camera
Nappy
Vest
Babygro
Hat

POSTNATAL

Nursing Bras
Breast pads
Maternity pads
Pants
Nightwear
Towels
Muslin Squares
3 sleepsuits & Vests
Baby Blanket
Nappies
Cotton Wool
Top and tail bowl
Socks

GOING HOME

Change of clothes
Shoes
Car Seat
Going home outfit
Hat
Snowsuit

I know I am sooooo anal but would appreciate any suggestions for stuff I have missed out

Thank you

Hi

my friend is due in 6 weeks and she is now looking at what she should be packing and she has just asked me about bottles and milk and sterilising?? when i had my LO you didnt need to take milk, but now you do! so what she would like to know is,
-
-how much milk does she need to take?
-If she sterilises bottles week or 2 before will that be okay?
-And how will the bottles get sterilised in hospital? do you take steriliser with you?

Hope some of you ladies will be able to shed some light on this for me

Thanks
Becky :)

Hi

my friend is due in 6 weeks and she is now looking at what she should be packing and she has just asked me about bottles and milk and sterilising?? when i had my LO you didnt need to take milk, but now you do! so what she would like to know is,
-
-how much milk does she need to take?
-If she sterilises bottles week or 2 before will that be okay?
-And how will the bottles get sterilised in hospital? do you take steriliser with you?

Hope some of you ladies will be able to shed some light on this for me

Thanks
Becky :)

at my hospital you just take your bottles in and they sterilise them for you while you are in labour so that they are ready for when baby arrives, they also say to take in the ready made cartons of formula as its easier. Even easier to get the bottles of ready made milk i know sma do them, i think if you go online you can get other brands, that way you have your bottles and milk all ready and dont have to worry about it, plus its less to bring home! xx

santizing/disinfectant wipes. Use them to disinfect remotes, handles, door knobs, table etc.

santizing/disinfectant wipes. Use them to disinfect remotes, handles, door knobs, table etc.

and overly eager grandparents hands who haven't washed there hands since last loo visit because they were too busy rushing to get to see their new grandchild!

Ashley your bump is far too cute! its beautiful! xxx

and overly eager grandparents hands who haven't washed there hands since last loo visit because they were too busy rushing to get to see their new grandchild!

Ashley your bump is far too cute! its beautiful! xxx

Yup. Luckily hospitals(at least here) have hand sanitizer in all of the rooms, so everybody gets to sanitize once they enter!
Thanks-its very heavy right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->