What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

I took my own towel (dark one for after giving birth because of the whole blood thing) and the hospital ones can be a bit stained/scratchy and also i didnt like the thought of handing over blood-stained towels to a nurse lol.

Do not forget the labor pillow - hemorroid pillow / ring. It helps a lot to sit especially when you need to while breastfeeding , after you have vaginal delivery...

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this and cannot face trawling through 105 pages to check so apologies if so...I'm not taking separate anti-bac wipes for the hospital. I'm taking some anti-bac hand gel and will put some on a baby wipe and wipe around any areas of concern! Just thought it might be useful if you are struggling to do the zip up on your bag and want to take some stuff out!

DEFINITELY take lip balm/vaseline if you are planning to use Gas & Air (it makes your lips really dry and chapped afterwards).

Maternity Pads are a MUST! I thought normal period pads would do but they don't. You have to use two period pads at once if you take those.

I recommend taking bottles of water as well. I drank the hospital dry!! Gas & Air makes you really thirsty.

& take some snacks because hospital food is disgusting, no matter how hungry you are, it sucks.

i couldnt agree more with you vrinda.the labor pillow - hemorroid pillow / ring is something you definitely want to have with you at all times!!

seriously ladies, my lost keeps on getting longer!!! do we really need all this?

Check what your hospital provides in advance!

My hospital provide nappies/maternity pads/cotton wool/baby toiletries if needed. All this stuff is in a cupboard at the end of every bed in the ward. - and it is nappies/mat pads that can take up a load of room too.

My bed had 3 or 4 pillows too, the food was good in hospital......:flower:

My bed had 3 or 4 pillows too, the food was good in hospital......:flower:

I remember the food being good and plentiful when I was in with DD. Took most of my snacks home with me! I did drink all my Ribena tho so taking that again. Also will ask OH to bring in some Lucozade. Am having a section so remember feeling a bit zonked afterwards - hope this will help put more of a spring in my (pigeon) steps!

Ive got everything for my hospital bag i just av to pack it lol
Im using a small suitcase as my other bag is to small

remember a toothbrush and toothpaste i dont know why but when i have been in with my 3 daughters i have seen loads of people forget these. I couldnt do without brushing my teeth!!

a spare t-shirt, toothbrush and deodarant for hubby. If you have a long labour and he s there whole time, he may want to freshen up after the birth and before visitors. Spare t-shirt is after my friend's dh was promptly peed on by his newborn but visiting started 45mins later so he just had to dry off pee under hand drier until visitors away and he got home to change!

this might be a ridiculous question but what about a hairdryer...are there any? and i take it u need to bring straighteners (well if uve got horrific hair like mines lol) xx

I forgot my toothbrush last time-as my baby came bit earlier then expected and i was in a rush to get to hospital-so was a case of grab things quickly and go! :) I'll remember to pack earlier this time, and include toiletries!

remember a toothbrush and toothpaste i dont know why but when i have been in with my 3 daughters i have seen loads of people forget these. I couldnt do without brushing my teeth!!

They was first things i packed lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->