What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

the hospital I was at for DD they gave me little bottles with ready made formula and nipples and you just took the lid off, opened a new nipple pack with a screw-on ring and put it on the bottle. Poof, ready to go! Don't forget that IF you cannot BF (my plan too!) you can always send DH to get you stuff at the local stores while you are still in the hospital. I'd rather under pack than over pack personally. I know I can always send family out on errands and it makes them feel useful. :)

Unfortunally I believe there was a new rule bought in that they wont give you formula now unless you are completely unable to breastfeed even if you ask for one. BUt im going to check this

the hospital I was at for DD they gave me little bottles with ready made formula and nipples and you just took the lid off, opened a new nipple pack with a screw-on ring and put it on the bottle. Poof, ready to go! Don't forget that IF you cannot BF (my plan too!) you can always send DH to get you stuff at the local stores while you are still in the hospital. I'd rather under pack than over pack personally. I know I can always send family out on errands and it makes them feel useful. :)

Unfortunally I believe there was a new rule bought in that they wont give you formula now unless you are completely unable to breastfeed even if you ask for one. BUt im going to check this

my hospital still gives you the little bottles of milk at the moment but i know of other ones that dont as well so i guess its best to check with your hospital so you know if you need to take any in or not.

maybe..ur own pillow...its not nessesary but it makes you feel a little at home...more comfortable

im also taking a heavy blanket for me to use and the hubby can use it when im sweating, it's so cold in alot of hospitals now i dont want to get a cold while im in labor like i did before.

Thanks ladies I've just written down about 10 things i didnt have on my list..

OH has just seen it and got a little potty, pointing and saying things aren't needed.. do i just ignore his comments and just get them anyway? :cry:

hi hawalkden - tbh ive gone through the lists/suggestions on here and taken ideas from it, although I like to be prepared so have prob got too much too. That said, some people say better to take little and send OH/mum etc out if necessary, others say better to have too much than not enough. I'm with the second set lol :haha: and would rather take things and not use them than not pack and need/want them xx

Thanks ladies I've just written down about 10 things i didnt have on my list..

OH has just seen it and got a little potty, pointing and saying things aren't needed.. do i just ignore his comments and just get them anyway? :cry:

heck yes if YOU want them, its your labour ::shrug::haha:

Thanks :) makes it worse because we don't have the car anymore, my local hospital doesnt do labour/delivery anymore it's the birthing centre and Ive got to go to the next hospital local to me which is 30 minutes away due to being under consultant care (Type One Diabetic).. I'll just buy the things i need and they'll come in handy when I'm home I know they will.. just SICK of OH thinking things i've bought or getting are 100% pointless and he's always looking for a cheap alternative or nothing at all :(

Mothercare, Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda do these. Ready made formula in small glass bottles with sterile teats....all ready to go.

https://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/catalog/sectionpagecontainer.jsp?departmentid=1214921923692

A lot easier than taking bottles and cartons in as you throw them away after. They are what you used to get given in hospitals. Other brands available too.

let me know if link works! if not try this one

https://www.mothercare.com/SMA-Star...&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

im hoping they do Sailorsgirl as you can't pre-sterilise unless you know you're being induced etc lol x

im thinking of taking a mc donalds as the foods really bad lol no doubt i will take too much of everything.

phew! just finished my bag tonight (except a couple of last minute things like phone charger, notes etc) and finished baby's too :) ooooh getting scary now lol x

I love the latest list - it's fab!

The only reason I am "underpacking" my hospital bag is because I got SO MUCH BITCHING the first time from the horrid aux nurse about my mahoosive bag that I overpacked because I knew I was being kept in for 3-4 days.

This time I've been told I will likely be in 1 or 2 days all being well so I'm just packing enough for overnight and leaving the rest of the stuff I would likely have packed in a separate gym bag at home so DH can bring it in with him at visiting the next day and I can swap used stuff for new stuff if I need to.

I am going to send my washing home in plastic bags with hims as well so I don't have a tonne of stuff to take home. He's going to bring in the baby's and my going home outfits when he comes to take us home so I don't have to pack that either... I bet he forgets it though! As long as he remembers to bring the baby's car seat I am sure we'll be ok.

It's impossible to know what to pack!

I love the latest list - it's fab!

The only reason I am "underpacking" my hospital bag is because I got SO MUCH BITCHING the first time from the horrid aux nurse about my mahoosive bag that I overpacked because I knew I was being kept in for 3-4 days.

This time I've been told I will likely be in 1 or 2 days all being well so I'm just packing enough for overnight and leaving the rest of the stuff I would likely have packed in a separate gym bag at home so DH can bring it in with him at visiting the next day and I can swap used stuff for new stuff if I need to.

I am going to send my washing home in plastic bags with hims as well so I don't have a tonne of stuff to take home. He's going to bring in the baby's and my going home outfits when he comes to take us home so I don't have to pack that either... I bet he forgets it though! As long as he remembers to bring the baby's car seat I am sure we'll be ok.

It's impossible to know what to pack!

Oh I meant to say my point was that if you can get away with over packing then over pack. Just remember it's probably your birth partner who will end up carrying the bags around for you though!!! If you're going to pack everything then it's probably good to have a wheelie case or wheelie bag so it can be dragged along. My poor DH pulled a muscle in his back carrying my huge holdall last time :(

oooh just thought of another thing to pack, I've decanted some of my bio-oil into a smaller bottle to take with me as I want to keep up with the moisturising of my stretchies lol x

Silly question but do I need to pack a hand towel or bath towel as I am planning to have a water birth or will the hospital lend me one??

Amy x

Silly question but do I need to pack a hand towel or bath towel as I am planning to have a water birth or will the hospital lend me one??

Amy x

i was told to pack my own so i have. hospitals will have some there but apparently they are tatty old scratchy ones! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->